YHVH vs. Yahweh (Kabbalists, GOM, and Damien Echols)

As many of you know, the “secret” name of god in the Hebrew faith is YHVH.

This “secret” name has come to be pronounced as “Yahweh”.

However, in the work of the Gallery of Magick, the pronunciation is EE-AH-OH-EH (or something similar), and in the work of Damien Echols, the pronunciation is Yayhowah.

These two latter sources often present the name as a vibratory formula and leave out the literal diety aspect.

So my question to you is, do you see YHVH as a literal being or as a vibratory formula?

Personally, I wish it was just a vibratory formula, as this would make all the Golden Dawn Kabbalistic excerises that include YHVH non conflicting.

However knowing that Yahweh was considered a jealous diety, it makes it difficult to use his name to represent the highest divinity.

Can YHVH be seperated from Yahweh? Or are the two so closely linked that any attempt to work with one you automatically call up the unpleasant aspects.

Again, I really wish YHVH just meant “source” or “all” as Kabbalist’s usually put forth, but history seems to say otherwise.

2 Likes

YHVH is, and has always been, a vibratory formula. It’s not actually meant to be pronounced.

Well, so were Zeus and Thor. Zeus was an abusive father and insecure ruler who was afraid he would be overthrown by his children the same way he overthrew his own father, Chronos and he demanded worship from humans or he would threaten to smite them. Thor committed genocide for fun in actual Norse mythology, not the whitewashed nonsense that is being peddled these days, so I don’t know why people always get so bent out of shape over the Israelite god being jealous. He’s not exactly unique in the regard. Hell, Greek mythology alone is full of gods who turned humans into monsters just because they happened to possess talents or skills that were envied. Both Aphrodite and Athena were well known for doing that kind of thing, for example.

Not history, but linguistic scholars. The problem stems from the variety of different sources left available to us, and the different languages in which the word was written. Aramaic, proto-Hebrew, Greek, Coptic and Biblical Hebrew, all present the letters slightly differently. And observant Jews do not pronounce the word at all, but instead replace it with Adonai or Elohim.

Some sources also pronounce the Tetragammaton as IAO, (the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew YVH) which is another vibratory formula in ceremonial magick.

3 Likes

I have a question: I banish regularly using the lbrp. The god names that I’m vibrating, are they in reference to the Source or to Yahweh? I’m confused by this.

1 Like

@alicia92 YHWH. Eheieh is a variant of YHWH, Adonai is the word you use when you don’t WANT to say YHWH, and AGLA is an Acronym where the last A is Adonai. Atah Gibor Liolam Adonai. Thou art great forever O Lord.

4 Likes

The LBRP is a bit of a mess when you really break it down

Yeah I substitute YHVH with IAO whenever I find it necessary.

Have you had any experience working with Yahweh that you’d like to share?

1 Like

I’ve never worked with the Semitic deity Yahweh. I use YHVH only as a vibratory formula within traditional ceremonial magick.

It’s interesting to note that Yahweh was originally a storm and war god along the same lines as Ba’al Hadid and in fact both shared the same pantheon, with EL being the actual supreme deity. It wasn’t until the Babylonian captivity that Yahweh was eventually merged with EL and the Semitic people became monotheistic (when you think about it, it makes sense that a captive people would embrace a war god after their defeat by their enemies).

6 Likes

I generally believe that but the evidence for yhwh outside of Judaism is rather inconclusive at this point. It COULD be.

1 Like

What do you think came first, YHVH the vibratory formula or Yahweh the diety?

2 Likes

While there is no conclusive agreement on Yahweh’s exact origin or the etymology of his name, there is evidence of his emergence as a divine warrior associated with several desert kingdoms, including Canaan, and his worship goes as far back as the Late Bronze Age. The biggest problem, though, is that his name is not mentioned anywhere outside of Israelite sources. The Kenenite hypothesis, which is plausible but not universally agreed upon by scholars, posits that Yahweh was actually brought to Israel by traders from the south, who moved between Egypt and Canaan.

The deity. He existed prior to the emergence of Judaism, from which the Tetragammaton originates.

4 Likes

When you put it like that it makes it hard to argue that the vibratory formula came first.

Now my question is, when you use the vibratory formula YHVH, do you believe you are invoking Yahweh? Or is it something different?

1 Like

I think it is important to note that Yahweh was originally a Semitic deity, not a Judaic one. Though in modern times the word is almost always used in reference to the Jewish people, Semitic actually refers to a specific group of languages within the Afro-Asiatic family and includes not just Hebrew but also Akkadian, Arabic and Phoenician.

I see it as a Divine Name that invokes power, not a specific deity. In Kabbalah, the Hebrew alphabet is believed to be a divine language in its own right, thus vibrating its syllables are considered to be sonic keys to various aspects of divinity, similar to the way Sanskrit is utilized within Hinduism.

6 Likes

Interesting. From that perspective, it’s almost like Yahweh had to exist in order for the formula of YHVH to be unveiled.

