Ask Me Anything — Scholomance : The Order of the Dragon With N.D. Blackwood

Is it necessary to have worked through Draugadrottinn in order to work with Scholomance?

Greetings
Not it is not.
I conceived each books as stand alone and take few chapters in the begining of each to transmitt the basics of vampirism. You can deffinitly go throught Scholomance without having read or work with Draugadrottin.
Draugadrottinn covers other topics, such as the prosssive pathworking of transformation into a Strigoi, the noctunal side of european paganism, the Outer gods and finally about the Path of the Dragon in the final chapter, while Scholomance deals exclusively about it.

5 Likes

Greetings,

If i may ask what are the positives and negatives of becoming a strigoi?
also is that soul alchemy that is performed there?

Thank you. I understand .

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about how to ask this question without asking you to give away the content of your book. I’m almost certain I will buy it, but I’m wondering about one thing. In book two of Scholomance, you give directions on how to visit locations in Romania, Hungary and other locations to perform certain Rites.

My question is, does the work in the book up to this point assist in any way with the practicalities of travelling to these places? Is there any assistance from the entities worked with or spells performed, as far as the mundane difficulties a practitioner might face travelling to these places and performing rituals there?

2 Likes

The “main” positive aspect is the Immortality of the Self/Ego.
Throught the act of joining the Chain, the vampire adepts possesse and anchor to the closest astral layers to the material plan, allowing the survival of his consciouness after his physical body is no longer functional. He is cast of the wheel of death and rebirth.
Advantages in this life generally involves the develloppment of a strong magnetism, a youthfull appeance (adepts tend to look “out of age”), an increase in physical strenght. But first and foremost, the living adept is able to tape into the Chain to use its own system of magick, wich work as a channeling system.

“Negative aspect”… well there is not really in my opinion, but you have to be conscious that this is a sinister path. Entities you will live with, as clever predators. You’ll have to adapt to it, and think like one of them.

4 Likes

The places located inside the books are quite easy to find and acces nowadays. The places are named and located, and anyone will be able to find them using modern GPS or Google (for exemple).
Most of them can be accessed by public transport or car, except two in Venetia that would require to rent a small boat (wich is quite easy in Venetia, hoppefully).

Some of this place have a “touristic” side (such as the ruins of Poenari by day) some are completely deserts. It will be up to the magician to estimate when he can enter the place and perform his stuff.

For the rest, each entity and location possess his own specifical ritual, herbs, incantation, sigil . You are also advice to try working with this beings in your usual place, with your regular altar. Some rituals will for exemple propose an astral projection/bilocation to one of this places.

3 Likes

Thank you. That’s very helpful to know in advance.

1 Like

that sounds great but is there no drawback like the need to feed on others ?

1 Like

There will be a need to predate on human energy of course, it’s a prerequisite to vampirism.

3 Likes

if for whatever reason we don’t feed for a time what would happen to us ?

Got my book today.

1 Like

you are lucky. can’t wait to get mine. However, I have started the video run and it is pure gold. As a long time practitioner of vampirism, I am very impressed with the quality of the material that is provided and the generosity of ND Blackwood. For the more sensitive, you will feel the power behind the live rituals that are practiced during the course.
Hail Dracul!

2 Likes

Maybe this was asked. Will you put this in pdf format sometime. ?

I will be waiting for your insights.
Enjoy your reading

2 Likes

It touches me brother.
Video course is something that I just starting with. Videocourses and interactive programs are something thart I really have in heart.

3 Likes

From my experience, it is pretty similar to stoping eating or drinking, it leaves to fatigue, depression and so on. I would say that the experience will ends like most hunger strikes do, with you starting drinking, eating, or in this case, draining again to get back on your feet.
In the case of the Path of the Dragon, I would recommand a regular feeding of 3 to 4 times per week. This is ensemble done either by ritualistic means or in your physical life.

But anyway, what would be the point of stopping feeding ?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t publicly post my findings with the book. I will say that from my experiences and work it seems very on point. I recommend it.

It’s certainly been a ride so far.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Hoppe this rituals will be usefull to you.

1 Like

Chapter 33 speaks of a ritual to receive a familiar spirit, I was wondering if you which Im sure you did its your book. But,if you did this ritual and named your familiar. And was it successful?

And later there is a chapter for a love spell. Was this also successful?