Does anyone dislike Netflix's 'Lucifer' show?

Honestly, I enjoy it. Its a nice break from the seriousness of everything and its not all fire and brimstone. I’m also comedic, so.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the next season

I hate it

1 Like

I liked it. I saw the first two seasons… not sure why you’d force yourself through any episode let alone a season of a show you didn’t like? And then complain about it? That seems weird to me. You pushed up the ratings to encourage them to make more of a show you hate :joy_cat:

I thought it was funny, and I enjoyed it for what it was, but it wasn’t mean to be deep and thoughtful. I mean, it’s pedoflix after all. I liked the gift he had of getting people to tell him what they “really desire” and getting the contract thing going - very medieval. I liked the actor, I think the superciliousness was deliberate, the whole 'uses humour to hold people at a distance to hide his broken heart" thing.

I thought I heard it was based loosely on Neil Gaiman’s version of Lucifer from the Sandman graphic novels, though there’s no resemblance I saw, so maybe that’s wrong and I’m thinking of something else. American Gods maybe, which was pretty good.

The storyline with his mother possessing the lawyer was different and interesting. The “daddy” issues thing made some thoughtful criticisms but went on too long. I thought Mazikeen was redundant, the cop love story was a tired and derivative and the cop herself annoyed me (I liked it in Blood Ties, a Canadian vampire series that got cancelled after it’s first run: too soon before Twilight), but it’s so done.

1 Like

I remember that show I think

There is a whole comic book series about Neil Gaiman’s Lucifer where Sandman makes an appearance. I would personally recommend them because they portray Lucifer more as the intelligent being that wants to create a better world for humans and what not.

1 Like

Yes lol, I’ve never been a fan of the show.

Ooh, I shall have to look into that, thanks!

Oh yes same here, that one is totally something else.

1 Like

Well, you can’t really complain about something without actually watching it. I tried giving it a go, wondering if it would get better, but no it just got worse… story was horrible, acting was cliche, it’s really lackluster, how is that in any way weird?

Tom Ellis made me laugh. It’s okay if you don’t take the storyline and acting seriously. :wink:

1 Like

I get you, but all two seasons?
Not two episodes?
How many times do you have to do something you dislike before you give yourself a break? It’s not like time isn’t limited and there aren’t a lot of other things to do.

1 Like

Well that’s my choice isn’t it? I like to give shows/movies a proper chance before I shut it off.

this fictional lucifer is nothing like the actual lucifer.

1 Like