Your Personal Experience Evoking the 9 Goetic Kings

I’ve called some of them before, but not all. Over a period of time I plan to do a series of evocations for all 9 Kings of the Goetia, focusing on one at a time, for the purpose of ascent. Currently I’m gathering materials, figuring out schedule, and all that sort of prep work.

I’d like to hear your personal experience evoking these kings, so that I can figure out my budget and resources here. In your experience, how accurate or how far off are the descriptions and rituals in the Goetia? Did you find that you really need to wear a cap, wear a silver ring on your left middle finger and hold it against your face, use a hazel wand, draw a circle to prevent death from demon breath, give only offerings of gold or blood, etc. etc.? Who did you find to have a preference for being called in a specific place or timeframe? What did you do that you attribute to the evocation’s success or failure?

Every and any personal experience that you’d care to share is appreciated.

2 Likes

[quote=“Salpinx, post:1, topic:6325”]I’ve called some of them before, but not all. Over a period of time I plan to do a series of evocations for all 9 Kings of the Goetia, focusing on one at a time, for the purpose of ascent. Currently I’m gathering materials, figuring out schedule, and all that sort of prep work.

I’d like to hear your personal experience evoking these kings, so that I can figure out my budget and resources here. In your experience, how accurate or how far off are the descriptions and rituals in the Goetia? Did you find that you really need to wear a cap, wear a silver ring on your left middle finger and hold it against your face, use a hazel wand, draw a circle to prevent death from demon breath, give only offerings of gold or blood, etc. etc.? Who did you find to have a preference for being called in a specific place or timeframe? What did you do that you attribute to the evocation’s success or failure?

Every and any personal experience that you’d care to share is appreciated.[/quote]

I’ve worked with each of the nine demonic kings,individually,even if for just one evocation,safe for Asmodeus.And even then,I’ve read thoroughly on Asmoday.

I contact Paimon,very frequently,he’s a personal mentor of mine,and one of my best friends,a great teacher,and a miracle worker.

I contact Belial,very frequently,and he’s another mentor of mine,though,not nearly as close to me as Paimon.He’s a good friend of mine,and he’s awesome,he,too,is a miracle worker.

I contact Bael,very frequently,especially when I wish to avoid harm(be it physical danger,emotional pain,and any other kind of pain),and he’s cool,although,I consider him more of a business partner,for now.

I’ve contacted Zagan,a couple of times,for petty reasons like making me undetectable whenever I wander around the house at night(so my dad doesn’t wake up and yell at me),as well as hiding things in general.He’s good,but I have yet to work with him more.

I’ve contacted Beleth,once,and posted about it recently on here.I asked him to help me with learn mathematics,because there was a legend that said he was very good at that,and I have yet to tap into his romantic potential.Beleth was good to me,and the results in maths were good,although,I like Thoth better.

I’ve contacted Balam once,when I was very young and I didn’t have such a good experience.I basically needed money for a really frivolous goal(won’t share what I wanted to buy) and he told me that he won’t do it,that that goal was stupid,and at the time I got offended,and dismissed him.I’m sure that now that I’m more mature,we may have had some amazing discoveries.

,I’ve called on Vine,once,and had amazing results,he helped me remove some major obstacles from my ascent.He is not one of my frequent demonic buddies,but he is very good at removing things that aren’t making me happy,and eliminating bad stuff.

And finally there’s Purson.Purson is a demon I’ve called on several times,for the purpose of studying for tests,because he answers about all things on this Earth,AND he makes you remember stuff you forgot,so that second one is why I call on him for tests.

Which one of these experiences do you want me to elaborate on?

4 Likes

Purson is the go to for Divination, though I have worked with him only a few times. I frwquently consult Zagan for ALCHEMY.

1 Like

Asmoday/Asmodeus
Did you wear a cap or keep your head bare for the evocation? The Goetia says to keep one on if you want him to tell the truth, but I’ve read from other articles that you should keep your head bare. How did he make his entrance? What is his demeanor? I keep hearing that he’s the guy for lust and destruction, but what else does he do, what does he give, that isn’t mentioned in grimoires?

