★ Crystal Companion Megathread ★

I’ve done a search for this sort of thing before posting it. Yes, there is a show me your crystals thread already, it’s two years old. With permission from our beloved @Lady_Eva I present to you the Crystal Companion Megathread!

This isn’t a thread specifically for rare, super fancy, extra large crystals, all crystals are welcome. Especially the ones you cherish the most, and the ones you use on a semi-daily basis. Please share what you’ve learned about your crystal(s), (crediting your sources when applicable) your personal experiences with it/them, insights you’ve discovered, changes in your behavior/thought patterns, or spellwork you’ve used them in.

To be clear, this is more than a simple class picture day thread for your gemstones. Yes they are very pretty. As magicians we don’t buy crystals just because they are pretty. We’re here to learn & grow and this is where we learn more about crystals.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Black Tourmaline and Kyanite i believe its called, theyre really great for removing negativity!

1 Like

It’s nighttime here so my photos aren’t gonna come out great. I’ve elected to start out with my favorite type of stone, the bloodstone. The one at the very bottom of the photo is my favorite one.

Theres a white mark on it from when it fell from my hand while I was dancing. I decided to share this stone first because I’ve used it the most in my work, and plus I actually know of a spell you can do with bloodstone to help get courage & confidence.

Before I go into all that though, I’ll tell you what I’ve learned about the bloodstone. Bloodstone is a root chakra stone that links to the heart. So it helps with both energy centers. I’ve gridded with stone paired with rose quartz before, however I was homeless at the time so I couldnt leave the grid up for long as I was constantly on the move. I’d like to grid with it again some day. It provides mental clarity, paired with selenite to amplify it’s effects I’ve noticed this first hand. So much so I didnt understand what was going on until I realized I had a few if em sitting on a little selenite block next to me, it was a trip!

For those unaware, the root chakra is responsible for feeling safe, grounded and centered. You can handle difficult situations easier, beause you’re not as much in your fight or flight brainstate. I recommend this stone to anybody suffering from PTSD. It wont cure PTSD mind you, but it’s really helped me out a great deal. Thank you.

Now for the courage spell. This is two spells I made into one from the book Magical Aromatherapy by Scott Cunningham. Quick read, loads of info. Here we go.

That’s all for now. Love to see what you all have to share! Thank you.

3 Likes

Okay, I didnt wanna post too much in a row but I do wanna keep this thread going. Post your crystals! Lets see what ya got!

Theres no way I can take such a vivid photo with my camera phone so I nabbed the photo from the seller I got it from. This is creedite and its absolutly gorgeous, I had to have this stone. It’s like 889.5 karats or something, its fuckin’ massive. Creedite is the shit too. It’s a high frequency stone, connects to a lot of the higher chakras. Check out the link to learn more about it. This specific stone is pictured on its side but when it sits at its base it straight up looks like a little creature, like a little spikey turtle friend.

3 Likes

This is probably already a topic but it’s six in the morning and I had a lame night trying to sleep so I’m too lazy to search for it. Anyway, anyone collect and/or work with gems? If so, do you have a favorite?

3 Likes

It’s still really early here. It seems like a rough night was a shared thing. Anyway I buy the stones I need for what my intentions are. I have a few and work with stones and crystals a lot. I have collected since I was a child. (All is those are at my moms).

My favorites are Rose Quartz, Opal, moonstone and
Amethyst.

What are you needing to do maybe I can help you to get started.

Also make sure you if you can to go to a shop and handle the stones. One will call to you to work with you. It’s a lot like tarot where you bind with them.

2 Likes

I have such a wide variety. Let me bookmark this and when I get my stones out later I’ll tell you what I do.

1 Like

I tend to work with specific energies as my path takes me. At the moment I’m working with Sapphire and Septarian in combination. Septarian for its communication qualities, Sapphire as a representation of a nature spirit I’m working with.

I’m not much of a collector, I like to be invited :slight_smile: But it doesn’t take a lot for me to feel invited either. “Oooh that’s beautiful” on my part does it. I feel like I wouldn’t be drawn to a crystal unless it had called me first.

I have a long tern connection with Obsidian and Labradorite. Last year I was called to make a bracelet to wear as a talisman with Citrine, Obsidian and Green Jasper for protection and deflection/absorption of bad luck while traveling.

2 Likes

Mostly Ruby, Amethyst, aquamarine, tourmaline, onyx and my favorite Celestine.

4 Likes

I’m not needing anything in particular. This was out of curiosity to see what others enjoyed. ^^;

Yeah that’s pretty much all it takes for me too, lol.

2 Likes

I have clear quartz, different forms of agate, red jasper, sodalite, howlite, citrine, fluorite, amethyst, and some other ones. My main favorite out of all is clear quartz, i LOVE it. Also with where i live i find small pieces of the quartz right outside my house too.

:point_up:t2: I second this. Celestine is my absolute favourite too. I vibe with it like no other. I have celestine clusters and geodes all over the place. I could sit and stare at it for hours.

I also really vibe with amethyst, fluorite, ruby (my birth stone), citrine, selenite, and clear quartz.

I just got a labradorite sphere and when the light hits it a certain way it’s almost mesmerizing.

2 Likes

Rose quarts & moonstone…pyrite also

Cat’s Eye, Indian agate, and blue aventurine.
And one day I’d like to work with coral and celestine.

I’m not surprised that we share the same favourite crystal :laughing:

1 Like

I have a lot of crystal specimens, probably an embarrassing amount honestly. At any given time I usually have one to fifteen active Ebay bids going. I literally can’t even go into my favorite stores (Native American Spirit Shop, The Crystal Way, The Crystal Shop) unless I’m specifically giving myself permission to spend a stupid amount of money on crystals. Some of my favorites are of course all the usual suspects, all the forms of clear quartz, labradorite, various obsidians, aventurine. On the slightly more obscure side I love ocean jasper and have a ton of it. I was never a huge lover of jade but found some I could not live without in Jakarta and it turns out jade (at least to me) is so much more powerful than I thought. I am looking at an Afghan jade specimen right now but don’t feel like I can afford it as I watch Covid destroy my net worth. I also quite like Wulfenite/Arcanite for abundance. I also think the black agates are wonderful and I’m looking at my biggest black agate tower as I write this.

1 Like

I’m sure your collection is a thing of beauty. I may be following your path shortly as I keep finding more and more gems to add. It’s honestly becoming an obsession of mine.

Has anyone ever worked with (real) moldavite? There’s a lot of fake stuff out there, but I’ve heard the real ones are very noticeable and great for upping the anti (so to speak) in spiritual growth.

No probs, I merged all to the slightly older topic. :+1:

3 Likes

At this point I’m pretty sure we’re the same person that’s just living a double life :women_with_bunny_ears:

1 Like

I have some thoughts on a matter… I’m about to buy my first Malachite and since it’s a stone of transformation, I’m thinking about doing a ritual with it, connecting it with the pulse of death to use for my personal advantage. However, of you imbue a stone with a certain kind of energy, how do you cleanse it? Do I ruin the result of the whole ritual by running it under water? I’m aware that salt shouldn’t be used for Malachite, but that also sounds like a thing that would neutralize a ritually charged crystal completely. Does anyone have some knowledge to share regarding this?