Defence against baneful magick and vampirism

I sincerely dont reccomend making your energy “toxic”. Since, you have to harbor toxic shit in order to make your energy toxic like that, and using that technique develops a dependence on those energies.

I’m talking more about like, oh idk… how a cactus has thorns. It’s not a “weapon”, since it cant even move, nor does it need to injure anything on purpose even if it could do so. It’s a passive approach. It doesnt provide a “shield” like bark does for trees, but it does act as a deterrent.

Animals dont eat tree trunks (usually) since they know it’s pointless and provides less energy than it takes to chew through it. Animals dont eat thorny plants because it’s pokey.

Or another metaphor-
Cockroaches are just fucking persistent on being alive no matter how much you rip them apart. They have no “defense” or “offense” really but they’re just goddamn immune to death.

Stinkbugs taste bad so animals will leave them alone.

Houseflies are very good at evasion. No offense no armor but they can maneuver themselves quite well in order to avoid being killed, and can see in all directions.

Millipedes have good armor against other insects, but it’s too weak against larger animals. However, having bright and scary colors often makes others leave them alone.

Stickbugs have zero armor, but they’re basically invisible and blend in with their environment.

The list goes on. The thread is about defensive skills. People need to understand that not all defensive capabilities come from shielding. If you look at the animals and insects, you’ll find that the application of “shields” or “armor” are not at ALL the only or even most common method of defenses. Draw inspiration from animals, and work your way into more complex and technical skills, butt first and foremost understand that shielding is NOT everything there is on the subject.

4 Likes

That’s wrong. Making your energy toxic is purely programming based on what you view as toxic and applying the programming to your energy. It has nothing to do with actually having or harboring toxicity. As someone who actually can make their energy however they want by programming alone being and programming aren’t required to be the same.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough. You’re right, that’s programming based. I would’ve added that disclaimer though. I really dont like the thought of people harboring toxicity in themselves thinking that it’s good as a weapon.

Though wile technically true, I still view it as being similar to how releasing a bunch of toxic waste into enemy territory is a war crime. It feels gross and like a bit of a cheap shot. But hey, that’s my bias there.

1 Like

It’s definitely good to have decent shields and wards, “an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure”.

If they get through, around or under your shields, then your response depends on the attack method.

• For curses, as noted, use uncrossings, or hexbreaking techniques.

• For vampirism,
    First check it not just astral wildlife attached to a leak or tear in your energy, leeches are easy to pick off (tip: place them on the wiring in your house to put them to work eating up the dirty electricity and help you out)
    Next look for tendril or cords attached to you, cut them or rip them out and cauterize the ends. Optionally suck your energy back through before burning them (I suck back double, the vamp already did the work of cleaning it so it’s not awful energy).

• For an energetic hit, might depend on your wiring, I’m a very yin person so I eat it. You could deflect it back at them, or into the Earth

• For astral weapons you find stuck in you, pull them out and keep them for your own use, then heal the wound before it attracts leeches.

• For constructs and thoughtforms, banish them, or, corrupt them (my favourite). You can turn them into harmless plushies, or reprogram/add your own energy them for your own use: they become a new being

• For sovereign entities, summon them in circle or journeying, and have a conversation manno a manno. They’re usually reasonable and you can have a good laugh ime. If not, get indignant and banish.

• For psychological/subconscious attacks on your emotional/mental body (which may use any of the above), first isolate them mentally… bring yourself into a grounded and centered state, and observe your thoughts. Notice those thoughts that are against your will or character, or seem unlike you. These could be telepathic, or from constructs, via entities, or via cords. This is especially useful if you’re Empathic as this can happen without it even being a deliberate attack. Being aware of who you are and who you are not, and who you want to be, is very important. From there, identify the method and decide your counter.

Great thread! I have added this to the Unofficial Tutorials Directory.

10 Likes

A disclaimer is only required if it’s meant to simply be toxic, but toxicity focused on defense from unwanted attacks is what makes energy work useful, energy does not do more than what it is programmed to do.

That in and of itself is the basics of energy manipulation. If your energy does more than what it was programmed to do than a revisit of the basics helps the individual to get a better hold of their energy.

1 Like

I’ve been metaphorically turning my enemies into smurfs for years. Pretending people that are trying to intimidate you are smurfs makes it hard to not crack a smile.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that beats visualising them naked, hands down lol!

2 Likes

It really does especially when you give them the smurf voice and all, I call it smurfing.

2 Likes

What about amulets? I have a pentacle jewelry with an amethyst stone.

What about visualising them as naked smurfs? :thinking:

4 Likes

That could definitely add to the effect though not needed :joy:

2 Likes

BTW when I talk about curses I specifically refer to killing curses. I suppose it takes more skill to break these than other normal curses?

Not really. A curse is a curse. It’s just energy. If you can turn away or break a non-killing curse, you can turn away or break a killing one. There’s little difference.

3 Likes

Do you know how to make an energetic cloak? I think it will be the best defense.

Energetic cloak is just a form of shielding, just a change in programming to act as a cloak to hide you.

3 Likes

I understand it’s my aura or energy that is cloaked so the attacking caster can’t establish a link need to curse or hex me.

Do you know basic energy manipulation? That’s all you need. It’s not overly complicated.

2 Likes

I don’t think it so simple. I have often made an energy ball making it greater using my palms and then put it on my self as a shield in my demonic elemental balanced ritual circle.

The aura can cloak in a sense but not in the same way as what you’re thinking. When you want people to notice you, your aura reacts to that, when you want to seem invisible to people your aura reacts to that. It’s more of an alter your environment around you and how a person perceives you or lack of perception of you.

Your energy however, yes can act as a shield or cloak in by means of hiding from attacks. As for establishing a cloak that blocks unwanted linking, that’s the programming, but never presume to think it’ll be perfect so you should always be capable of scanning to make sure it’s still working.

2 Likes

That’s what I seek specifically. To block links to me. Maybe I could make a cloak around my profile pictures used in those forums I’m in.