Being Given Fancy-Sounding Titles By Spirits/Yourself

I have a few names I use for various purposes, some magical, some not, Akashiel being oldest that my parents didn’t give me. Used to use titles when I was a teen. Back then I MAY have asked for certain entities to refer to me with them. Now their just used to occasionally tease me…:sweat:

1 Like

There is also the practice of the “magick motto” usually seen in practices and systems related or derived from the golden dawn’s stuff.

Though since i adapted it into my practice years ago i’ve noticed my current work with arhiman and the divs aligns perfectly with it :alien:

Yeah, I have a couple names ‘n’ titles given to me by spirits. I also have given myself a title or two.

Why give myself a title?

1. Because I can
  2. Yeah, I do feel special. So what? People can feel special and good about themselves. Not everyone can be Negative Nancy’s
  3. When I give myself a title, I feel it resonates with me. Like, “hey, that’s me!” Same reason entities like being called certain things.

Why entities give others titles?

1. Well, because they can.
  2. Represent your relationship with them
  3. They feel that it resonates with you

I don’t care how dramatic one’s title is. That title is them. Why be so negative about one positively expressing themselves? Just my thoughts on it. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. I’m passionate about titles, lol!

3 Likes

First of all, as far as @Eye_of_Ra is concerned, she really is a sweetie and a princess as much as I know about her. As far as her true name and nature, only the spirits know.

Words are powerful. To name something, or someone, gives it the attributes you want it to have. In our Eurocentric society, we seem to have lost this knowledge. People will name their children any fucking thing these days. A person’s middle name is supposed to be their secret name. It’s just a regular thing now.

People’s names may seem cute as children, but as adults it can affect them seriously in terms of employment prospects. Who would you hire a woman named Shaqueesha or a woman named Sherry? It has been proven that names on a persons resume no matter how qualified, affect their chances of being hired. Then, how your name is spelled can affect you too. Terri vs. Teri. Carolyn vs. Carolynne. Christine vs. Kristeen. This is especially an issue in the African-American communities.

To change your name from Billy Jones to Ahmed Salim Mohammed because of Islam means that he dedicates his life to his faith. Would anyone have disagreed that the change from Cassius Clay to Muhammad Ali made an already good boxer into the greatest boxer of all time? Do you agree that Dana Jones is talented singer? Well, you know Queen Latifah is! Sean Combs is just another dude. You’ve no doubt heard of Puff Daddy right?

For whatever reason a person adopts a name, that name is personal and means something. And, has the power to not only affirm who that person already is, but who that person is going to be.

3 Likes

Thats interesting, the more you know, aswell as the cultural diferences you mention.

Yes, words have a meaning, that oneself gives to them or that we allow others define for us, but still we are the ones who make the decision, by their own will and in sad cases not. You just give me an idea to write, thanks for that.

1 Like

Awww … thank you :blush::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Devil’s advocate, but I do see where you are coming from to a point. A title, when given to one’s self, is absolutely pretentious.

On the other hand, if someone else calls you it, it is really not your decision, especially if the title is earned or a term of endearment.

What drives me nuts is when people insist upon being referred to by their title. I refuse to address anyone by any title other than ‘Mr’, ‘Mrs’ or ‘Ms’ unless that person has some kind of power over me in some way., i.e. a judge in a courtroom. Other than that, titles mean nothing to me.

But, because they mean nothing to me, I could care less what someone else calls their own self. Take me, for example. Nobody has claimed Elvis Presley’s title after his death, so I am taking it. From now on, I am THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL. You’re just going to have to take my word for it, though you can still just call me Woodsman, lol.

2 Likes

This man fucking gets it.

I’m a Low Priest of Satan. There are so many High Priests and High Priestesses that I chose the low road and became a Low Satanic Priest. True grades are never awarded, merely recognised. While many of the High Priesthood and High Priestess-hood tend to be found on-line, it’s the Low Priests and Low Priestesses who do all the heavy lifting at the coalface, so to speak. And a joy it is too.

