Does anyone dislike Netflix's 'Lucifer' show?

Please not let me be the only one that absolutely loathes this show. I tried to watch this show and slowly got through 2 seasons of it. It was incredibly hard to sit through this 'unfunny; ‘detective’ ‘alcoholic’ on the nose ‘womaniser.’ show I’ve ever seen. It just didn’t make sense, and I could hardly take this show seriously, it’s just beyond pure cringeworthy.

I’m also so angry that every time I google ‘Lucifers’ name I end up getting this shit show of a turd.
Does anyone else hate this show?

7 Likes

Yes that pisses me off too

But I kinda like the show

6 Likes

I prefer the Lucifer from supernatural.

The show lucifer has its moments though.

4 Likes

He’s probably the best persona on film, that actor did he a great job.

5 Likes

I like the creative concept of the show, but I hate the portrayal of Lucifer. I didn’t even get through the first season before I stopped watching it

3 Likes

To me, that actor is not handsome enough to be Lucifer.

11 Likes

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I don’t watch it

I have a Christian background though and I dislike the association of Lucifer as being satan

Lucifer means light bringer - that fits far closer for me to say Jesus than Satan as a character

The whole devil is Lucifer thing I think exists from a mistranslation assumption

Drives me a little nuts the connotation and myth of evil surrounding a light bringer and assumptions of devil worshippers for people who interact or like Lucifer

Idk though I guess light also means knowledge and I have a more gnostic understanding of my former faith nowadays and I guess the serpent gets a bad rap and assumed to be satan too when I see the serpent as representing the way to knowledge

Tbh I don’t really think the “devil” as such exists as an opposite to god and might be wrong but I’m sure I read once in Jewish faith there isn’t really such an entity

I’d probably find the show annoying just based on my current thinking’s and it’s why I haven’t chosen to despite being told it’s great by various people

5 Likes

I think he is, lol

I like the humour Lucifer brings to the show, it’s one of the few things I find authentic to the real Lucifer

6 Likes

Lucifer is actually the Lord of Hell though, a Dark Seraphim in my view

1 Like

I personally don’t see what the problem is with the hit show Lucifer, yeah it is a bummer that when you google ‘Lucifer’, Tom Ellis pops up :rofl:

However, Mazikeen in the show, is a total badass and hot AF, Linda the psychiatrist/therapist brings a seriousness to the show and it’s nice to see the brotherly dynamic of Lucifer and his brother Amenadiel(or however you spell it).

Not to mention how the show has the whole family dynamic thing that every human being but me seems to be obsessed with in their day-to-day-life (the idea of having kids) also humour and what is considered funny, changes from person to person, I am missing the ‘cringeworthy’ aspect of the show, I think perhaps if you have watched it, you haven’t given it enough time to grow on you or didn’t watch enough episodes to get to see how the shows mood, writing style and everything overall is always tweaked and changed with every new season, it’s a kickass show in my opinion and there are so many role models in the show too, it’s fantastic, but with the exception of Lucifer (Tom Ellis’s) one-liners.

It’s a shame you and other commenters feel that way about the show, I personally think it’s great.

6 Likes

I feel like that’s a concept I may discover in time, but haven’t personally yet

Interesting to find others who have kinda circled back to the traditional exoteric view of him but in an esoteric way

Deteeectiiiivvveee!!

9 Likes

Whuuuuut ahahah the provocation
Even tho I’m not a fan of the show and I’m a fellow man I find him quite handsome
But maybe you’d have prefered the actor of "365 days " what a film to look with someone else btw

1 Like

I hate it. Sex, violence, Lucifer’s a prick. It’s such a cliche.

2 Likes

@anon35721968 :smirk::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

oh and Detective douche

1 Like

Dude just why…you know my opinion :joy:

I think Tom Ellis is hot and that’s the only reason I watch it and any other show he’s in :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl:
call me

1 Like

I never cared for it. I heard it was good but it’s not my style.

2 Likes