Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield (Tips from an Adept)

Not trying to high jack the thread, I’ll PM you.

Since I read this topic, I’ve read DoM again. I have reread the book daily, deeply. This made me use the highlighter a lot to highlight details that went unnoticed in the first reading and it has also yielded me several pages of notebook full of important notes.

I would to restart practice, but there are some really difficult points for me and they make me wonder if it’s worth it.

I confess that, for me, this is the most difficult point of DoM. The more I read What You Can Expect to Happen, the more unclear this issue becomes for me, in practical terms.

For example, if I need to influence a person’s mind over a period of ninety days, to have a decision in my favor. Including a deadline for the result in the petition would create a submodifier that would hinder the spirit’s action (or even cancel it). On the other hand, without the deadline the spirit is totally free to act, but the result can come years later, when it is no longer needed, and yet the spirit has fulfilled its mission (despite the useless result).

6 Likes

I would side step and include that deadline in the wording so that there’s no way it can’t happen. That or a full evocation where you can explain the situation to them and get answers back

More on the first part: If for instance you have 90 day window to close a deal I would say that they simply “closed the deal to your satisfaction” or something along those lines

9 Likes

I love this thread

Massively hilarious to some of the learnings ive had on my own “ex back workings” :joy::joy::joy:

Glad I have the book saved on my kindle as I didn’t get very far with it to begin with- I did however have to learn a lot of the wisdom shared here with the things I did connect with to this point!

Looking forward to using it again soon!

3 Likes

Grateful for this post and will use this with DoM.

1 Like

@norski, I must admit it confused me, with the core ritual, the binding mentioned before the core ritual but is to be used in the core ritual, a few things like that. I love the book, I just didn’t read it well enough, rushed myself while being nervous, (don’t know why about bune) and on top of it all the paper didn’t burn all the way through.
So perhaps not a successful ritual, but successful staying engaged in magic. Im taking a break tonight due to work and a heavy story experience laid on me tonight.
I really want to use this book like you explained in your post, to treat it as a grimoire.
But I wanted to ask … what blinds did you find?

Wow…happy for you.

Just have a question.

When working with demons,is it okay to include instructions like: “don’t hurt my loved ones or me as you fufil my desire”?

I ask because I know of a lady who lost her husband and got life insurance when she petitioned a demon for money

3 Likes

I include such a disclaimer in any of my petitions.

In your experience how we can compare DOM results with the ceremonial Solomonic evocation?

Of course you can , it’s your ritual !

1 Like

You absolutely can inside a connective or full evocation. I’ve never felt the need to do that in the petitions as the protection there comes from the Shem angels

If you feel that’s necessary and it helps reconcile concerns then I’d say experiment with it. The lens of belief is powerful and they’ll play the part you expect them to so looking for an attack can make way for an attack

I try to keep my petitions as short as possible and let the Angels do their thing. They restrain and give insight to them so you get s result that feels like what you send them emotionally in the ritual. They make sure of that

It’s your rite though so see what you can make with adding that clause you’ve mentioned. Was the lady in question using DOM?

2 Likes

Sincere desire to make contact is the most important part. Everything else is to shape certain factors and give you enough internal authority to command these types of beings sufficiently

I’ve continued to burn bits of paper through after that didn’t burn all the way and it’s still worked. To me I see the act as sending it off to the spirit world for them and taking mine and the demons will and sealing it into existence with an act of alchemy.

The initial rite is mostly for protection by empowerment and the Shem angels add more data they can run off of as demons don’t feel our emotions yet they get the same data from angels somehow when they’re included

I treat every rite as successful. You’ll get confident in it with a few more runs.

The biggest blind I saw was the mental process shift to past tense. They work on hearts and minds first yet the base instructions are in present tense

2 Likes

This book is worth its weight in gold. I have written posts on here about using it.

4 Likes

This is one of my absolute favorite GOM books. I usually only do Ritual 1, though I have done Ritual 2 on a few occasions. Results have taken anywhere from 12-72 hours. There’s only one that I didn’t know whether or not it happened, but I made the offering anyway. And one that didn’t turn out quite like I wanted, to turn romantic feelings into platonic, but they turned into FWB only feelings, which is good enough for me.

4 Likes

I tried several times Ritual 1, also Ritual 2 for the same problem with slightly modified petition/trying to talk directly with the demons. Maybe because of the lack of astral senses or some mistakes I make, I do not have any visible movement on my problem. I believe in the power of the methods, still trying to find where I make mistakes and what I have to do to succeed.

@Norski
I did notice as a blind, that certain angels have the same power as certain demons, yet the angel is not the ruling angel over that particular demon, but another one.
I noticed it last night looking up the powers of ruling angels over the demons I selected to do petitions with (nine of them I planned to do yesterday, but did not have the time to do so, even though I tried to make time.
Anyway, an example is Baal, Vehuel is his ruling angel, yet they do not have the same powers, but another one, I forget the name, but look up invisibility or secrets in either 72 Angels of Magic or Demons of Magic, and they will be found.
Another blind is per a lodge shemhamphoresh document, an angel of the 72 rules over certain days, this by extension would mean for that demon that demon also has certain rulership days as well as day or night.

1 Like

I would hear more of this. I don’t think Gordon put false info in the book as to which angel corresponds to whom but I did find it a touch strange that Poiel is over Gremori and not someone like Belial

I’ve thought about it. I have plans for getting the most out of my favorite texts and might be up for crafting a perception servitor with anyone else interested in deeper study

3 Likes

Im in on helping out. The biggest thing is the inability to copy/paste or print from the kindle ebook, but I can go through all of them and try to map the similarities and go from there with reasons as to why.
I don’t think it is the authors intent to mislead or anything like that, just some things may not have jumped out at them when they were throwing themselves into the writings.
I can be the same way when programming, forget a semicolon somewhere and someone else points it out to me.

1 Like

That would be super cool Fuego. I like the comparison to programming as well. I would be interested in helping out with the servitor work.

I have been wondering for a little while if the evocations in the book can be used on Satanchia for example. Is there a way to tweak it to make it safe? What angels would you call on?

1 Like

My idea of the angel(s) involved would be Metatron, Sandalphon, Michael, and Gabriel. Metatron and Sandalphon, the Greater Countenance and the Lesser Countenance, Michael, (Captain of the Hosts?), and Gabriel whom is found among all the near east religions.
This is a wild guess, and only these ones as they are contained in the scriptures, Daniel may be an angel to call with them. Uriel and Raphael possibly. So, there are seven angels that could help that I know of.
But Ive never fully evoked or partially evoked an angel and rarely notice results of any petition that I may have made. They really have to work quickly or work hard for my attention afterward.
Satanachia.
Well. Like many big bad, possibly evil entities, its dangerous to leap before looking, taking me as an example.
I would work up the chain of command beneath him to get his attention only if it would be safe to do so … an issue I see within this area, is the idea that everyone will be friendly and loving to me, as I believe in the original writings of God (Jehovah). Well. There is an issue called transgression there.
So, I would tread lightly and work up the chain of command rather than trying to talk down to him or assume the two are equal.
My guess and opinion, I really don’t know to be completely honest. But these were my thoughts as to a guess or opinion.

2 Likes