Baphomet: The deity hiding behind the mask

Since you can’t really do anything with deity’s you need to start researching how to open them on your own.

1 Like

Chaos doesn’t exactly mean all encompassing, I think that should be understood and not used as an excuse to attach attributes to beings lol. Eris chaos isn’t an all encompassing kind of chaos it’s a strife and discord type chaos, as in she can cause such within romance and such but she is not directly tied to romance and it’s not an attribute of hers.

Sure Gods and Goddesses can learn and add to their repertoire of skills but when it comes to all encompassing I’d lean more to a cosmic deity or a deity of the void like Tiamat in terms of general encompassing.

In the Discordian sense Chaos is the force beyond duality, everything and nothing. Eris is Chaos therefore Eris is everything and nothing at once. The Principia Discordia talks about this more.

To quote Eris on why the Greeks thought she was terrible: “they were a constipated people”

1 Like

Heyy I know a lot about music… But paintings I’m awful… Like awful. I don’t even know the names of the most famous paintings in the world.
But yes thank you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Oh… The mona Lisa… I think that’s about it!

2 Likes

When I think of all encompassing Eris doesn’t exactly fit that mold, she is a Goddess of strife and discord, her chaos is more as a means of forceful change, but she has no direct attributes to anything and everything.

Just as a God can be a God of the sun but they do not encompass the entire cosmos just an aspect of the cosmos, Eris is the same she doesn’t encompass everything and anything, she encompasses the change that may lead to something, chaos is change where that change goes isnt entirely up to her, she chaos can lead to something good or something worse, she is just there to incite it.

However, don’t get me wrong I do see your point.

3 Likes

I agree to disagree with you friend, and I also see your point :smile:

It’s all good.

There are many, many ways to banish without the use of tools, ranging from LBRP, Sword Banishment, Solar Banishment (I believe, it can be found here on the forum), the servitor Luna, etc. Definitely something worth searching here for, as well as my thread on why banishment can fail to help prevent pitfalls.

Wards such as my Circle of Black Fire (also here) could be used for banishment as well with a slight tweak of intention.

I think OP might need to start practicing things like banishment, developing his senses, building wards, protection, etc to build up to evocation to speak to the spirit. Otherwise, the uncertainty will always be present. As far to how to ask a spirit who may or may not be wearing the mask without offending, it could be as simple as “Do you know the spirit who is wearing the mask of Baphomet? If so, who?” It is direct but does not make assumptions that can lead to being offensive.

As for whether or not the being behind the mask is a spirit or yourself, I will repeat what I said in one of your other threads: “The Great Work was considered to be an internal process as well as an external one”.

9 Likes

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

To be quite honest I was using the Discord pendulum which is EXTREMELY unreliable but my other pendulum disappeared last year and I don’t have any debit card money to buy another one :face_with_hand_over_mouth::expressionless:

Tie a heavier nut (as in a metal nut) to a string and you will be good to go.

1 Like

Ohh :open_mouth:

1 Like

I have a Lucifer Sigil necklace that works really well too. Annoyingly too well :joy:

yup. While I have been leaning more into more ceremonial like magic as of late, I started with a more folk magic approach to things as I wasn’t exactly well off in my early days. Like cabbage and rice with vinegar fpr my meals as I could only afford that, let alone “proper occult tools”. You learn to make use with whatever you have available.

4 Likes

How did you work on your psychic senses?

I actually have my method here on the forum. If you can afford some fruit, you can use this method.

6 Likes

This is very similar to how I used to listen to pop music and focus on one instrument at a time.

1 Like

Just getting off work and won’t be able to get to anything for several hours. Is anything still needed from me?

2 Likes

When you get a chance check out this being.
It’s shadowy to me but keeps running when I try to see it. So I need your help.

1 Like

I’ll try to read through the red lights…

2 Likes