Afraid to reach out again. Are Goetia malicious or peaceful?

The spirits like to evoked and set to task on projects where the is strong emotional energy. They use that emotional energy to help them manifest the change. Don’t be afraid to approach them when your down and out. The Goetics are a class that includes spirits that have seen some rough times too so they probably understand.

When I first approached prince Orobas I was scared and lost and low. Nothing in my life was working. I needed a miracle. That’s exactly what he delivered…a miracle.

I’d say get up, dust yourself off and try again.

Since you don’t have clairaudience I’d start with petition spells to the spirits.

3 Likes

My advice is to use a yes and no system for now. A pendulum or the chamalongos of palo mayombe are excellent. And start a meditation routine. This will help to quiet the mind and the spirits voice and sensations will come easily. Reasearch the tradition surrounding a specific spirit and bring offferins of things they like. But a standar offering would be some type of alchohol like rum or some other and incense for now.

Then have them instruct you throug gut feeling eventually you will feel their presence a lot. This is where a little faith is needed. I know that word might stir some controversy but the truth is at the beginning you need lots of faith and practice. Eventually the faith is replaced by knowledge and experience. I hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ve repeated this several times I think. If people want to jump in dangerous waters that’s on them.

No pacts, no possession until you get to know the spirit well

They might ask for your fucking soul

1 Like

I second that. However I make offerings as token of good faith. In African derived traditions we live by the law of equal exchange you must give something to gain something. That is why before we even take a plant from the woods we ask the guardian fo the woods for permission and pay them either coins, rum, tobacco, corn or a combination of the above. Sometimes blood offerings might be needed. That is depending on the work and on your standing with said spirits.

1 Like

Is there a petition method you recommend? I was using Winterfield, but no or worse results there.

1 Like

Try this.its simple and highly effective

I asked this in the other thread but how long has it been?

Don’t ask for fame and expect to be famous in a month lol

What did you ask for?

Edit: Magick is not a guaranteed success, if that was the case everybody would have their crush, everybody could get their ex back, everyone would get consistent hot sex, and everyone would be successful and famous. There is A LOT more that goes into magick and reality than just petitioning Bune for $1 billion dollars

Just saying :face_exhaling:

1 Like

Papa Legba likes rum I think

Currently using a pendulm, but it doesn’t seem to be entirely accurate

I’ll keep reminding myself of this. Even in this forum, someone just said a demon tore their life apart and put them in the hospital. That’s my only real fear here is hearing so many insist that if you ask for help, they’ll insert themselves in your life and basically blow everything up to rearrange your life how they view it to be better for you in the long run. That makes them sound like they’re choosing what happens because it’s what they feel is better for you, regardless of how you feel. I think that’s always been one of my issues with religion is the “God makes you suffer because he knows best bs, and the idea that the pain makes you stronger or leads to better things or opening more doors. That’s never been my experience, but some people seem to believe it because it gives them a reason without questioning it.

2 Likes

Fear is something you need to overcome to get results.
To do any kind of magic out of fear is to doom the result to failure from the start.

1 Like

I tried the petition method 3-4 times before I moved on to evocations. I think I ended up feeling like I maybe needed a specific ritual with specific words to essentially “unlock” the ability to have them hear me and aid me, because everything was failing. Kind of like when someone tries diet after diet or excercise program after excercise program, and doesn’t lose any weight.

1 Like

I totally agree

I’m not doing anything out of fear. As I have said, the only fear comes from hearing those that claim they made a request and demons ignored it, yet destroyed their lives to make it how they felt it should be. I don’t want that.

1 Like

The Demons of the goetia are ancient gods and the ancient gods were personifications of various parts of our universe. There is no actual asking, demanding or petitions or any of that you may think that’s what is happening but you are actually connecting to a part of yourself reflected in the universe. It’s about how you change as a person to become better version of yourself. The changes that happen in magick are within you, your perception of your universe and the more you know the more you perceive the more your views change and in turn your universe or external environment shapes to match your internal. I know that I am a completely different person than I was a couple years ago and my situation is a reflection of that. My beliefs opinions and views about society were rather negative and as they became more positive so did the events in my life. My advice, if you want it, is don’t get wrapped up in other people’s ideas about what magic is because it’s your path and your changes to your self and life.

5 Likes

Blaming everything bad happened to you because of you evoked a demon isn’t right. Just like thinking every good things happened to after you’ve evoked a demon illogical. Life is complicated and things happen don’t blame everything to the occult.

That said I think demons and Angels don’t really care what you ask them unless you become threatening they do what they’re asked if that is within their powers.

I’ve had a lot of failed rituals but none of them backfired. Make sure you choose the appropriate demon and phrase your intention correctly. Also make sure you’re using authentic sources like the books of Gordon Winterfield, EA Koetting, Henry Archer, Theodore Rose to name a few.

2 Likes

That’s fear.

There is nothing in life that is 100% safe. A lot could have happened.
It is easier for people to blame others for their failures and mistakes.

I’m sorry I don’t mean to be rude but
You’ve received good advice from several members of this forum, but you don’t seem to be satisfied with the responses.
I don’t believe you’re going to get some advice exactly how you want to hear it.

4 Likes

I’d take these stories with a grain of salt.
Sometimes shit happens for no reason, and if you were able to make the best of it, or even make your life better, good for you! Maybe an entity helped them cope with what happened, but they didn’t cause it. But of course our brain wants everything to make sense, and chaotic shit happening randomly does not make sense, so they think it must have been a plan.

However, in some cases it might as well be true.

If you want to hear “It’s 100% safe to work with a demon and they’ll do everything as you want” then the answer is No.

4 Likes

That’s how I originally viewed it, as a failed or ignored request, although there were some that insisted that I caused it by asking. I think one could easily see good and bad as life fluctuations. I have done everything suggested above, thank you. It just hasn’t worked, but I’m not giving up yet.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s how I viewed it myself. I think I just wanted to be sure that this alternate view of demons sometimes causing chaos and ruining lives to deliver their own desired result because you opened the gate wasn’t a commonly held belief that I was overlooking.

2 Likes

Imho I don’t think that’s the case unless you asked something that does require disruption. For instance if you ask a demon to get you a certain amount of money you might loose your job not because of spiritual backlash but because in order for the demon to make your wish come true it needs to take out blockages, and your job might preventing you from making more money. When EA made a pact with Azazel to get a flow of wealth he ended up loosing his job only to get something better. Damon Brand in his book Wealth Magick also warns such disruption. But for minor changes I don’t think Magick can be that bad or chaotic.

3 Likes