Anubis invocation

Hi
A few days ago, I heard the name Anubis in my mind. Last night I had a dream that I was standing in the middle of the street and I saw a boy about 12 to 14 years old in full blue clothes. He pointed to a place where there was a house. I entered the house and went upstairs. There I saw Anubis sitting on a chair. He reached out and I took his hand. And I woke up. I feel that Anubis is calling me. How can I communicate with him?

3 Likes

Get a statue, or draw/print out his hieroglyphs, burn some incense and pray to him. It’s not complicated.

1 Like

Welcome @Ali_Jack It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

handIntro

I forgot to add that you can say “em hotep” (in peace), and “Dua Anubis” (hail Anubis) as an opener. These can be used for any of the Kemetic gods. If you choose you can opt for the Kemetic spelling, which is said to be either Anpu or Yinepu.
Frankincense and/or myrrh are pretty standard incense for offerings.

3 Likes

Hotep from SetAuSet blessings and peace brother just know that you already are allow your mind to open balance must be attained inside through discipline and meditation Hotep Anubis< learn of him> its in your Blood Chosen of Ammon, Born of Osiris. Hotep theyre with you, just accept it let your mind be free, at sunset face west, evoke his name slow vibrate it within. Leave offering he loves something macabre as the God of death goes wine and incense left at a cross roads. Give to a Pharoah hound foundation. Canis simensis

1 Like

I’m not sure if there was ever a concept of the crossroads in Ancient Egypt, but I do agree about giving to an animal charity. Like someone who does environmental/biological research and work in that area. Also since jackals frequent the dead places, doing something nice for a local cemetery could work too.

Anubis is wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Is there a valid Anubis sigil?

1 Like

Yes, the hieroglyphics of his name, usually transliterated as Anpu. But that is my personal opinion, since I do not lump the Netjeru with demons and demonic sigils. I feel like this is the most “valid” since you are approaching him in a manner befitting his original culture.
Statues and other figural representations of him (even stuffed animals) are really prevalent, and there are tons of images that can be printed off the internet, in addition to lots of free information about him.
Now, don’t put his hieroglyphs in a cartouche, as that is only reserved for pharaohs. It is not necessary to encircle his name or symbol like you would a demonic sigil.

2 Likes

I don’t think egypt had crossroads but the Duat had many layers, I believe Anubis led them towards the final gate? as it was said that the solar barque had to go through all the prior layers before reaching Anpu and his judgement.

Anpu weighs the heart at the soul judgement, then leads the soul on to the Duat I think. Various “demons” are at each gate. The solar barque just travels through the Duat each night, with Ra and Set fighting off evilness, they don’t have anything to do with judgement.

1 Like

Ra no but Set is possibly as Father of Anpu and his his insertion as “friend of the dead”

Set was a friend of the dead, helping them to ascend to heaven on his ladder
2 Likes

Thank you, this so helpful :pray:

His father is usually said to be Osiris.
I don’t recall the association of Set with the dead, but I don’t remember everything.

Set and Nephthys were parents of Anpu but later with Osiris cult taking over and Set being moved from the beneficial God who stood side by side with Horus he lost all association with his children due to the story of him being castrated. So it was believed he could not father any children, but a few deities are said to be his children. Anpu, Sobek, Anpu’s sister as well as his brother Wepwawet. Sobek was considered a child of Set and Neith, but Set also with that change the father of Sobek to Khnum.

1 Like

So I actually had a Dream of them last night, my mother and Father I painted it this morning the symbols I need help understanding pm me if your interested bruh

Forgive my childish rendition it doesn’t truly encompass them by far.
Also this tree

3 Likes

@Anassa any insights on a possible Anubis sigil??

1 Like

What’s wrong with using the hieroglyphs? Remember these gods don’t appear in the grimoires. Any “sigil” is going to be modern.

3 Likes

Well I actually was searching him up on the forums And I ran into this one by V.K. Jehannum

11fe70b22e9aaeb75653f41265eb6e43d16fc01f

I actually tried to Evoke him and used his hymn today I offerd fruit and water, I felt it worked.

1 Like