Does anyone else here occasionally get messages in the form of smells?

I randomly smell people when they’re relevant (like I smelled Sam a few moments ago while listening to this manifestation info video) what do they mean really?

The brain sometimes does that when you think of people or places you have a strong memory of.

7 Likes

Could it be messages? For instance, I smelled my very intense oil out of the blue that I use for shamanic vision quests when it wasnt on me when I was thinking about what I needed to do. Turns out I needed to do the quest. Eh, never mind. I know it was.

I smelled freshly baked cookies when I first talked with Thoth. I wonder what kind of memory i have hidden in this weird brain of mine :rofl:

1 Like

Lilith once sent me an intoxicating fragrance to indicate of her presence

2 Likes

That’s something else though.
I think OP was talking about familiar scents.

1 Like

I’m very familiar with cookies :yum: ok, I’ll shut up now :grin:

3 Likes

I agree with Helena.

On the “spiritual” side of it, I naturally smell energies, so if someone’s energy is dirty or their energy body has some kind of shit going on with it I smell it.

Otherwise a person’s energy smells vary.

7 Likes

Oh my yea she has done that to me! By calling it intoxicating you’re right. I woke up smelling roses
in such an intense way, it was overwhelming, and another time, it was jasmine.

1 Like

I don’t “smell’” people’s energy, I physically feel and sense it, but as far as spirits and deities go, yes I have smelled different scents.

I put away some homemade chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies, lol, I get ya there. Yum.

1 Like

Rarely, and my experience has only been with human ghosts. Used to be a ghost in my old basement that smoked, and he used the basement as a sort of workshop/man cave. My feeling was it was the only place in the house he was allowed to do so.
So occasionally you’d go down there and smell fag smoke.

I asked him not to smoke in the house at all and he faded off over about a year after that. As my sense of him faded the smell stopped happening.

(The house was a detached single family in a rural area backing on to 80 acres of woodland with one house 500 yards away, the next 1/4 mile, and the windows were never open. )

Once I got a smell during ritual, with a daemonic entity, but I can’t describe it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ive smelled flowers (or more like a flowery perfume) when goddess Isis comes to me. I was in a grandparent’s house after he moved in and in a spot it smelled like i walked through a cloud of cigarrette smoke and later i was told the original owner was a smoker (and died) and that grandpa sometimes smells that too.

3 Likes

I have over the course of about 20 years identified and have kept 7 ghosts in my home. One of them is a woman who was involved ( not in a dark type of way, but she doesn’t seem to have a problem with what I do) with some form of occultism. When they want to communicate, I will smell a hint of her favorite perfume, or sandalwood.

2 Likes

I usually work all clairs so while smell does happen a bit more often, I also feel, hear, see, rarely do I try and taste it cause that’s nasty but yeah.

2 Likes

I work on all clairs too, with energies I can only sense/feel energy. I imagine its gotta be weird tasting it lol

1 Like

If you’re talking about the familiar scent like Helena pointed out, there is a purely scientific reason for it. Brain anatomy. Scent and memory (and emotions) are closely linked. Your other senses have to pass through the thalamus before going to appropriate area. Scent goes directly to the hippocampus (memory) and amygdala (emotions). Like a direct line. That’s why memories and emotions tied to scents are usually stronger than the others.

My dad was a carpenter. He died a few years ago. When I think of him, see something of his, or a pic of him I will strongly smell wood, usually cedar. The reverse is true too. When I smell cedar I get a vivid picture of him in my mind.

Of course, like the others have described, I have experienced clairsalience too. It’s not my strongest clair but I get really excited when it comes through pretty strong.

2 Likes

Every so often a smell will come into my presence with no discernible source. It’s usually while I’m watching television or otherwise occupied.

A couple of weeks ago, it was the smell of roses, and a few days after that, it was the smell of cigarettes (which always makes me want to vomit). I checked the open windows in the house and even went outside to find the source but the scents seemed to be confined only to my room, and my window was not open.

It happens often enough that I just brush it off and chalk it up to imagination. I never actually considered if it was a spiritual message of some kind though :thinking:

5 Likes

At this point, I should stop “checking with the tribe” as much. I knew what it was.

1 Like

True, what is also true is that many people read this forum who cannot join for some reason, and they may have the same question. Many people find this forum through search engines every day.

This wasn’t some figment of your own mind or your inner reality, it was a “does magick ever work like this?” kind of question and those serve other people as well.

So can all the argument and stuff that kicked off (and which I have deleted) please calm down and we can perhaps have a useful topic that will help many others to verify a sensation they are uncertain about. I’m not calling right or wrong on anyone, just trying to keep things constructive.

5 Likes