Dall-E 3. Anyone tried to control it?

Specifically, I’m thinking of magically influencing it to lower its guard in reference to it’s filter.
So, short circuit it that protocol for specific people’s benefit.

This is confusing, can you explain more what you are talking about?

It’s a newer OpenAI. Magick/psi can sometimes influence RNGs (random number generators) and things like coin flips and dice, so by extension there’s a school of thought that we can interact magically with bots.

5 Likes

Oh, interesting!

Sometimes there are lucky numbers that can be seen with “random” number generators.

The most common application that’s vaguely plausible to me is “spirit boxes” where a ghost is supposed to stop a randomly oscillating radio station selection to eke out words. Also make LED toy balls for pets flash. Here the requirement is for the human to influence the machine though.

3 Likes

I call them the tech gremlins who manipulate machines, some of them may work for humans as mercenaries.

They aren’t difficult to banish though they don’t have a lot of power.

2 Likes

Try invoking Dall-E 3 as an egregore. I would also call on XaTuring for assistance.

1 Like

I wonder if random number generators are actually truly random.

I would imagine the coin flip and dice is just telekinesis unless it’s actually possible to manipulate chance, luck, and or probability.

It is. The experiments at Princeton University’s PEAR lab proved that consciousness can affect physical systems, such as random number generators, and processes, even retroactively through time.

1 Like

That’s awesome.
Especially the retroactive part.

I thought everyone here agreed it is absolutely impossible to change the actual past.

I wonder if Magick can make two or more particles of the magician’s choice get quantum entangled.

Or intentionally push things into super-position.

Try the search :slight_smile: We have a lot on changing the past and doing things out of time.

2 Likes

The experiments showed that it’s possible to influence the past, not directly change it. For example, one of the experiments was to write down a number from a random number generator, lock it in a safe, and then have someone try to change it retroactively.

1 Like

So when they open the safe, it’s not the same number as was originally written?

Nope. It was different.

1 Like

That’s amazing.

This means the actual physical past was truly objectively influenced.

1 Like

If a number in a safe was changed, isn’t that more than influence? This is sort of confusing.

Well, I’ll just say the researchers would not admit they actually changed the past but there is also a big difference between simply altering a random number generated by a machine (which has little effect on anything) and say, changing an influential event in your life that would have a cascading effect throughout your timeline.

Here Dr. Banner explains how changing the past doesn’t change the present but instead makes a branch in the space-time continuum

You know that’s fiction, right? :joy: :joy:

2 Likes