Bael
How does this king make his entrance? How does his presence feel? What’s the best time and setting in which to evoke him? Grimoires say he grants invisibility, but I’ve read accounts that say he does the opposite - he makes you more prominent and highly visible, by making you seem impressive and noble to others. How does his abilities manifest to you?

Beleth
Is the hazel wand, silver ring, and drawing of the triangle necessary? Did you notice anything of note, if you didn’t use those things? Beleth has two sigils. Which one, in your experience, was more effective? What’s Beleth’s demeanor and presence like? This thing I’ve read in other threads about Beleth causing madness, did you experience anything even remotely like that?

Balam
I’m most unfamiliar with this one. Interesting that you called him for money. I didn’t know he handles that. So far I’ve only read that he makes men witty and grants invisibility. But that’s two things that a ton of other demons grant. How is his approach distinctive? What are his other specialties? Is there anything about him, apart from appearance, to distinguish him from other demons?

Viné
Curious, you mention that he can remove obstacles. I’ve found that Belial does the same, as a circumstance and event manipulator. How does Viné’s approach differ? Anything special that I should have on hand when evoking Viné?

Zagan
He’s known for alchemy and concealment. My question is about his skills in alchemy. Since I’m not looking to turn base metals into gold, or water into wine, how can he grant alchemy in the figurative sense - generally, making good situations or objects out of what we’ve got? Anything special to keep handy when evoking Zagan?

Purson
Another one known for alchemy and divination. My question about Zagan goes for Purson as well. And how do the two differ in their approaches in alchemy? On that same note, how is Purson’s approach to divination different from the other kingly divinators? What is his presence and personality like? What are some good tips on how to start off on the right foot with Purson?

For the most part the Goetic evocation rituals are overly glamorized. You don’t need any of the things they talk about. The only things necessary are yourself and the sigil.

This topic is strangely perfect in it’s timing (I seem to find that a lot when using this forum.) I have the same goal, of eventually working with all nine. I’m sure this is a common ambition, and that many have done this. I would imagine other members here will post some good replies for both of us to read. Obviously I’m not much use on this one, as I’m starting out too. I’ve done a bit with two so far, and researching a third.

Have you seen EA’s video, where he evokes the 9 demonic kings? [url=http://www.becomealivinggod.com/rituals/evocation-of-the-9-demonic-kings.php]http://www.becomealivinggod.com/rituals/evocation-of-the-9-demonic-kings.php[/url]
You will notice that he certainly doesn’t use all the trappings of those antiquated goetic rituals. I think the right attitude is far more important. I say do some sigil meditation, prior to a full evocation. You will know when you have made contact. Tell them how you’d like to get to know them, what you are hoping they can help you with, what you can offer in return. 1 thing about Lord Asmoday, don’t call on him when you are drunk or whatever. He wants to know that you are serious and it helps if you show respect. Around the 3rd time I called on him, he told me that I needn’t address him as “Lord”. Ultimately, he wants empowered individuals, not grovellers.

3 Likes

Most of the knowledge on offerings is bullshit. What is actually a really good offering is energy. That is actually what they are looking for. Now there are all sorts of energy in this world and so depending on what you are asking will tell what sort of offering must be brought foreward.

1 Like

[quote=“Salpinx, post:4, topic:6325”]Asmoday/Asmodeus
Did you wear a cap or keep your head bare for the evocation? The Goetia says to keep one on if you want him to tell the truth, but I’ve read from other articles that you should keep your head bare.[/quote]

Possibly relevant note - I have portals open to many spirits in our Temple/bedroom set-up, and his is right above the head of the bed, through his own choice.

And we don’t wear hats in bed…

2 Likes

I don’t take the Goetia too literally, since the writers put a bunch of blinds in it, and it expresses considerate anti-demon bias. Then again, not all of the writing is bs. So what to believe? I think that the personal, honest experiences of people who have worked with these kings in question can settle this.

Interesting note about Asmoday. Good to know that he’d rather you call him sober - I tend to do this sort of thing sober, though I know some magicians prefer to perform magic while high or intoxicated to enhance the experience. By the way, is this the same demon king who supposedly kept killing some woman’s new husband every time she got remarried, because Asmoday wanted the woman for himself? Not sure what to believe about that, either. Who can confirm from personal experience what he’s really about?

