Anyone notice a personality change since practicing magick/occult

i feel like I used to be a lot less self centered than I am now a few years ago.

I also am starting to dislike most humans.

Not because I feel like I’m better or anything but I find it hard to take them seriously, espically in their spirtual beliefs when most don’t realize their potiental or think all that there is to their world is the mundane.

Relating is pretty hard I guess.

I’m not the type to go out of my way to fuck you over but I’m not looking out for anyone but myself with a few small exceptions.

Who’s gonna be the one to look out for you if you don’t do it ?

^ That might just be me growing up though and realizing it’s a dog eat do world.

There’s like one dude I look out for atm and it’s because it’s mutally beneficial/ in my best interest to do so.

Anyway anyone see a change in their personality or find it hard to relate to most people after getting involved in magick/the occult ?

7 Likes

I’ve never liked people. I find most of them are pretty much worthless meat sacks. It’s become where there is no more common courtesy and everyone thinks they are some sort of badass. In reality they are just taking up space and contributing nothing to the evolution of our species. It seems as though the really dumb ones are propagating at an enormous rate. Mostly all spoon fed sheep. I find I take much less shit off people and follow my intuition more.

7 Likes

i see what your saying and yes i can say i have changed ive only been on this path since oct. i feel a lot less like my self i think you become more like your gaurdian like mine i am not for taking b.s from ppl like i use to

That’s what bothers me about my bosses too. They think they’re so much better than us because they’re both foreman’s and treat the builders like absolute shit.

Like no, you’re average af and believe what you’re fed. No better than anyone else on the crew.

3 Likes

there are a selced few that you can call wolves in sheeps clothing lol but all n all i do agree to an extent

2 Likes

I work in a trade that is involved in commercial construction. The inspectors are the worst. The come up with the most asinine ideas about how things should be but have no knowledge of how it works. Engineers are bad too. We’re constantly fixing design flaws. These people are supposed to be educated. Functionality and common.sense eludes them.

2 Likes

I see most humans as children, ignorant of what’s really going on around them. That outlook makes me a little less annoyed when they’re being stupid. But that possibly also makes me an arrogant asshole.

That Christian humility I use to have got buried hard as hell

2 Likes

When I first started down this path I always told myself don’t be a sheep. Be a goat. Sheep follow the shepherd to the slaughter. Goats do there own thing. Plus the tie in to the demonic.

6 Likes

I do and say things that I wouldn’t before, I think my answer is a huge yes :grin:

5 Likes

true i say wolves in sheeps clothing cause they tend to well they lead the sheep to the slaughter lol i tried to think of something else to say but i could find it lmao

1 Like

Nope. Not in the slightest.

i feel like I used to be a lot less self centered than I am now a few years ago.
I also am starting to dislike most humans.

I think if you needed black magik to grow a spine, you’ve got big problems. There’s nothing strong or cool about being a selfish POS sociopath, that’s just weak.

4 Likes

I’m more centered and confident. I learned that from life in general, not just magick.

2 Likes

I started as a kid, and am now over thirty so there’s been a lot of changes to my personality over the years. I actually wanted to be a a cop as a teenager, compared to the current (somewhat) misanthropic if lazy ass anarchist. What changes are the result of practicing magic and what are just natural human growth and mundane experiences shining through, there’s no real way of knowing. Daily meditation practice at least made me more calculating and less prone to act on my emotions

2 Likes

Feeling more confident

1 Like

lol, to say the very least
drastic changes for me
all weird
all welcome
:black_heart:

1 Like

The sub-conscious is a helluva drug.

1 Like

I haven’t been doing this long, so maybe I’m not the best one to say, but I don’t think I’ve become more selfish or less kind…if anything the opposite is true. Then again, “selfish” and “self centered” were really common descriptions of me in my childhood and my teen years. I was almost a bit sociopathic as a teenager, then some events in my early 20’s kind of hit me and made me a bit more empathetic/understanding. I’ve always been a bit hot-headed, quick to confront people or fight. I think if anything, the path has helped that somewhat. I’ll never be a believer in “two wrongs don’t make a right.” If you ask me, two wrongs make an even and there’s nothing wrong with that. But had the old me been deeper into magick in my younger years, I could see myself being hex-happy over any little thing, or even just to be a bully which obviously isn’t cool. Current me understands the power behind magick and that it isn’t a game, that bad things should only be brought onto people who have truly wronged me, not just annoyed me, and who aren’t going to care about the impact of their actions otherwise. I’m sure some of those things are due to the fact that I’m pushing 30 now, but some of those changes are very recent, since I’ve gotten on the path.

Definite personality changes for the better…I agree with everyone who wrote on here because I’ve observed those things in myself also. People around me began telling me that I was changing and they always said it was for good.
I also don’t give a flying F what anyone thinks about me–and I used to care, too much.

2 Likes

Honestly, I feel like another person, but I know before I was just mask of my self, and discovering and being fully yourself is a beautiful feeling. Well, I am a much more calm person, and less arrogant. I finally accepted my darkness and kinda trickster personality, though I am not always bastard and I like to help people that ask me for help. Well my whole life changed, random shit happening gives good memories for later, aliens once came to my house and chased me for having sex lol.

1 Like

Thats always the hard part to actually think about. Knowing that you were masked to your true self is messed up man.

1 Like