Detecting LARPers

Not everyone will get angry, we had examples of fakers here who were in general acting like “I know better, you can think whatever you want, you’re simply jealous of my experiences/power/knowledge/importance.” And were pretty much dealing with parasites and pretenders since day 1 but never listened to anyone.
Always use common sense if nothing else. Aka what was said here:

7 Likes

“what do you mean I can’t be the chosen one? Lucifer is my brother!! I’m a fallen angel” I dealt with a guy like that on an occult discord server and he got banned for being a LARPer. I’d post screenshots on the thread(name censored of course) to show the idiocy of this person as to know what to avoid

5 Likes

For instance of LARPing on said Discord Server

10 Likes

Let’s not forget the good old:

1. My family has a lot of witches in it so being powerful is in my blood (Witchcraft, while capable of being historically consistent, is not a bloodline based hereditary thing…anyone can be one if they practice it)

2. I’m clearly part [insert Mythical creature here] because I get mad enough to punch a wall really hard!

3. I have bought [large amount of blank] so clearly I’m the most powerful here! (If you don’t exercise your own skills you’re bound to be dependent, and by extension, weak)

4. I’m watched over by [insert god/goddess] so I don’t need to practice (false. Just no.)

5. I tortured my boyfriend spiritually because he broke up with me. (If you’re emotionally unstable enough to react this way, you’re not mentally stable enough to successfully cast magick and likely shouldn’t be Bragging about it.)

I know these aren’t larpers, but these types of people definitely spread some serious misinformation and are usually found making the same types of posts as Larpers after awhile so…yeah. my two cents has been shared.

Oh, so they did survive the act? :stuck_out_tongue:
(I saw an opportunity to sass and took it!)

7 Likes

Damn, hoped nobody would figure that out…
Yeah, I were gentle with them. I simply didn’t have the heart to be so cruel for my own desires… sigh

See, that “Be a cruel all-powerful incubus” powerspell didn’t work out that well. I should recast…

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I appreciate the post. It escaped me that some people are a bit less than sincere on the internet. I probably would’ve gotten burned out pretty quickly in my own journey trying to figure out how others are having overt interactions within a few days of trying magick.

5 Likes

Nah just gotta belieeeeeeeve

FortunateConventionalDunlin-max-1mb

[I’m kidding please don’t believe irrational things newbies, thank you]

3 Likes

When I first ever began my path (as a young tween) I met a LOT of larpers and actually fell for a lot of the BS they said. Half because I needed it at the time to cope with my own trauma, and half because I desperately wanted to believe that there WAS magick in the world and that it DID work. As I got older, read a lot of books, spoke with people young and old, and connected with a few spiritual figures (guides, a god or two, etc.) things slowly ironed out and made a lot more sense.

However that early deception inhibited what would have been very advantageous progress had I learned the right stuff at such a young and impressionable age with not as much adult doubt clouding things. Larpers can do a lot of damage to someone in a lot of different small ways, but worst of all, in the end they’re either lying to themselves (likely to a point of believing it) or lying to others intentionally because they think it’s funny.

So don’t feel bad about being susceptible when you’re new. It’s just part of the journey. Learning to keep your head on straight is worth the headache of dealing with the BS.

12 Likes

The first ever thread I have read was here, that someone who was dealing with a thoughtform, and had a special snowflake syndrome.

Oh yes, Axa Oddra, if I remember correctly.So supposedly this guy was preparing to defeat Yahweh and Yahweh was a multiversal parasite or something. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Trying to fight off larpers ever since.

3 Likes

That sounds familiar actually…

It’s almost as good as the “vampire” I met irl claiming that a tiny scar on his hand was actually a parasite that gave him vampirism, and that it burns whenever it (his hand) is in direct sunlight. He claimed that if someone knew about it, he’d be hunted, and the best part was it got worse from there. He convinced a schizophrenic women that she was an Incarnate of Lilith (why does the name Lilith or Yahweh always get involved in Larper stories?), and that he along with other vampires were “Knights of Lilith” and that there were various ranks and…

You feeling your brain hurt yet?
I am.

10 Likes

Let me say this, it CAN happen, once in a while, that someone has some great experience within days.

For myself, it was this way. However, I worked every day on it a lot, and had a huge intent, even before casting. Still, there was not the “BOOM @ 100% effect”, but rather progressive improvements at first every day and then every hour, but it reached within a week, something, that is truely rare. Maybe it was because succubae seem to have been around me much longer and/or because I were so open at that time to the possibilities and with zero reservations (something I no longer am).

However, that didn’t come without it’s price! It quickly turned very bad for me, becoming from a great into a horror experience and all took the reverse road, creating blockages and other difficulties. My senses haven’t been that open since then ever again, for all these years afterwards and I’ve been struggling to undo that all, while doing only slow progresses like most others.

So, we can’t exclude probably always such a possibility, as rare it may be. Paying attention to some small details which may separate such cases, is important.

4 Likes

@Hysteria Please go on lmao :rofl: Its entertaining.

1 Like

The sad thing is I’ve met these people irl. They looked me dead in the eye and told me these things. I’m so…perplexed and yet amused by their existence.

There was another guy who claimed to have made a pact with a Demon to get him back into heaven. A girl who claimed to be Marchosias incarnated. Etc.

I attract crazies, is what I’m saying.

6 Likes

Because Yahweh = Christian God so edgy former Christians use his name to condemn their former god
Lilith = “the original bride for Adam but fell because she wanted to be a top instead of a bottom”.

Now in many ways from an earlier point, yeah Yahweh can be a parasite. In fact if you believe in the gnostic system of Christianity, Yahweh’s true name is Yaldabaoth and he keeps man on earth in simple terms as pets, like a poodle and tells them “oh you cannot do this you cannot do that nononono” as if he has to train humans to be obedient little dogs

5 Likes

There’s one thing more sad than that, that just comes to my mind.

When this is used by some, to sell spells and bindings. Promising the buyer literally superpowers, to possess the power ie. of a succubus or incubus, capable of doing unbelievable things, like being irresistible to any woman or man, up to a ridiculous amount of superhero-like abilities and anything that comes to mind, with the only exception that you can’t open your wings and fly away lol

And there are people, who so desire that, and are so naive, that truely believe that and pay for those.

Ever seen such?

3 Likes

Here’s some help with understanding the spirit spouse for those who really need it.

6 Likes

Oh @anon10524665 glad you showed up. You have a spirit spouse so you’re a genuine source too right?

3 Likes

Sorry @ngcreativity, I’m not gonna engage in this kind of game you’re trying to start here.

18 Likes

Hell I’ll say it again I fucking love this thread its perfect.

HELL… as I stated I BUST MY ASS

I always get work harder or longer OR nothing at all.
I get the shit scared out me.

It’s truly not all fucking roses. I don’t care if anyone gets pissed at me, this is true for a lot.

9 Likes

I remember the start of my path. I was scared shitless of demons because of my leaving the faith of Christianity(I still defend the faith from people who always say "fuck Christians, they’re the true evil of the world).
I’m still scared shitless of demons but less so. Especially now that I work with them

4 Likes