As an aside, I did see that video. I’m thinking that I’ll evoke each demon king in the order that EA organized them on that whiteboard.

Lady E, does that place his portal in the north, south, west or east? Or did he choose that spot for the fact that it’s above the head of your bed?

About energy offerings. That’s a great tip, thanks. I was thinking that my material offerings weren’t really cutting it, especially for kings. Perhaps for a different thread, but how to offer the energy in the world? I’m guessing that you’ll have to take it into yourself first, and then give it out to the demon?

1 Like

Asmoday/Asmodeus
Did you wear a cap or keep your head bare for the evocation? The Goetia says to keep one on if you want him to tell the truth, but I’ve read from other articles that you should keep your head bare. How did he make his entrance? What is his demeanor? I keep hearing that he’s the guy for lust and destruction, but what else does he do, what does he give, that isn’t mentioned in grimoires?

Bael
How does this king make his entrance? How does his presence feel? What’s the best time and setting in which to evoke him? Grimoires say he grants invisibility, but I’ve read accounts that say he does the opposite - he makes you more prominent and highly visible, by making you seem impressive and noble to others. How does his abilities manifest to you?

Beleth
Is the hazel wand, silver ring, and drawing of the triangle necessary? Did you notice anything of note, if you didn’t use those things? Beleth has two sigils. Which one, in your experience, was more effective? What’s Beleth’s demeanor and presence like? This thing I’ve read in other threads about Beleth causing madness, did you experience anything even remotely like that?

Balam
I’m most unfamiliar with this one. Interesting that you called him for money. I didn’t know he handles that. So far I’ve only read that he makes men witty and grants invisibility. But that’s two things that a ton of other demons grant. How is his approach distinctive? What are his other specialties? Is there anything about him, apart from appearance, to distinguish him from other demons?

Viné
Curious, you mention that he can remove obstacles. I’ve found that Belial does the same, as a circumstance and event manipulator. How does Viné’s approach differ? Anything special that I should have on hand when evoking Viné?

Zagan
He’s known for alchemy and concealment. My question is about his skills in alchemy. Since I’m not looking to turn base metals into gold, or water into wine, how can he grant alchemy in the figurative sense - generally, making good situations or objects out of what we’ve got? Anything special to keep handy when evoking Zagan?

Purson
Another one known for alchemy and divination. My question about Zagan goes for Purson as well. And how do the two differ in their approaches in alchemy? On that same note, how is Purson’s approach to divination different from the other kingly divinators? What is his presence and personality like? What are some good tips on how to start off on the right foot with Purson?[/quote]

Like I said,I’ve never worked with Asmoday.I have considered,several times,but the sigil was too hard to draw(no seriously!that’s my excuse!),so I didn’t bother with it,going instead for old cheap tricks.

Now,in order…

Bael appeared to me by materializing in the darkness.I saw him in the form of a human king,who’s entire lower half was surrounded by grey mist.The mist formed on both his left and right side,materializing into a spectral cat,and a ghostly toad.The two spirit animals merged into physical ones,as they melted into the kingly man,and the entire lower half of their body turned into a spider,much like the illustration made by Collin De Plancy in Le Dictionaire Infernale.

His presence felt demonic,obviously.Other than that,it made me feel shivers,but I can’t say much about his presence becasue that first evocation also contained Belial,Paimon and Azazel,so it’s hard to attribute any of those facts to any of the others.

His power manifested for me in invisibility.Making me unnoticeable,keeping me as far away from people I don’t want to encounter,hardening my emotions so I’m more fearless,making sure that physical harm doesn’t hurt me and humiliation doesn’t repeat in my mind.

You may have seen EA’s evocation of Bael,where he mentions that Bael is a master of transformation and transfiguration,and I couldn’t agree more!

1 Like

My evocation with Beleth wasn’t really an evocation.It was sigil magic,and it was only once.He helped me study maths.He was friendly,somewhat strict,but willing to work with me.I’ve only used one sigil for Beleth,this one:http://www.sacred-magick.com/img/Goetia/Beleth2.gif

And I hadn’t used any other.I did not have a hazel wand,silver ring,and triangle.

