Balg magick arts and crafts

You can definitely use them. I can’t have real candles at my work so having the electric ones are just as good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet! I figured the divines wouldn’t mind, but when I do spells or workings that need to fly out into the ether, i will still carve, dress and burn regular candles as one would expect, as it is an offering to our friends on the other side. I’m super stoked I might get 2 sets, one for the working altar and one for my ancestral

1 Like

They give different color options which changes the ambiance of the ritual.

1 Like

Here’s a little fairy house I am working on, it’s In progress

5 Likes

Good idea and nice!

Is this to welcome, talk to, or catch and eat the faeries?
Thanks!

1 Like

Just to welcome them in to hang out and keep the snails off my plants, fuckers about crushed some of my uh “very important” plants :wink: and fairies have a fun little attitude so I doubt they’d taste any good lol

2 Likes

This is so adorable I want to make my own faery house too. lol

1 Like

Here’s our little shelf that the fairies have taken over, which is cool with us, right around the corner is my working altar. Those are Baron Samedi’s glasses on the shelf too, one of his pairs floating around the house anyhow

2 Likes

The faery stuff gives me ideas… Sinister ideas, but ideas none-the-less.

2 Likes

Changed my money sigil completely! I’m deleting the other one asap.

%24sigil1a

4 Likes

I made a box.

9 Likes

That is pretty nice

3 Likes

I’m totally loving your box! That’s 2legit2quit!

1 Like

Aww you opened it I was about to ask what was in the box?

1 Like

Lol, sorry for spoiling any potential movie references :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

amazing stuff

Love this thread. Here’s my athame (bought the blade, crafted the handle and sheath at a class called ‘Crafting a Norwegian Tollekniv’). Now I’m starting E.A.'s Norse Magic course it was an obvious choice to dedicate to ritual. It’s sitting in my scrying bowl which I varnished black. (I bought the bloodstone runes.)

And the latest batch of candles, what’s left of it - candlemaking is my oldest hobby, and I get through a lot of them, and since candles got trendy they’re so overpriced I hate to buy them retail. Also I prefer palm wax (though some of this batch are paraffin and a few beeswax - using up supplies), and I’m picky about colours, making what I want hard to find. But no matter, I buy palm wax in bulk from candlemaking suppliers, there’s one near me that I can pick it up in person and save $35 on shipping, and make my own.

6 Likes

Da heck? That’s kool lol

Yass!. This was at Vesterheim, the Norwegian-American National Museum in Decorah, Iowa - does it every year. They also teach other Norse crafts, including blacksmithing, music, folk art, very nice stuff.

1 Like

I’m in the wrong state!