Do you think it's wrong to get revenge with magick?

On reddit I was harassed and given over a hundred downvotes for saying it’s OK to get revenge if someone harmed you badly. They all came to me with the “noooo you can’t harm others, karma will get you” kind of stuff. I am willing to change my opinion please post your thoughts, sorry if the question seems bad.

4 Likes

No, it is not wrong and I would expect most people on this forum will agree. This is primarily a black magick forum after all.

A perk of being self-determining is that you get to choose your own moral code and ethical line in the sand. There is no outside authority that decides it for you, and the consequences of your choice are yours alone to bear.

19 Likes

I always hate when people say that. “Oh! No!! Leave it for karma”. So if their loved one was raped / assaulted or killed. They would say “nah! Leave it to karma”. No. Simply no!! If someone has hurt you physically or emotionally, then you do have every right to do what’s in your power to return to sender. Absolutely :100:

7 Likes

In answer to your title question- no, not at all. Plenty of people bleat on about ‘ohhhh noooos you can’t do that, bad naught evil etc, get tossed into hell blah, three fold law etc’.
Personally, people like that really piss me off. I always think that if they were in my circumstances, they would be keen for some vengeance too.

Often the societal systems and processes designed to bring justice and resolution either cannot or will not help, at least not effectively. So what recourse is there?

I figure if someone deliberately harms me or those I care about in a severe way and there is no viable mundane recourse, then I feel fully justified in attempting to settle accounts through unconventional means.

5 Likes

Here in Italy there is a quote like: “I hope not to ever use it, but it’s better to keep a gun under my bed”
Magick is a tool and using your arms to harm someone, or your social position to get revenge is no difference… we only don’t act revengeful (in a mundane way) because of laws, but I know people who defended themeselves in a very harmful way with magick… you better not argue with some people, but also, magicians know that sense of justice is somehow right sometimes, but harming people for no sense is wrong in every moment

I also did a revenge spell on someone with two people, we got very sick due to our anger in that rituale, and the target went to prison and once out he became a little lamb, he’s won’t harm anyone ever again… that was the very first and last time I did something like that and despite the fact that he deserved that, we felt very bad doing that

5 Likes

It’s called self defence. Even the law doesn’t punish you if you hurt someone as self defence. It shows that you respect and honour your self.
I’m against cursing people because of jealousy and envy but totally support it when it comes to self defence.

6 Likes

I don’t see it as a problem really. Magic is about freedom. You are the center of it all. It DOES mean you have to be accountable for your actions though. You are responsible for what you do. You alone. Do whatever you want as long as you keep that in mind.
The punishment you might have to fear is the consequences of your own actions and the toll they might take on you (guilt, shame etc).
I think that if you are ok with those considerations then go for it, whatever it may be.

2 Likes

Most of the reddit witchcraft/magick subs are terrible and full of people who refuse to understand not everyone believes in karma, rule of three, etc. But I think a lot of these subs are RHP-leaning so that’s probably why.

But to answer your original question, I think it’s fine to get revenge on someone using magick. Be the karma you wish would happen to them.

5 Likes

Not every country encourage self defense. Italy sucks when it comes to self defense topics. You can go to jail because of self defense, and it happened so many times that people are scared not for the criminals themeselves but of the laws that protect the criminals… even if you just punch them while they threat you with a knife or gun, just because they didn’t use it against you
According to the laws, they have to harm you and only then you can defend yourself but what do I do after a person shot me or stabbed me?

3 Likes

I follow a rigid philosophy of live and let live.

The problem is that there are many people in this world who don’t think the same. You let them be and they target you because that’s what they do.

As far as I’m concerned, you want some, you’ll get some.

2 Likes

Well that was just an example , we don’t have guns in here but if we had probably running away is the best thing to do! But as an occultist I think using your powers as a self defence is ok!

2 Likes

No there is nothing wrong with getting revenge, some people really do deserve getting a comeuppance.

I don’t really believe in karma either — just because someone does something, regardless of intent, it doesn’t mean that they will somehow automatically get something pleasant or unpleasant in return (never mind threefold or tenfold or whatever else)

With that, I do think there’s a tendency to go overboard with the curses when something a bit more benign can be just as cathartic and easier to effect. I’ve found that sometimes the best curses are just opening up other people’s eyes to seeing what a shithead someone is. Maybe it takes effect in the form of them publicly embarrassing themselves, maybe they become lonely because no one wants to be around them anymore. That kind of thing.

4 Likes

Is it really wrong if -it- just happens to them? And well maybe it’s wrong but I do it anyways :flushed:

3 Likes

heh nope.

Reddit is full of normie idiots who don’t know real pain, constantly sucking up to the status quo like good little sheeps.

Also someone commented about “reddit witchcraft” as if it was specifically there, dude he just said reddit alone, not a specific reddit.

Reddit ALWAYS judges everyone who fit into the cowardly hive mind as the ultimate evil, they are the most evil people on the planet.

7 Likes

Don’t forget that they’re unhappy. The so-called hive mind has ‘eachother’ and does what makes them happy even if everyone else does it, while redditors sit in their blacked out room trying to feel superior to anyone else, also they’re mostly IT guys. I do kinda fit in there tho, lol

3 Likes

Yea I quit reddit for good. I will make this website my main spiritual hub. Thanks for the replies everyone, was nice reading them and am glad I did nothing wrong with attacking them back. It’s insane how I was painted to be a bad guy for simply defending myself.

4 Likes

a) I think this is highly personal: what’s wrong for ME might be right for someone else: I can only say what I would do and your choices are your own
b) I like to take a situation in context and I don’t think such a thing should be generalized.

So for example, and this is a real example I just talked myself out of this week: there’s this guy at work who is lazy, dumb, slopey shouldered, he gets others to do his work, then complains to management when they don’t do his job for them they way he wanted. He’s annoying and I would love to death curse him and remove him from my sphere completely. It’s a combination of revenge for being a basic bitch cunt, and problem solving because he’s a timewaster that makes my life more unpleasant than is necessary.

I’m not going to because I don’t kick puppies: the punishment in my mind needs to be commensurate with the crime, not just easy and available. But also because I can see the entire team is sick of him too: they defends those he attacks, shut him down in meetings and he is seen for what he is.

It ends up being a nice thing: I enjoy seeing how he’s only hurting himself while appreciating the quality of the people I work with. Not all teams are this intelligent or emotionally aware, and I can learn from watching how they deal with him.

So in this particular case, I would say I would be wrong to get revenge on this hapless schmoo with magick. I would be the bad guy, which I don’t want to be for my own emotional wellbeing, and I would lose valuable experience.

Sometimes it’s really nice to have the contrast to realise how good something else really is and appreciate it.

if the situation was different, like, I didn’t have great coworkers, and he was supported in hurting others, I would go ahead and not feel wrong in removing him and possibly ruining his life with magick. Other people would probably still say that was wrong. I could try healing or just bind him or ignore him. They are welcome to their opinion, I wouldn’t not particularly mind what that opinion was though. I would have thought about it carefully and made a decision, and that’s that.

4 Likes

Honestly for me, it depends on what happened.

If the person is getting revenge for something that’s their fault, such as, for example, abusing someone only to for the abused to free themselves and cut the abuser out of their life, then yeah, I would say it’s bad.

But if the person abused is getting back at the abuser for hurting them, then I’d say that’s fine, especially if they didn’t receive justice in court or something.

Some people have it coming lol.

1 Like

I had another thought as well. I wondered what it would take to change my mind. And I though oh that’s easy, new information. You can only make a decision on the information you have at the time. But what is new info, it’s not necessarily a change in the facts of the situation, but could be a change in you.

The info that goes into a decision, any decision, is a combination of the situation and your personal energetic reaction to it. Your approach is informed by your culture, memories, mood and environment.

And I know I harp on about it but I feel it’s also relevant here: if you do not know yourself, you might not know why you feel the way you do about a situation.

For example, if it has really upset you into overreacting because it triggers childhood trauma, that you have suppressed, then you would be acting to punish not just the dude but the person who hurt you long ago, and the emotions are more than the triggering guys fault, and you wouldn’t even know it. And here I mean “triggered” in the sense of triggering serious emotional flashbacks, not some wishy washy, weak-ass appropriation of the term to mean “irritated”.

In this case, the action you take, (revenge or not it could be something completely different), but if it’s decided from a place of incomplete information because you don’t really know yourself, then there’s the chance it’s the wrong decision, for you at least. And it being right or not becomes a matter of luck.
Regrets are made this way.

Know yourself and why you feel the way you feel and you will have better info to make solid decisions that you will not regret, and you will understand why you won’t regret them not just be emotional about it and assume you won’t because you’re so mad about it.

Revenge is a dish best served cold is a phrase that works here. Yeah… I make hotheaded decisions all the time, minor ones, and I find afterwards I have irritated myself for not having better understanding and hence control at the time. I do not want to be a person controlled by my emotions. So I work on this. No regrets is my goal.

4 Likes

Who DON’T* fit into the cowardly hive mind sorry, too late to edit my other post.