Purson’s alchemy manifests as the ability to create something from nothing,which is to say the Devil’s Stone ritual,spellcasting,and to teach you how you can get results on certain spells,and make specific alterations,through such methods.So,that’s how Purson’s alcheym differs from Zagan’s.

When Zagan speaks of alchemy,concealment and deception,he is much like Lucifuge in the sense that he teaches you to be invisible,to stay hidden,to make sure other people don’t stumble onto the same ideas as you do,and to basically just hide stuff.There wasn’t anything specific to keep in mind when evoking Zagan,or Purson.

Vine is described as the wall-breaker.He is the one who breaks down walls with storms.The storms obviously being magick,and the walls being anything standing in your way.His approach is an aggressive one,as he makes you look for the truest culprit.Like,you’re not really lazy,you’re just procrastinating too much.ANd you’re procrastinating too much,because you’re not drawn to the work you’re doing,so what he does is he makes sure the work seems more fun.Basically things like that,trace it all the way until you find something you can destroy,destroy it and watch it all unfurl.

Whereas Belial simply aligns circumstances.He makes chain reactions.

And yes,Balam is good with money,apparently.I haven’t worked with him beyond that one time,so I have no concrete information.

1 Like

No, that is Asmodeus, who is a demon of Lust in the Book of Tobit, though Asmoday may be the same demon in the Ars Goetia.

1 Like

No, that is Asmodeus, who is a demon of Lust in the Book of Tobit, though Asmoday may be the same demon in the Ars Goetia.[/quote]

Asmodeus is just another name for Asmoday.

Also the same demon who defied King Solomon and fed his ring to a giant fish.

All the same demonic king.

Asmoday/Asmodeus.

1 Like

Belial is also the Opposite of Vine in the sense thag he has the ability to hold an entire structure togethor. That is where Belial then makes changes by Re-arranging things. Even though Belial also has the ability to find the culprit, he is not really concerned with that as he just focus’s on controlling things. He will destroy an individual however if said individual gets in the say.

North.

I didn’t ask why to be honest, I was “pregnant” with demonic energy (this stuff), so it just happened!

By the way, is iron the metal anathema to Goetian spirits? I’ve heard that about the fae, but recently read somewhere that this applies to spirits of the Goetia too. If so, I’m going to have to buy a new incense burner.

Belial rules the Northern Sphere. This is because he is the Master of the Physical Earths domain and all things that go with it. North is the direction of Manifestation and Material Wealth. An interesting aside, he replaces “Peter the Rock” in the Bible… But then Rock is symbolic of the physical sphere which is if the North. Peter as a Persona is hardly a personallity fit for Ruling the Northern physical sphere, where Belial basically knocked him off his thrown and took over. Now of course, using a bit if humour (as some may nOt understand it so I will lay it out)…

Peter could be also a sexual referrence to Gods Penis, which in occult terms in referrence to Belial as he rules the sexual impulse, where Belial utilizes Sexual Alchemy (to force if necessary as Belial WILL rule with a WILL to dominate and take what he wants through any means necessary even if it means destroying all resistance) to birth and transform things. This of course requires a certain knowledge regarding such matters, as Belial is one of the true Gods ( with a Penis Peter and a pair left) in todayz age fit for ruling the Earth as others are too “Mild and Meek” in comparativr strength.

1 Like

You can’t take a 20th Century slang and backdate it to the First Century A.D., especially since he was Aramaic so everyone would have called him Kephas, which has no Penis connection at all. This would be akin to looking at a phrase like, “Be fruitful and multiply” and deciding that means that God just really likes mathematics.

Aside from that, I find the rest of how Belial seems to be a counter to Peter very interesting. As Jesus is commonly accused by the Pharisees of working miracles by Belial. But instead of building his church on the power of Belial, he builds it on the weakness of Peter, which was what he intended. Jesus was all for becoming the weaker person. In his own mythos he left his godhood to become a man without all those flashy things that gods can do. The compilers of the gospels were very intent on pointing that out, especially Luke.