Basic Root Chakra/Lower Dantien Meditation

Thanks to inspiration from this post: I've Become Very Powerful - Chakras , I’ve recently come up with a meditation for the Root Chakra/Lower Dantien.

Here it is

Say “I am secure in my body”

Next, breathe in to the Root Chakra/Lower Dantien and see it glow a brilliant white, as if staring into the Sun.

Repeat “I am secure in my body” and breath into the Root Chakra/Lower Dantien. As you inhale, see it glow even brighter.

Finally, for a third time say “I am secure in my body” and breath in to the Root Chakra/Lower Dantien, seeing it glow even brighter. When you exhale, see the light expand from your root so it fills your entire body.

Next, say “I am secure in my city”, and breath into your body, seeing your body glow even brighter.

Repeat the last instruction for a second time.

Finally on the third inhale see the light glow even brighter. When you exhale, see the light expand from your body to your entire city. You should now feel grounded in your city the same way you feel grounded in your body.

Next, say “I am secure in my world”, and breath into your city, seeing it glow a brilliant white.

Repeat the previous instruction for a second time.

Finally on the third inhale see the light glow even brighter. When you exhale, see the light expand from your city to the entire Earth. You should now feel grounded in the Earth the same way you feel grounded in your city and in your body.

Next, say “I am secure in my Universe”, and breath into the world, seeing it glow a brilliant white.

Repeat the last instruction for a second time.

Finally on the third inhale see the light glow even brighter. When you exhale, see the light expand from the Earth to the entire Universe. You should now feel grounded and secure in every realm of the cosmos.

Inhale long and slow for a final time, seeing the Universe glow an impossiby white light. When you exhale, collapse all the energy back into your Root Chakra/Lower Dantien.

I hope you’ll get some use out if this. Let me know in the comments how it went for you. :star::star::star::star::star:

2 Likes

The root chakra and the lower Dan Tien are several inches apart. The root is closest to the acupuncture point called Hui Yin in the perineum, the Lower Dan Tian is two finger widths down and in from your navel.

You will get very different effects using one or the other.

Have you tried both yourself? Which did you intend for the intention in this exercise?

2 Likes

I knew you’d have a problem with this :rofl:

I focus on the root. The only reason I made the two interchangeable is because they both correspond to basic instinct and self preservation. I believe the security and grounded feeling you get from the excerise will net you the same amount, regardless of which center you pick.

Hopefully by including both centers, more people can benefit from the exercise, regardless of backround. I would have included Yesod as well if it had a similar correspondence.

I think it would make more sense to use Hui Yin then, that is your point for connecting to Earth and for your basic instinct thing, and this seems to be a stabilizing exercise. And like the root chakra it’s used for exercises with sexual energy.

Yeah I haven’t heard that the Dan Tian is related to basic instinct? Self preservation does makes sense as it will protect you from over extending your energy, It’s a storage center center, associated with nourishment and energy you put there is circulated though the du mai meridians to balance your whole body.

I’m just confused why you’d pick such a different qigong point so far away when you have a really good candidate to pair with the root right next to it already?

Self preservation and security are practically the same thing. Cultivating a feeling of security is the main idea of the exercise.

I suppose you could use the Hui Yin if you wanted to, but in the 3 Dantien system, the Lower Dantien corresponds closest to the root.

“Root of the tree of life… where ones qi is stored” sounds very similar to descriptions of the root chakra.