Ancestor Work

Hi All,

I did use the search function before typing this.

I was told to work with my ancestors, it wasn’t clear what on, but I need to get in contact with them. I put up the names of people in my family who have died, as the beginnings of an alter, but I know there are more. Are there any books on this which you like?

1 Like

Why not in general?

Ancestors can be invoked for practically anything! :slight_smile:

I would start with a small space dedicated to them and some offerings like a glass of water here and there and go from there! What you have done so far is good too!

I do not have a specific book or anything but I do have YT Videos which may be regurgitations of what you have already read.

What do you feel you or your life needs right now?

1 Like

Mmm honestly I’m not certain. My life is in a really peaceful but productive period ATM but is still hectic enough that I’m engaged. I had done a connective-evocation and the biggest answer I got out of it for what I need to do next was to begin ancestor work but it’s lost on me as to what that actually looks like

1 Like

Maybe try this one:

1 Like

No one can really tell you how to practice ancestor work. It is your personal work and connection with your ancestors. It can be as basic as I described or as complex as you like.

Let me look for some videos for a bit and I will circle back.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I’ll look at this, thanks!

1 Like

How far back do you want to go?

2 Likes