Black magick learning path (need advice)

Hi, I’m an absolute beginner on magick so I’ve done some research and made a list of things I have have learn in order to excel in the left hand path. I know some people prefer to just jump right away into doing magick and learn from experience, but I prefer planning everything out first. I’m a perfectionist and I try to avoid making mistakes and regrettable decisions to the best of my ability. Here’s the learning path (I’m planning on progressing through them in order):

1. Energy Work (I have experience in this already, mostly qigong. I’ll probably learn some chakra work too from Robert Bruce)

2. Basic Meditation (basically just being aware of my breath, I don’t know anything else)

3. Spiritual Hygiene & Basic Spiritual Defense (as recommended by Mulberry)

4. E.A. Koetting’s Mastering Divination Course

5. E.A. Koetting’s Mastering Evocation Course

6. E.A. Koetting’s Mastering Soul Travel Course

7. The Complete Works of E.A. Koetting (start from Works of Darkness, then Evoking Eternity, and then in any order I want. According to my research. Please correct me if I’m wrong)

8. The Black Magick course that BALG offers

And from here on I’ll either explore the other BALG courses or grimoires from other authors. I should have plenty of experience with multiple types of magick at this point so I’ll be able to choose what to specialize in.

I currently don’t have the money to buy courses yet so I’m using my spare time to perfect my study path. I’ll appreciate any advice from senior practioners on this.

2 Likes

Nice! This doesn’t seem to be asking a question for discussion, so I’m moving it to Journals and we’d love to get updates on it (post in the same thread to keep it all readable together) in time. :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t want to downplay the value of EA’s courses, nor discourage buying from the BALG product line. There’s a lot of good stuff to be found.
However, I would personally mix and match teachers and sources a bit more though, if you are planning to go all in on black magick and all out on following courses.

If you plan to focus on black magic in particular, I also highly recommend Conner Kendalls Black Magicians Handbook to start out. It gives a decent path to follow for a beginner and a solid foundation, imho.
He also has posted an awesome intro into black magick collection on this forum.

1 Like

I’ll check that out, thanks.

1 Like