Best Occult Reads-GO

Which books do you highly recommend that took your practice to the next level? This can be helpful for those looking for information.

-Initiation to Hermetics- most powerful book I have ever read

-The Practice of Magical Evocation

-Applied Magic

• The Sorcerers Secrets

• Kabbalah Magic and The Great Work of Self Transformation

10 Likes

I have no idea why the bullets changed but ignore that format. They are all separate

I did not include EAs books because we all know of them

2 Likes

Queen of Hell by Mark Allen Smith

The Scorpion God by Mark Allen Smith

Liber Falxifer 1, 2, and 3

Initiation into hermetics by Franz Bardon

Liber Nigri Solis

6 Likes

And THIS:

7 Likes

Sorcerer’s secrets by Jason Miller
Protection and reversal magic by Jason Miller
Queen of Hell By Mark Smith
Futhark by Edred Thorsson
Uthark by Thomas Karlsson
High magic by frater U.D
Suomen kansan muinaisia loitsurunoja

7 Likes

Sabbatica series by Edgar Kerval and others. Qlipphoth Opus volume 3 by Edgar Kerval, Tree of Qlipphoth by Asenath Mason and the Temple of Ascending Flame, Uthark: Nightside of the Runes by Thomas Karlsson, Liber Falxifer 1-3, Grimoire of Tiamat by Asenath Mason, Book of the Witch Moon by Michael W. Ford, The Kybalion, The Tao Te Ching, The Book of Sitra Achra, The Left Hand of Odin, and the Runa series by Edred Thorrson. It’s a long list but it’s what I’ve been into this year.

8 Likes

Also Jerry Alan Johnson’s books on Daoist sorcery

3 Likes

Any of the books by Josephine McCarthy and in particular her free online Quareia course.

3 Likes

Most effective and easily accessible as well as cheap …

Evoking Eternity - E.A Koetting
The Complete Book of Demonolatry - S. Connolly
How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie
Liber Null and Psychonaut - Peter J. Carroll
Modern Magick - Donald Michael Kraig
Arbatel - Joseph H. Peterson

There are some highly esoteric and sometimes rather expensive books that aren’t worth putting on this list because they are normally the result of some hardcore pathworking and highly subjective … and hard as fuck to understand. They are thick with symbolism and analogies and you couldn’t find a straight answer with a ruler in these things, but they are treasures nonetheless.

That being said a few standout selections are:

Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic - Thomas Karlsson
Nightside of Eden - Kenneth Grant

5 Likes

I agree that J.M.'s books are good leveled primers, but take parts of her philosophy with a grain of salt. I’m currently reading her Magical Knowledge series, and I would be discouraged from the whole deal if I was to integrate her philosophy of giving your fate away and basically being an employee to “The Universe”, which she says is super-powerful, but needs our help to do it’s job and puts us in harm’s way, but is also so weak that it gets thrown off-balance and guns for immediate karmic revenge if we do even the littlest thing for our own gain.

Otherwise, I believe what she says is legit.

1 Like

White Sorcery
Cyclomancy
Psychastra
all by Frank Rudolph Young - totally revolutionized the way I do magic

The Golden Hoarde edition of the Veritable Key of Solomon
The Kybalion

The Devil’s Pulpit by Robert Taylor
Star Lore
36 Faces by Austin Coppock
The Book of Thoth
The Greek Qabalah (mainly for the isopsephy dictionary)

4 Likes

Ken Wilber’s “No Boundaries” is not an occult book, strictly speaking, but has a lot of insightful observations about the world around us

2 Likes

EA’s Works of Darkness - changed my life more than any other book I’ve ever read

Sorcerer’s Secrets and Financial Magick by Jason Miller

Summoning Spirits by Konstantinos - very straightforward development exercises for the senses

5 Likes

Yes, it’s a comic book, but a darn good one -

Bluefluke’s Psychonaut Field Manual

And on that theme, the “Invisibles” series is also pretty awesome.

5 Likes

This guy looks pretty serious

1 Like

Nobody’s been able to figure out exactly who he was or how he knew so damn much. Somehow he worked out a sophisticated understanding of how the astral body interacts with the nervous and endocrine system. If you read across his work, he knew all the intricacies of how biology and spirit fit together. He’s most famous in the bodybuilding world for developing his own version of yoga that people still use to lose weight without aerobics and get ripped without weightlifting. In the occult world, he remains a best kept secret - probably because he approached everything from a pragmatic/scientific direction instead of a religious/mystical angle. He felt that his occult material was being actively suppressed and got paranoid about it towards the end of his career.

5 Likes

The GD “black brick”, W.E. Butler, a small book on the first elements of occultism by Joanny Bricaud, main grimoires, Papus, Dogma and Ritual/History of magic/Key of the great mysteries by Levi, Liber E/Liber O/Magick by Crowley, Agrippa’s “Occult philosophy”.

2 Likes

I look forward to reading this one when it comes out later this year.

5 Likes

Oh wow i think this is EA’s friend that he spoke to me about in Utah.

1 Like

Wow that sounds really interesting. And, it sounds like a useful contribution to the “should magick be for everyone” question that surfaces on these pages from time to time.

1 Like