Do rappers actually sell their souls?

Damn! Here I was wondering how to be Sitri’s plaything for all eternity. I guess selling my soul won’t work :frowning:

Woah! I didn’t know demons were up for punishment in Islam.

@Delilah, The Divine Comedy is a great read! But no, I’m talking about a German legend.

1 Like

I can smell your sarcasm through your grammar lol. (Maybe you aren’t)

I was lightly joking about Sitri, yes. We have a great relationship full of fun. But no, I wouldn’t give him my soul. I was being entirely serious about everything else including the demons from Islam and my affection for Dante, a brilliant poet if nothing else!

2 Likes

Your comment about Sitri made me giggle and reminded me of a Tikoloshe. In South African mythology, the Tikoloshe is a demon with a giant penis that goes around having sex with women and men in their sleep. Why this popped into my head, I do not know.

I should find “the divine comedy” and read it again. It’s been so long since I’ve read anything. My ex kinda ruined reading for me (long story) because of his jealous/controlling attitude. But, I’ll be re-reading the “WWW” trilogy before that though. Such great books.

2 Likes

Oh god don’t give me hanime vibes lol. Just imaging it feels weird. I should have a read of it too

I’m sure some legitimately do, but I am sure there are far more rappers who work respectfully with demons than those who “sell their souls”.

99.9% of rappers, however, probably don’t do anything of the sort. If they’re rapping about selling their souls, they’re usually referring to spending all of their time and money perfecting their skills, not literally selling their souls. Either that, or they’re talking about Satan for shock value, as artists do.

1 Like

From what I’ve gathered about soul selling is that once you’ve been fucked up for a while, that ideally you’d get most of your soul fragments back over time.
What most pf them were referring to was not just figurative, but quite literally whenever youre placed under intense public ridicule or multiple figurative influences of a massive and wide scaled occult philosophy, eg the nwo itself, your soul becomes fragmented as you’re fighting for your liveliness and your individuality, meanwbile the industry attempts to control and utilize what you have offer for its own benefit. Furthermore, trauma bonding and abuse from authority figures fragments you even more.

2 Likes

And so, while you’re more than likely already fragmented, the spirits you dedicate to or those to whom your leaders and or occult lodges and secret orders dedicate to will actually fuck you up to help you get soul fragments back from society as well as the industry. Selling out really doednt prevent that from happening but it feels that way at first.

People hate on industry pleasing, but thats because theyre not on the same vibration anymore once theyve reached a certain level of occult initiation. You cant really connect eith the same music once you have either way.

Pleasing fans versus pleasing the people who pay you for your work, and even further, pleasing occulted influnces. What are you doing given the same options?

All souls are tree-fiddy.

4 Likes

You are sentenced to hang on the world tree for that joke, :joy:.

3 Likes

Tree fiddy? I’ll give you some pumpkin seeds and a spool of blue cotton

If I’m recalling correctly, somewhere in the book Abramelin it is mentioned that one may call on Lucifer and his various demons to block out the light of Adonai and his good angels. This is something that I have myself experienced, and I imagine this is perhaps where this myth of soul-selling comes from.

The idea is to “sell your soul” to Lucifer and to do magick with only Lucifer and the other demons mentioned in the book. This has various benefits, and it is not a permanent engagement.

The “sell your soul and you go to Hell after death” idea I think is a bit more “abstract,” but for occultists experiencing magick and spirits in their day-to-day life, it’s not really that abstract. If you’ve done certain angelic magick, it can bring about the genuine feeling of being more an inhabitant of Heaven than the material, almost like when you dream or astral project and leave the material and enter the astral, that is when you are returning, not when you wake up.

In terms of more overarching philosophical goals, I think this is where the loosely defined left-hand path and right-hand path ideas come into play. RHP types may say that their goal is to become liberated from the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth, and to attain unity with God-Source-Consciousness, or perhaps to let go of the layers of illusion and delusion that prevent one from knowing this Source-God-Consciousness that they already are. LHP types may say that they reject the conventional God, and that they even seek to solidify themselves in the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth, solidifying their identity, powers, and knowledge across their lives.

One could say that the LHP is the path of the damned, forsaking the holy light of God and the angels in Heaven. Good, they may say. I’ll make my own Heaven. The LHP is sometimes called the lonely path, although this is perhaps better said as a path in solitude.

I’ve got irony flowing out my eyeballs right now, but the moral of the story is that if you want to be a rap God, Lucifer and other demons can certainly help with that. I believe that I have freestyled a grand total of two times in my life, but I can pretty easily see how I would go about becoming a rap God if I so desired to do so. And not just a commercially successful artist either, but one who changes the game and will be in some musicologist’s history book and will remain obscure anyways because no one does the damn readings. Such is the life of one who attains demonic power.

I don’t see it being very likely. Perhaps a few have made a pact with a demon in exchange for making the right connections for the opportunity to go professional, but I do not see that as being the norm. The association between deals with the devil and musicians have been around for a long time, Robert Johnson being a well known example. However, it seems more like a way to belittle the artist’s hard work as opposed to being the truth of the matter.

1 Like

No, because you can’t sell something that doesn’t belong to you… “you” being your limited human ego consciousness.

A human is made of multiple components, the conscious ego can’t sell the spirit because it doesn’t own it to make that decision, ownership works the other way around, and you don’t need it soit won’t do it. It can make up and them manifest a lot as it’s got a very creative imagination, but the memory is wiped after death, so there’s not a lot of point trying to make out of lifetime agreements as a human.

What you can do is violate your own principles and conscience to perform activities you would normally not to please other humans to get them to make you famous, give you the contracts and put you out there.
This can damage your spirit in lasting ways that would affect out of human existences, and I think this is what people romantically refer to as “selling your soul to the devil”, but the devils involved are all human.

The rest is mostly bullshit, or blinded explanations of something else, like spirit level relationships with discarnates. However, the contact cannot be binding, because as a human you cannot have informed consent owing to the forgetting/reincarnation mind wipe issue. You don’t know who you are, so like a drunk or a child, or a prisoner who is not allowed to have information, you can’t make informed decisions. The rule of free will kicks in and you are not bound.

Wait till you read up on the Chinese hells. There’s a special one for people with BO and my favourite, the Department of Administrative Errors, kid you not :joy:

1 Like

Hey!

I come from a Greek village. I grew up in a very closed christian society so close minded, that by the time I left (18 years old) I was still carrying christian misconceptions with me.

And the most common one “don’t do that, it’s Satan’s job, don’t sin, you’ll go to hell, Satan wants to fool you and BLAH BLAH BLAH.”

So, what I’m saying is please… free your mind. I’ve opened up to a whole new world ahead. Please do the same. :heart:

I wouldn’t know shit about that. I think a deal with the devil would make one’s career very difficult rather than to belittle the musician, because of the things the devil does to make you do the things required to achieve his goals for the magician.

I would say that from a novice point of view, reading several different perspectives, one man’s devil is another man’s god. My devil and my God take turns fucking my asshole to make me honor the pact I’ve made to sell my soul to it, whatever it is. It’s the spiritual powers and authorities that be whuch people still seem to believe would just hand someone the entire universe without their having had to lift a finger to earn their success.

there are sects of islam that practice sorcery and dark magic bro

Ayo any details?