Al.

1 Like

Yeah, I once asked lord ganesha with folded hands, like begging - ‘’ lord what is my spiritual name’’. He looked into my eyes intensely for few moments, as if trying to scan the inner most part of my soul, there was a long pause, then he Said ‘’ ASSHOLE ‘’ and just went away. Didn’t know what to make out of it.

Just kidding, :grin: didn’t happen but its funny though.

5 Likes

1 question that may blow your claim that there could be no proof of demon given titles out of the water…Are you willing to ask the demon in question yourself if said user was given said title by said demon?

1 Like

Because that could be interesting to see…How things go for you if you call upon demons for the sake of proof of X or Y…X)

Entities can and do give any name they choose for whatever reason. My real name was given to me by Lucifer and I don’t share it. It’s a name I didn’t even know existed and it means something.

As for terms of endearment or other - they do that too. He’s called me Queen from the very beginning. Now other entities use that term also. And no, I don’t claim I’m some dark and fearful Queen that rules over the galaxy of “Iwishabitchwoods”. Are you implying in your post that we need verification of such names? That’s laughable at best. Our “proof " or our " ID card” is the name we’ve made for ourselves in the spirit world. Our character and our reputation.

2 Likes

None, what I can think of. I somewhat keep to myself and don’t contact many beings except for occasionally working with a few gods.

Interesting. I used to work with sex spirits as a way to feed off certain energy types, that was in the past, I prefer to dream-walk to do my business now.

My title of Dr. Is only an honorary doctorate. I don’t know about the other titles people carry I’m just as curious as you.

1 Like

I don’t have a title bestowed upon me by anyone. I mean, spirits often call me “child”, but it’s more of a pet name than a title.

1 Like

I have an honorary degree too. I never use my title of Dr. It makes you look crazy to run around calling yourself doctor all the time.

2 Likes

ouwww… all spirits of any kind honor me with a great title: “That old Bitch”.

3 Likes

has pondered, and only really has life experience to add to this so here goes

So, a long time ago I toyed with being a princess. I knew I was, because you see my spirits had told me that when I was about 12. As a matter of fact, they had said to me, “Why would you want to be a slave?? You are our princess!” one day and that was that. I knew what I was.

Later I found out that by some standards I actually am a, well, princess via family tree. I don’t mean I got some king in the history although I do have that. Several actually, from England. Oh, and Pocahontas. But on the other side, the one I relate to, I gots chiefs and chiefs and chiefs…and some of them quite famous I might add. Double whammy of rulers, booyah.

So ask me now and I’ll probably tell you my great-great-aunt was a Disney princess and hope you get the joke.

The point to that parable is that I’m pretty sure a demon will know what it’s talking about if it decides to call you by a title that people may perceive as hoity toity. For most of my life so far I had no card to back up this knowledge of what I was. I didn’t have my family tree because my parents are jerks like that. It took acts of fate to help me wrap things together, and when they were wrapped I just laughed. A lot.

Being told I was a princess also touched other more spiritual areas in my life, a lot of them to do with reincarnation and just what I am in other ways. I don’t need anyone’s validation for that, either. Not when the things I knew were found physically to actually exist years after I realized I knew it. No. I am what I am, and that’s enough for me.

Folks don’t need to validate themselves to other people when given a title or are called anything.

On the other hand, there are cases of people being called special titles and told wonderful things, and when they fell for it their destinies were uprooted and they amounted to nothing. There’s one case I’m thinking of in particular where the guy was in his final years of university and dropped out over it. He was so close. And that’s a shame. So you should be careful and not let a special sounding title get stuck up your bum enough to cut off the circulation to your brain.

As for being called anything, considering that a good many aetherial beings speak in tiers I can’t recall being called any one name at a time. “Small One” happened once, but I am small compared in size and, well, they speak in tiers. And metaphor. It could have meant anything.

2 Likes