Black Mirror Scrying - What am I doing wrongly? [+Photo]

Hail thee, guys.

I’ve beeing trying to scry into a Black Mirror, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrongly?

There’s the picture:

What are you doing beforehand - do you use the theta-gamma synch?

What’s your previous experience, and what kinds of magick have you done before now - can you see, hear, or otherwise sense spirits?

I’m not interrogating you :slight_smile: - just trying to find out what could be going amiss. Oh, and also, please check your Messages in the top menu - cheers!

2 Likes

I’ve never done a single magick in my entire life (not an intentional one, at least).

I focus on my face into the mirror and try to get lost, but I can’t do it. I wish I could enter a theta-gamma synch.

My previous experience: I’ve always felt things, seeing things while I just get awake in the middle of night, etc.

1 Like

I’ve seen all EA’s youtube videos, tried everything to enter theta-gamma synch state, and I just can’t. Could anyone give me some advice, something that I could work on to bypass this barrier of mine?

I can actually notice several problems.

The first,and most obvious one,is that you mention looking at yourself in the scrying mirror.Sure,that’s how you play Bloody Mary but that’s not how you scry.No,you need to tilt the mirror,at such an angle(usually 45 degrees) and stand in the right spot,so that you either see only the wall,or the corner where the ceiling and the wall meet.

What I mean by that is,your black scrying mirror can’t have a reflection in it.And if it does need to have one,it should be top corner,that way your focus will automatically be drawn.

Second mistake,and this is a fatal one,you’re trying too hard.This is one everyone is going to point out,you’re trying to hard to enter a theta gamma sync.You need to approach this with a mindset that the trance isn’t the intent,it’s communication with whatever is out there.

If you can’t get your body to release tension and stop wiggling and stuff,then get a sexual release or work out.And get your wiggles out,before the operation or stretch.

And then simply relax your gaze.That may be another problem.You’re staring;focusing;instead of gazing.I struggled with the same,the key is to relax your gaze so much,that you imagine you’re looking through the mirror.Like you’re just looking at something behind it.

And when you do that,you’ll focus solely on the black stuff automatically.Till black becomes white,usually through smoke…

Third,your senses are underdeveloped and you’re not working with a spirit to develop them.What I mean,is that you don’t have the astral senses to peer into the void,and draw some random spirit to talk to you or to look into the future.At this point,you can only see the smoke,and get that far.That’s enough.

So try to open the sigil of a spirit who can help.Depending on your paradigm,good options of the top of my head include Hecate,Azazel,Gabriel,Sastan,Mepsitahl,etc.

Opening sigils is also a great and natural way of learning how to gaze instead of staring,which is all you need to scry right now.With each scrying session,the spirit’s appearance aught to become more pronounced.

11 Likes

Everything Arcane posted is excellent, but let me add a couple points.

First, you enter the Theta-Gamma Sync (well, at least Theta) every night as you fall asleep. It’s a natural process, so don’t tell yourself stories about how its some superhuman spiritual experience.

Second, with both TGS and scrying in general, physical relaxation is incredibly important. Find a relaxation exercise - I use the old standby of the ball of golden light moving down your body - and do it, several times if need be, until you are nice and loose. This should put your mind in a relaxed state, too.

Now, follow Arcane’s advice and open a sigil. Pick one of the spirits he mentioned, write the sigil out on a square of paper large enough so that you don’t need to focus to make out the details, and just gaze at it in a calm, relaxed way while thinking about your goal - in this case, seeing images in the mirror. When it flashes, i.e., when lines seem to disappear and then reappear, then look up to the mirror.

Maintain the same relaxed gaze, and just look into the darkness. What you’re waiting for is a sort of white fog to roll across the surface of the mirror, then clear away. This is a sign that you’re astral sight has been activated and is connected to the mirror.

Once you’re there, you have to tell the mirror what you want to see. If you just stare, thinking of nothing, nothing is what you’ll get. This is where the mental gymnastics can be a little tricky, but just visualize what you want the mirror to show you, while still passively observing the blackness. So if you want to see a spirit, visualize their sigil, if you want to see a person, bring their face to mind.

From there, it’s just practice, practice, practice. You’re developing some unused faculties, so be patient but consistent and the results will come.

8 Likes

Arcane, thank you so much for such a great answer! You solved a long list of doubts that I had. I don’t know how to be thankful enough! What a great answer!

I’ll make the necessary changes right away and come back to the forum after getting new experiences.

I’m astonished by the BALG community. Things are amazing here!

Wow, while righting the answer, I got Arkhilokhus post. I’m even more amazed! Ty so much too, brother! You enlighted my path in a undescriptable way!

I wish I could write something better here, english is not my best suit.

Konx Om Pax!

1 Like

The scrying exercise from WOD is mighty good… Sastan …

1 Like

[quote=“Arcane, post:5, topic:5903”]I can actually notice several problems.

The first,and most obvious one,is that you mention looking at yourself in the scrying mirror.Sure,that’s how you play Bloody Mary but that’s not how you scry.[/quote]

This is incorrect. There is a method of scrying using your reflection. I’ve been trying to find it, but my Google-Fu is letting me down. Basically, you use your reflection as the focal point, and your reflection will morph into the spirit you wish to contact. I realize most of what you read about black mirror scrying says never see your reflection, but this simply isn’t true, or “the only way” to scry.