Kind of like the myth of the Morning Star needing to exist for Lucifer to be unveiled.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, @Mulberry believes Yahweh was a man. I’d love to get their take on the subject.

And how do you choose to vibrate YHVH? Do you do the letters individually?

Yes, that is how it is traditionally vibrated, with each syllable elongated.

Each divine Name has a particular resonance, with different effect. The Name EL, for example, though powerful, feels very light in comparison to YHVH and, according to Henry Archer in his book The Magick of Angels and Demons, does not cause demons to cower the way other divine Names can.

4 Likes

Yes from a historical perspective tearing the bible stories as documented history, not all of them only symbolic, the yahweh that was possibly the same person as jehova, basically a psycopathic cult leader and idolatrous replacement for the work. Though yhwh vah is another vibe as well. I suspect he/they took the idea and inserted himself/ themselves, as a means of control, but that’s just me.

My feeling is, then, that is what “worship” has become for most jci, merely idolatry of a named personality. And this is a corruption, that has now been extended to all spiritual figures, and then the historical event of that lost with the records or memories of the people that caused this confusion in the first place.

But the original practice of “worship” is vibrating, feeling, reveling in, and recognizing the source and how you are one with it, that you are god and god is you. It’s got nothing to do with organised religion with its celebrity personages. And some jci do treat it that way, to be fair, but many don’t.

But I’m probably also confused to as I know little of this practice but my impression is the yhvh vibration is just one of these vibrations not the whole thing. Echols explained that this vibing, or is it the middle pillar, treating the spheres of the sephiroth like chakras (knowing they are not, they are thoughtform which is also what I personally see the modern day use of chakras to have become) is a newer practice invented by Israel Regardie intended to help develop the lightbody.

So what the difference is between vibrating yhvh, and reveling in your being connected to Source, is one, is this dumbed down affect not the entire thing. Maybe that is supposed to be easier and faster to achieve?

I don’t know, but for the same reason I don’t create chakra thoughtforms in my being, I don’t do this practice of creating sephirothic thoughtforms or doing the middle pillar. I do gigong, which Echols thinks is too complicated, though in my mind although it’s technical it’s easier, like understanding the emf soectrum vs singing the rainbow. This analogy also explains why I call the Regardie practices from the golden dawn “dumbed down” snd think of them as oversimplistic if not childish.

And the risk with that, again, is humans taking it too literally, turning it all into celebrity cultishness instead of internal work. … “Put away your childish things” - dude knew what he was talking about, but few pay real attention., which is difficult when much info was drunterstellet obscured by the church, such as very obviously with Constanting throwing out 42 books of the Bible including the spiritually hugely valuable gospel of Thomas that talk about this stuff.

6 Likes

Constantine never threw out books of the Bible, the established Church leadership simply never accepted them because they viewed the paradigm of Gnosticism (which regarded the material body as evil, with the societal implications of that belief being rampant suicide and adultery) as a heresy. Origen in the 230’s gave a complete list of what was considered the NT long before Constantine came on the scene, demonstrating the exoteric and orthodox leadership simply regarded the esoteric dissidents as members of an altogether different faith. Constantine has absolutely nothing to do with anything regarding the history of the scriptures, norhing.

1 Like

I reccomend looking into the practices of Abraham Abulafia for more of the spiritual significance of YHVH. He had some very unique and debatably heretical ideas about this name and how to utilize its powers. Aryeh Kaplan in his book Meditation and Kabbalah has a lot of insight as well. Far as the historical significance, as mentioned earlier, its a rabbit hole in and of itself. I personally work with the divine names, but i dont consider them simply as formulae…i work with them as if they are actually conscious divine entities as well as vibratory formulae. How we perceive these things has a huge impact on the way they affect us. Since the judeo/christian paradigm is cringe for a lot of us, consider each divine name as a living manifestation of the divine mother, since the elevation of ones connection to the shekinah (holy spirit/divine feminine) holds the key to accessing the wisdom and power contained within these names. Sometimes theres a lot more going on behind the veil than the historical context, and getting too caught up in the “how and why” can dilute our perspective of whats really happening here. Working with these names has unlocked downright psychedelic experiences numerous times in my life

2 Likes

Damien Echols for the record… in his book angels and archangels admits that he works in the current of Enlil which he describes is the same current YHVH

I’ve been telling people on the forum for ages, Jewish magick is from the Enlil faction that wanted suppress human evolution

Enkis magick is different, from what he’s taught me he uses more Latin words as well as vowels, his current of magick is much more powerful than YHVH, and he’s also revealed to me the true vibratory formula of YHVH, not the sick twisted judaic one.

It’s an actual formula but it’s not Hebrew at all. It’s more Tibetan and Egyptian than anything else if you ask, but even those people just learned from the universal mind, Enki is just the eye of God, so these practices become much more clearer through him. Yahweh likes to twist things as you can see through history and the numerous booby trapped books, as well as his worship in freemasonry. These things become quite clear. I don’t consider Echols as a reliable source, his magick is still very traditional in my opinion which keeps magick in a box, it limits consciousness

He still has a lot to catch up on, in my opinion

1 Like