Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield (Tips from an Adept)

Of course you can , it’s your ritual !

1 Like

You absolutely can inside a connective or full evocation. I’ve never felt the need to do that in the petitions as the protection there comes from the Shem angels

If you feel that’s necessary and it helps reconcile concerns then I’d say experiment with it. The lens of belief is powerful and they’ll play the part you expect them to so looking for an attack can make way for an attack

I try to keep my petitions as short as possible and let the Angels do their thing. They restrain and give insight to them so you get s result that feels like what you send them emotionally in the ritual. They make sure of that

It’s your rite though so see what you can make with adding that clause you’ve mentioned. Was the lady in question using DOM?

2 Likes

Sincere desire to make contact is the most important part. Everything else is to shape certain factors and give you enough internal authority to command these types of beings sufficiently

I’ve continued to burn bits of paper through after that didn’t burn all the way and it’s still worked. To me I see the act as sending it off to the spirit world for them and taking mine and the demons will and sealing it into existence with an act of alchemy.

The initial rite is mostly for protection by empowerment and the Shem angels add more data they can run off of as demons don’t feel our emotions yet they get the same data from angels somehow when they’re included

I treat every rite as successful. You’ll get confident in it with a few more runs.

The biggest blind I saw was the mental process shift to past tense. They work on hearts and minds first yet the base instructions are in present tense

2 Likes

This book is worth its weight in gold. I have written posts on here about using it.

4 Likes

This is one of my absolute favorite GOM books. I usually only do Ritual 1, though I have done Ritual 2 on a few occasions. Results have taken anywhere from 12-72 hours. There’s only one that I didn’t know whether or not it happened, but I made the offering anyway. And one that didn’t turn out quite like I wanted, to turn romantic feelings into platonic, but they turned into FWB only feelings, which is good enough for me.

3 Likes

I tried several times Ritual 1, also Ritual 2 for the same problem with slightly modified petition/trying to talk directly with the demons. Maybe because of the lack of astral senses or some mistakes I make, I do not have any visible movement on my problem. I believe in the power of the methods, still trying to find where I make mistakes and what I have to do to succeed.

@Norski
I did notice as a blind, that certain angels have the same power as certain demons, yet the angel is not the ruling angel over that particular demon, but another one.
I noticed it last night looking up the powers of ruling angels over the demons I selected to do petitions with (nine of them I planned to do yesterday, but did not have the time to do so, even though I tried to make time.
Anyway, an example is Baal, Vehuel is his ruling angel, yet they do not have the same powers, but another one, I forget the name, but look up invisibility or secrets in either 72 Angels of Magic or Demons of Magic, and they will be found.
Another blind is per a lodge shemhamphoresh document, an angel of the 72 rules over certain days, this by extension would mean for that demon that demon also has certain rulership days as well as day or night.

1 Like

I would hear more of this. I don’t think Gordon put false info in the book as to which angel corresponds to whom but I did find it a touch strange that Poiel is over Gremori and not someone like Belial

I’ve thought about it. I have plans for getting the most out of my favorite texts and might be up for crafting a perception servitor with anyone else interested in deeper study

3 Likes

Im in on helping out. The biggest thing is the inability to copy/paste or print from the kindle ebook, but I can go through all of them and try to map the similarities and go from there with reasons as to why.
I don’t think it is the authors intent to mislead or anything like that, just some things may not have jumped out at them when they were throwing themselves into the writings.
I can be the same way when programming, forget a semicolon somewhere and someone else points it out to me.

1 Like

That would be super cool Fuego. I like the comparison to programming as well. I would be interested in helping out with the servitor work.

I have been wondering for a little while if the evocations in the book can be used on Satanchia for example. Is there a way to tweak it to make it safe? What angels would you call on?

1 Like

My idea of the angel(s) involved would be Metatron, Sandalphon, Michael, and Gabriel. Metatron and Sandalphon, the Greater Countenance and the Lesser Countenance, Michael, (Captain of the Hosts?), and Gabriel whom is found among all the near east religions.
This is a wild guess, and only these ones as they are contained in the scriptures, Daniel may be an angel to call with them. Uriel and Raphael possibly. So, there are seven angels that could help that I know of.
But Ive never fully evoked or partially evoked an angel and rarely notice results of any petition that I may have made. They really have to work quickly or work hard for my attention afterward.
Satanachia.
Well. Like many big bad, possibly evil entities, its dangerous to leap before looking, taking me as an example.
I would work up the chain of command beneath him to get his attention only if it would be safe to do so … an issue I see within this area, is the idea that everyone will be friendly and loving to me, as I believe in the original writings of God (Jehovah). Well. There is an issue called transgression there.
So, I would tread lightly and work up the chain of command rather than trying to talk down to him or assume the two are equal.
My guess and opinion, I really don’t know to be completely honest. But these were my thoughts as to a guess or opinion.

2 Likes

But you didn’t give your example. So I can’t take it xD

Working up the chain seems smart. I wonder if they would give honest answers about how to work with the higher ups safely.

3 Likes

Can u make a pact with one of the demons through using DOM connective evocation I’m unsure but I would assume it wouldn’t matter which way a spirit is summoned as long you have communication a pact could be made right?

Still on Demons of Magic, stumbling my way through. Have done on 10/28 Ritual One with Duke Bune.
Have created petition in cipher for President Foras, planning to do this tonight/tomorrow morning.
Duke Astaroth came to me by tarot card and by evocation keys, so planning to write a petition for Duke Astaroth to handle.

1 Like

Not to over kill but is it possible to make a pact with one of the demons?

Absolutely possible, I would advise getting to experience the full scope of full Evocation though as it covers most of it without losing the power split. I’ve made short term pacts during connective evos though and had them offered like “perform high magick once every day for 30 days” or “call on me for the next 7 days” etc.

It’s just a method that gets amazing results when used well. The angels just make it more “official” and in line with what you want

2 Likes

Oh okay cool ye i had some really profound results with belial through connective evocation and what do you mean preform high magick or call on you? Sorry I just didnt comprehend that correctly

One thing I noticed recently, is while trying to thoroughly experience the evocation keys of a given spirit, and spoken or thought title and name, they seem to appear quickly. One was Astaroth and the most recent Orobas. (I think anyway, since I’m a spiritual Helen Keller atm)

Another thing I noticed as a single point of failure, and had I read carefully would have avoided the SPoF:
The altar faces North as do you, it is up against your North wall, free of any clutter or ornamentation.
Not the same thing as kneeling before your bed facing north and generally disorganized.

3 Likes

I tried both Ritual 1 and Ritual 2 with similar askings for the same problem, but no visible manifestation for months. I am using other books and methods (LHD, Angels of the omnipotence, and Corwin Hargrove books) for solving this problem, but without any success. Maybe astral senses development will help, I feel I am missing something, a secret ingredient-altered state of mind, energy manipulation, emotional transmutation or etc.

It goes a long way. All about kingsmanship

"When reposturing yourself for action always remember

1. Dignify yourself
  2. Dignify your environment
  3. Stand and carry yourself as a King"
  • King Paimon

Goes a long way but attitude is a posture/asana and so is thought and action. It goes a long way being kingly to act and command as one

Also, everyone should emphasize the section on Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh to the point of sleepwalk mastery. It’s one of the most important sections in the book and it’s the part people wonder if they can skip over. It’s crazy potent and drives most of the actual ritual

6 Likes