Detecting LARPers

Ok seems like I’ve missed some stuff here.
I already stated this in another thread:
Yes, everyone’s experiences are different and in the end, nobody can prove anything to someone else.
But there are clear signs of things that don’t seem right, and clear signs of stuff that will get people into trouble. Experienced magicians will notice this and should always be allowed to voice their concern.

Also, if you know that the experiences you write about are true, you will have no reason to get defensive, upset and attack people who voice concern.
If someone accuses me of being a faker, guess what, I don’t care, because I don’t need to prove anything to anyone. If people get really mad it’s usually a sign that something’s not right.

24 Likes

@anon10524665 That’s so correct… however, there are always this 1% or 5% that only some people will ever experience or for some unknown reason may be ever confronted with, which then even very advanced ones may never. These are then sometimes those things, which could make seem that person to another as being not valid.

However, these ones will probably have learned, that some things are better kept private or not talked about in public or only with very specific people or groups. But, sometimes they haven’t learned this yet.

4 Likes

Yeah but there is a difference between stuff only very vew people experience, and what OP was talking about.
There exists a pattern that screams thoughtform or parasite. The other people here already explained it very well.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t because theoretically they are actively creating thoughtforms under a different guise. I don’t normally consider thoughtforms to be any form of energy work but more like mental work. I suppose could not be seen as larping.

This. They give themselves away so easily.

5 Likes

If I’m accused of being a faker I’d just show them by research means and SPG. I can understand why pure UPG is seen less effective, but I do overall agree caring will just make it annoying.

3 Likes

Thanks to my mother I never stopped seeing magick, and I never learned that “it doesn’t exist”.

So I just think it’s very sad that people start inventing stuff and other newbies, who try to relearn what magick is about think that’s how it’s supposed to be, when it’s not.
They then either attract parasites or create thoughtforms and start writing more stories (and really believe in them) and make more newbies fall into that trap.
Or they doubt their own skills and experiences, because they’re not so colorful and fancy, and they haven’t had sex with a spirit yet. And then they quit. And that’s the most sad thing.

11 Likes

No one in my life made an effort to tell me it exist or doesn’t, I just went into experiencing the basics without knowing it was the basics lol.

2 Likes

I did the whole going through the motions to impress other people as a Catholic. Why oh why would I do it here? What would I gain, being an attention whore for being someone special? I see my magical practice and this forum as a chance to truly be myself and not try to be something else.

4 Likes

I’ve been accused of being a faker once, although not here. Ironically, it was at a pagan festival, and she added some not so pleasant adjectives to the accusations (mainly sexist by nature). I just shrugged and stepped back as she performed an evocation of jesus through the Lover archetype using tuning forks. At least the beer was free.

14 Likes

You would gain a thin and fragile layer of self-confidence that will break at the very first challenge.

1 Like

@anon88521623 Don’t worry, demonic orgies and spirit sex is overrated :wink:
Half of the time it’s not as good as it sounds, and the other half it’s even less than that hehe

3 Likes

Same! In fact I got pretty down about it recently, convincing myself I wasn’t making enough progress or I wasn’t “good enough” as a person. Seeing those people that have haven’t been here long, but have a reeeally close bond with so and so. It’s hard to explain and I feel stupid, because are those people having a close bond with that entity?

9 Likes

Mine either. Sometimes I get clear messages, sometimes it’s confusing as hell and sometimes I fail to make any sense out of it.

Also, other people already said this, but being in a relationship with a spirit is not always pleasurable.
It’s not easy, and I don’t know if I would advice anybody to do this. That’s why I’m extra suspicious about people advicing everyone to do this too and enjoy that wonderful life together, full of wonders and fairydust.

8 Likes

This.

Its seldomly mentioned but you can’t just walk away if you decide that you don’t “want” anymore. You receive knowledge over things that you can’t unsee or make undone. It stays with you forever and even if you’ll turn your back on the relationship part: you can’t undo it or play pretend that it never happened.
Its some kind of duty and you don’t decide it just like that. Its work and its more than long term.

14 Likes

@anon88521623
@Becca

When I’ve described my experiences at times, I’ve seen the following happening:

When I describe sometimes my events, people assume this and that and create a fantasy around it. Then, when they come back with responses, I had to tell them, there was a lot left out, or shortened or for simplicity just focused on the important part and there’s a lot not described or seen by them.

What you described, is the case with these experiences (speaking about mine) often… they are not necessarily linear, they don’t happen instantly (sometimes it takes time, meditation or something else, before manifestation starts happening or it’s only the event after the x-th try).

Dreams are not movies, they can be short, they can be blurry, or something else, there can be a lot left out of how it was perceived and so on, but the reader may create a movie-like fantasy around it.

And often, there are also negative things which may have occured. As also, other things added by some senses, feelings or other impressions which may accompanied the experience, and someone not going into all these details or clarifications, but instead only describing the “overall” impression of them all. Or lots of these left out. At least for mine that’s the case.

I’ve to assure you, even if the descriptions of it may create a different impression sometimes, they are often much less shiny in reality than they may come across. There are so many things usually left out (ie. saying I felt xy, may have been a rather faint sensation of feeling), as otherwise it would take so much more time to describe it, which would be rather done only when writing literature.

Can’t speak for the newbies, but regarding those who are at least some years in these things, even if not much advanced at all in magick (like I consider myself included), you have to remember, that these things don’t happen on a daily basis for them/us/me, but can be events only once in a while, weeks or months in between and the first one maybe only after many years.

The key is to not expect too much and not have yourself depressed when reading such things, but rather move it for yourself into the right light where it belongs. And remember, the tiny details I explained, like that it isn’t happening all the time or as shiny as it may sound. (some larpers excluded, of course, they would claim otherwise hehe)

8 Likes

What do you people know, I was fucking Azazel and Crowley last night, and they told me that I am the 7th Son of a 7th son from the Unholy Legion of Demonic Demon Temple of Firey Death.

My bloodline is all powerful and I can throw legit fireballs (not allowed to video or photo because of my demonic pact with Lucifer).

Oh, btw, how do I summon Paimon, I heard he is really cool.

(Heavy sarcasm implied and intended)

The main point I am making is that yet another trademark or the LARP kids is that they claim supreme power, but can’t figure out how to draw a circle, much less call upon a spirit.

16 Likes

Not wanting to “overrrule” the thread with my stuff… but I’ll add just that little bit more, hoping it will help some…

This is also something, I had at times to remind some who became jealous (and them the reason I mostly stopped sharing at some point).

Dealing with spirits and magick ISN’T all shiny and all great sex. There is a great share of negative experiences I had too throughout the years, which are often NOT shared, or much less often than the good ones. And I’m certain, for many others may be the same.

I had attacks, I had to deal with entities wanting to hurt me, I had even a possession happening which I rarely ever like to think about and talk and will avoid to do so. There is not much to be jealous about my experiences, because, as I’m telling those who are jealous, they would have to take the bad ones too, all this stuff they usually won’t see! Similarly, others will deal at times with at least something like anger or depression or something else, who deal in spirits.

Anyway, ENOUGH from my side… I tend to speak too much sometimes :zipper_mouth_face:

7 Likes

From your ass? Ah, that was William Wallace. Or was it lightning…

6 Likes

goofball hat on

I shit fire and throw it!

goofball hat off

3 Likes