Anime and the Occult

Are we talking about the western Netflix live action or the Japanese live action? Either way, live action adaptation of anything generally sucks.

3 Likes

not to sound like a pervert i love dxd

6 Likes

Both.

They’re making a live action movie of FMA…I’m a bit scare that it’s just gonna get fucked up.

1 Like

Yeah I saw the previews for it Al looks good but that’s mainly CGI. Maybe we’ll see after Death Note and others IDK if I want to watch it or not.

What guy doesn’t like the power to snap his fingers and boobies pop out. Js and you got my vote lol

2 Likes

It’s out on netflix now. It doesn’t look to great and people already say it sucks plus they cut the whole scene with Chimera.

1 Like

Seriously in the anime that was the most horrifying to me. I mean the guy fused his daughter with a dog

2 Likes

What do you all think of Serial Experiment Lain? Is she a godform, thoughtform? She shapes her own reality and at the end she reshapes everyone elses.
She also takes herself out of the world by having the world forget her original self.

1 Like

I love occultist Anime/TV shows. So much hidden wisdom when you look for the deeper meaning to each episode.

On CrunchyRoll:

Black Clover - Kinda childish, great action, very relatable main characters. Magicians in this world literally receive grimoires instead of wands, a la Harry Potter style. Most recent episode incorporated the tree of life in a very comical way.

Overlord - WoW meets Matrix meets Old Testament. Watch this. Seriously one of the characters names is Demiurge…

JoJo Bizarre Adventure - Vampires vs Occultists. Gets heavy into Egyptian demons and HGA concepts.

Ancient Magus Bride - Havent gotten too deep into it. Pretty sure this is a remix of Babylonian/Sumerian myth, fall of Tiamat/Kundalini to empower man for revenge.

On Netflix:

All of the Fate series - summoning/evoking demons to battle for the Holy Grail.

Adv of Sinbad - Pyramids are dungeons, a demon rewards the Magi who ‘completes’ it.

Magicians - SyFy or Netflix
***Not anime, easily my favorite show of all time. Novels are even better, written by a hardcore Hebrew who is obviously ‘in the know’ regarding the occult teachings hidden in the Torah. Show originally aired in Canada. If you haven’t seen this show, you’re welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve started Black Clover but it’s hard to get into with the Screamer dang that kid is an occult version of Naruto! Otherwise i think it’s good so far.

I’d never thought about JoJo, i’ll have to look into that one. The Fate and Sinbad series i’ve watched some, those are cool :slight_smile: I wouldn’t call Pendragon, Gilgamesh, Alexander the Great or Jeanne D’Arc as Demons but maybe since they are already dead? Gilgamesh is an asshole but he’s amazing lol.

Bluebeard was a bad ass villian, omg that scene with the little boy… that was brutal.

I’m in love with Ancient Magus so far, but i haven’t seen Overlord yet and only a few episodes of The Magicians. I sooo want to get the books for that! It looks really good so far!

I would recommend these, except little boring episodes with Cashim in one series all are quite amusing.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
Magi: Adventures of Sinbad

1 Like

She’s coming… :wink:
Walpurgisnacht-puella-magi-madoka-magica-35303152-419-500

6 Likes

Who is that?

It’s the witch, Walpurgisnacht, from Madoka Magika. I always found it funny they named her that.

5 Likes

Arigatou :blush: I’m guessing she’s powerful I’ll have to watch it

Ya she’s basically a destroyer. It’s a good anime. Don’t be fuller by the “Magical Girl” look, it’s dark.

It’s also got a few movies after the anime too.

1 Like

Strike witches

1 Like

I’m glad Fullmetal Alchemist was mentioned early in the thread. I’m pretty fucking sure one could use a lot of the sigils and circles that they designed in that show.

2 Likes

The Fate series and The Ancient Magus’ Bride.

3 Likes