1 Like

Found it. It was developed by Poke Runyon, and is called Facial Reflection-Distortion Technique. You can read about here:

[url=http://neuromagick.com/the-neuromagick-library/miscellaneous/black-mirror-magick-technique]http://neuromagick.com/the-neuromagick-library/miscellaneous/black-mirror-magick-technique[/url]

It doesn’t matter whether or not you see your reflection. If you’re doing it right your reflection will disappear. Sometimes the whole mirror will disappear when the spirit appears.

I think there are many ways of doing this. People just seem to make it more complicated then it really is. The best advice I can give is to work on opening your 3rd eye and experiment. Find a method of scrying that suits you and don’t mind what others say.

2 Likes

Well I can tell you for sure, your candles are in the wrong place. Setting your candles right beside your mirror will distort the mirror with light, glare, and glows. You need to set your candles directly behind your mirror, one on the left, one on the right, just as you have them now but sit them behind the mirror.

You will still get plenty of light this way but the mirror will be good and black with no obstructions. It makes a huge difference and helps you focus better if you can’t see glowing white light and flames flickering in your mirror.

4 Likes

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:12, topic:5903”]You need to set your candles directly behind your mirror, one on the left, one on the right, just as you have them now but sit them behind the mirror.

You will still get plenty of light this way but the mirror will be good and black with no obstructions. It makes a huge difference and helps you focus better if you can’t see glowing white light and flames flickering in your mirror.[/quote]

^This. Through trial and error I have also found that back lighting the mirror works best for me as well. I tried placing candles behind me, to the left and right and found it didn’t cast enough light. The way you placed your candles created too much distraction seeing the flames, so I tried behind the mirror and it worked a treat.

1 Like

Another thing too, if your computer desk is your constant working space, you may wish to cover your computer screen with a very light blanket, a bandana, a scarf that unfolds into a square etc. I can see flames glowing off of that screen which could also become a distraction for you as the eyes tend to gravitate towards colors and if you are new at this, until you can train your mind not to lose focus your conscious mind will interrupt you during your scrying session and say hey look up here, ooooh pretty lights! And you could find yourself looking up at the lights glowing on your computer screen too often.

If you have nothing else to cover your screen with, take a black t-shirt and slip it over top of the screen as if you are putting a shirt on your computer, it will eliminate the glare by hiding the shiny reflective screen, it fits just right and will not be too heavy on your screen so no risk of breaking or cracking the plastic stand your screen is attached to.

All that aside, if you could tell us what you are doing while scrying, how you are going about it, we could offer more helpful advice for what you need to do or what you may be doing wrong. You haven’t provided any details of how you are attempting this and with nothing to go on except for a photo of your working space and your mirror, we can only guess at what your problem is.

1 Like

[quote=“chef1964, post:9, topic:5903”][quote=“Arcane, post:5, topic:5903”]I can actually notice several problems.

The first,and most obvious one,is that you mention looking at yourself in the scrying mirror.Sure,that’s how you play Bloody Mary but that’s not how you scry.[/quote]

This is incorrect. There is a method of scrying using your reflection. I’ve been trying to find it, but my Google-Fu is letting me down. Basically, you use your reflection as the focal point, and your reflection will morph into the spirit you wish to contact. I realize most of what you read about black mirror scrying says never see your reflection, but this simply isn’t true, or “the only way” to scry.[/quote]

In my experience, the mirror reflection scrying method starts with morphing, but develops further so the spirit gets out of the reflection entirely. The focal point changes to the side of your own reflection, making the technique similar to the method described by Arcane. The differences is the starting focal direction. It works just as fine doing it on a black mirror. :slight_smile:

dont look at the mirror. make a mirror the center of your visual field, but don’t look at it like you would look on some screen.

instead, make an internal movement BACKWARDS, go back, go back

like moving away from the window, exercise that kind of movement

one of important points is to make your eye-perception irrelavant so it blurrs.

the VISION happenes deep in your imaginations. it is just like your ordinary everyday imagination, just with a twist of increasing curiosity and awe.

you don’t have to believe in yourself. don’t believe in anything. just watch.

and, of course, have in mind that the EVENT HORIZON of all magick is, in fact, pure MADNESS.

make mad faces, act like your seeing your own destiny enveloping before you.

if magick doesnt work for you, then cheat. you have to take it. it’s yours. it’s just that we’ve been all raised to be bunch of pussies.

cheat! make your on body to produce chemistry of TOTAL CELEBRATION OF SUCCESS

without passing the horizon, beyond reason, into insanity, you won’t accomplish much.

ask questions! ask ask ask ask ask ask ask. DEMAND. PRAY. BEG. DEMAND AGAIN. give up. COME BACK!!! PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH push push push… then loose all hope… than slap yourself in the face and COME BACK AGAIN. and this time, tell yourself that there isn’t giving up, or rising from the chair UNTIL YOU GET YOUR ANSWER.

are you willing to break through? are you willing to risk your own reason?

if not, fuck you.

8 Likes

^ IMO One of the best and most important posts you’ll EVER read.

2 Likes

Yeah that was pretty D-e-e-eeecent! ace stuff!

When it comes to scrying methods, the options are pretty much limitless. The scientific words for the visual effects of scrying is called Troxler’s Fading, which basically means that the fixation point fades away after a while.

I’m a person that likes challenges and to try new methods. There is one visual illusion called Lilac Chaser, which might be used as a “tool” for scrying.

Focus on the center and something will sure happen.

Maybe it’s helpful? I will try it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes