Just what you see in the title. I’m still practicing astral projection—I’ve made some progress, but I haven’t succeeded yet. Last night I thought that maybe it would be better with the help of someone to guide and assist me—someone who could take care of minor discomforts like aches and itches, as well as tell me what to do and what not to do. Obviously, I don’t know anyone who could do that perfectly, so I thought, “Why not create a servitor for that?” And while I was at it, it occurred to me that it could have intelligence and a certain level of autonomy, like a tulpa. Now, that brings me to several questions: Will it be safe? I mean, I’ve known about the stories on 4chan where users end up going crazy because of their tulpas, but I’ve also read on Reddit about stable, normal relationships with tulpas. Also, how do I go about giving the servitor a personality? You know, that’s the whole point of the tulpa aspect. And finally, what books or guides do you recommend to help me achieve this? I think it goes without saying that this would be the first time I’ve created a thoughtform, and I’m pretty excited—but also a little scared. Anyway, I look forward to your replies. Thanks for reading!
A tulpa is a physical manifestation. This takes years if no decades to develop a physical body for thoughtforms.
What you are talking about is a normal servitor, and Tulpa is an incorrect if pop-culture as a term for these. So…
Those are not tulpas and those people are being very silly. They might be parasitized from not knowing anything about what they are doing. Know how to banish and cleanse, and how to cleanse your servitor if it gets attacked, but program it to be able to feed and cleanse itself anyway.
Servitors can have relationships like AI can have relationships. You program them as you want, they will tell you what you want to hear and be the perfect waifu.
if you want a sovereign spirit (one with a soul and free will) to have a relationship with you’re better off with Djinn, fae or succubi.
Start with the descriptors in the base programming, then for complexity, write stories about you two, think it though, daydream and talk to is as often as possible. It’s all coming from you so let it build over time,
Once you get into point 10 of this tutorial: Servitor Creation Tutorial-How I dos it, in Ten Easy Steps - I assume you already saw this …
Then you can tell it to stay around and talk t it as if it was always with you. The more you do this the more you will feel it and the better it develops. See it as sitting next to you in the car, with you in the kitchen as you make food, on he sofa as you watch tv, and next to you in bed - it’s always around and you will start to feel that it’s responding to what you say as well.
Can you give some advice as how to make a servitor self-cleansing?
I made my wards cleanse space, help me remove parasites, block access to the uninvited, attack back those who try to attack me, also feed off fire, sun, chtonic energy, parasites and negative emotions around me and directed against me. I feel like it’s been going pretty good for a time, but over the past couple of days it’s like they’ve been disappearing.
I was a little worried that maybe I activated the killswitch by mistake, but that seemed unlikely. The other option was that they are attacking someone back and that kept me from investigating further. Just today I was able to call them and cleanse and it seems to me like feeding off parasites and negative emotions seems to have “gunked” them up. With cleansing space I gave them an actual ceremonial protocol for that - would just setting an intention for self cleansing be sufficient? Are there any other blind spots (because I really missed this danger completely) that can turn servitors rogue?
I think you’re 90% of the way there…
Update it to do that for itself as well as you.
That’s might be normal and not about the servitor - is it just for that servitor or have you noticed this for other psychic impressions as well?
it’s a thing where during magickal practice, we suddenly stop getting impressions for a bit as our subconscious minds re-calibrate and then it all comes back stronger. The down time can extend out for weeks though and that’s unpleasant when we usually feel better about a nice linear progression for our magickal development. In this case just keep doing what you do and it’ll come back.
Yes this helps as well, and it can take care of the how.
The only experience I had with going rogue was a servitor became sovereign, and just left to do it’s opwn thing. Which is very me - and it was a copy of me. There was nothing baneful about that servitor and I think that helps the risk.
If you servitor has baneful aspects - beyond self defense which I see as a universal right - under the principle of Like attracts Like that can pull negative energy and attract parasites into your sphere. This might be mitigated already with the protections though.
There is a modern practice that originated on social media ironically called “tulpamancy,” where people, mostly kids, literally create thoughtforms inside their own heads and act like it is an actual spirit. It’s basically willed schizophrenia. We’ve had a few of these supposed practitioners come to this forum and they generally have no knowledge about anything and think giving themselves a mental illness is somehow spiritual.
Thank you, this is very helpful
Well, here it gets kind of complicated. Lately I’ve been having more trouble with imagination and visualisation in general, but from time to time, especially when I enter deeper trance, I get moments of very clear visualisation, clarivoyance, heightened imagination.
Also there is a persistent feeling I’ve been getting, whenever I go “deeper” or closer to center, of fire burning under my feet. Back when it started happening to me for the first time, in October of last year, if I remember correctly, I took it as a good sign of my practice progressing well. Later, in December, I think, during one of my groundings, where I imagined myself a tree in an orchard, exchanging energy with Earth, this fire bellowed up and I was burning whole. This scared me somewhat and stopped from grounding for a time (it was not the best solution).
So I would say that my psychic impressions have become generally worse, but with moments of very high performance, the likes of which I haven’t experienced since childhood. They definitely have become less consistent, but this might relate to my external circumstances as well.
The thing is that after cleansing this ward, it appears on call much more readily and that’s in part why I relate it disappearing to this “gunkiness” or going rogue.
Also when it comes to a baneful aspect - I did explicitely allow it to attack those who attack or want to harm me, but since the servitor’s will is tied to my own, if I misinterpreted someone trying to attack me or harm me, it should still make the servitor attack them and that would not be self- defence anymore, even if I thought it to be so and the servitor programming provided only for that, right?
Yeah, I knew I’d get that answer, but it’s the misused term I was referring to. Although, if there really isn’t a difference, does that mean those “tulpas” of Reddit are just company servitors?
So you’re telling me that giving a servitor a personality, skills, and appearance is as simple as writing a character sheet for an AI roleplay bot?
Yep, that’s what I was talking about; I can’t say I don’t find it interesting.
But what would be the difference between them and us? What sets our servitors apart from their “tulpas”? I mean, as I said above, they seem simply like company servitors.
First off, they co-opted the term “tulpa.” What they create is not a tulpa. Tulpa is a Tibetan word and it refers to an actual physical being created by thought. It is not the same thing as a servitor; it is an autonomous being.
Second, servitors are created externally for physical results. Building an imaginary friend inside your head doesn’t really do much for you.
That’s just one step of the process. You also have to “commit” (since we are using programming language anyway) these changes to the servitor through meditation and focused will. Even then, it will likely come out as shallow, or “wooden” at first. If you want your servitor to have a personality, you have to develop it through your relationship with it. That’s why this suggestion was also made:
Yes. If you look up the origin of the word, it has a clear definition historically, that reddit doesn’t get to rewrite for roleplay purposes. I’ve been in discord server where these people pretend to “channel” these things and that’s all it is. But groups of weeaboo anime fans don’t get to redefine language for the rest of the world.
They get really crazy with it and take the UPG way too far. One server I saw get totally destroyed over UPG (if you can cal it that) from “tulpa spirit companions” telling the server mods that perfectly normal members were “psychically attacking” the others, and they just kicked 3/4 of the server for no reason.
I normally defend “cultural appropriation” as innocent inspiration, but here I think it’s just kids trying to be special, but getting all co-opted into shitty identity politics and and excuse to play princess. It’s fake and ghey.
Here’s what a Tulpa actually is:
Nooooo - that was step 9 or something in Keteriya’s tutorial, and you have to actually do the work as well
… and then you have content for the sheet. It’s an aid.
Here’s some example sheets from free servitors made for the forum by @pluto1
Intention. Intention is everything.
@Mulberry Okay, I understand, but I have one last question. Will my servitor know something just because I programmed it to know? I intend for one of my servitor’s functions to be to alleviate my physical pain, but I’m no doctor and I don’t know anything about medicine.
Yes it should. Because it has access to he subconscious, which can get any info ever known.
My take on this is that since these terms developed separately (tulpa & servitor) in different communities that making distinctions between them can be difficult. People who are defining tulpas don’t do so with servitors in minds, and people defining servitors aren’t keeping tulpas in mind.
Now the techniques for making tulpas can be varied. Some techniques are very similar to making a servitor and I believe that is what they are doing. But other tulpamancers are using techniques that more about dividing up the psyche.
So the I’d define tulpamancy in two ways (this is from an occult perspective, I doubt they would self define this way). One, tulpamancers are creating servitors whose primary purpose is companionship. Two, tulpamancers are creating deliberate splits in their personalities.
And finally, what books or guides do you recommend to help me achieve this?
Magickal Servitors by Damon Brand - first book I read in the subject and one of the best for the basics. With a little creativity you could create what you are looking for with just this book.
Create a Servitor: Harness the Power of Thought Forms by John Kreiter - I use Brand’s book primarily but addon charging techniques from this one. It also useful to see another perspective.
Create a Servitor Companion by John Kreiter - I haven’t used this one but it seems to be what you are looking for. It has a chapter on creating teaching servitors.
Familiar Spirits: A Practical Guide for Witches & Magicians by Donald Tyson - I read this one recently and if you can find it I think it could standalone for what you want. I think there is going to be a reprint in October.
See if any of these spark your intuition.
