Does anyone dislike Netflix's 'Lucifer' show?

Neither does Luce, lol

1 Like

I didn’t watch more than ten minutes of the series.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

I didn’t say he wasn’t handsome, I said he wasn’t handsome enough.
Thanks for the suggestion, have you watched The Hunger (1983)?

3 Likes

I think I did see some part when I was a child.
Don’t remember clearly tho’.
Why ? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The type of beauty I prefer.

3 Likes

Most handsome he looks !
I do find him (the guy from Hunger) more handsome
but in the end I don’t even know who I’d prefer as a Lucifer :joy:

2 Likes

Netflix series shows in general are low budget pieces of shit, repetitive scenarios and lines and the plot is like a cinematic flatline of bullshit

Anime > Netflix shows

3 Likes

I cant bear it – I think the lead actor totally ruined what might have been a good show. He is so camp its painful to watch for me anyway - its just awful imo. I watched one show when it first came out and thought it might have had promise he wasnt so bad at first, as I liked Constantine once he settled into the role. He was awful at first also to be honest.

Haha, i love tom ellis’s take on it. My favorite thing is that he’s cliche in LA and indulges in everything.
Idk since the show started on abc primetime, i have low expectations with writing and character development. I was happy it went to Netflix.
He has the whimsy and soapy feel a lot of shows have on it. The camp is something i like.
The lore of Lucifer, Samael, satanism and murder…etc can really bog a show like this down. His is a light take on it.

It could easily become mid-season Dexter… Where the character self destructs and it is mentally taxing to watch.

Anime has better shows on the subject, but i like Lucifer because of how surface level it is.

I tried to watch it once and couldn’t make myself keep watching it after the second or third episode. The plot looks like a bad fanfic written by a horny 13 yo. There’s too much cheesy drama and, as has already been mentioned, the actor doesn’t look good enough for the role of Lucifer.
But to each their own I suppose.

6 Likes

Speaking the facts right here

3 Likes

What’s with all these interesting ideas being wasted in detective shows that are soap operas but basically the same in each episode?

1 Like

i watched the first couple of episodes but i have to say im not a fan…i think supernaturals lucifer was FAR better…not only the actor that played him but the character of lucifer himself.

Its a decent police procedural with occasionally good humor and some pretty cool moments…however it should NOT be a police procedural at all and the nerfing of Lucifer compared to the comic the show is loosely based on bugs the hell out of me.

Well it’s too much nice guy… Not enough blood, not enough demonic, not enough darkness. There must be more death magic, summoning of demonic from hell, even open hell itself.
The series is as boring as it can get :flushed:

3 Likes

How did you like the comic?
I liked neil gaimon’s american gods, so im wondering if it compares.

Same, I hate it. Saw just 2-3 episodes and absolutely hated it.

Yea, I concur it’s a crappy show. Bad acting and bad plots.

Life is a joke to him, I can really appreciate that.

I enjoy the show i tend to rewatch it cuss I enjoy it so much, it has a basic storyline and hints at the occult with those with the eyes to see, its a good show to rewatch.