Ye are gods ... Back to basics I guess

slither slither nah I think she has alot to say and is honestly a role model regarding law and stuff like that but shes so advanced that I’m just sticking to slowly building myself up. I’ve been debating over the past few days whether or not to make a topic regarding the fact that I think I’ve reached a point in my journey where I’ve got my mental health fairly sorted and now I want to go down the path of fully getting the mundane sorted and taken care of to a point where I can start messing with that real deep magic that tends to throw things out of whack and rearrange them better. That being said one of my core beliefs is that the basics are the most important things you will ever learn so my main focus in all magic is to get super duper good at the basics because I feel like that will help me a lot more than any one ritual could. And even if I was able to get really good at a few rituals I think there are some rituals that I will need the basics for. So I am taking my time and building myself up slowly.

4 Likes

Oh definitely I agree. The will and the mind are the key and if they aren’t strong your ritual daggers might as well be wet noodles and your candles might as well be wet and under the ocean :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Some beginners guide to energy manipulation and scanning and tell them to focus on that for a while :joy:

5 Likes

um, i prefer the term “snowflake” :triumph: :raised_hand: :stop_sign:

7 Likes

twinkle twinkle? (what fucking sounds so those make😭)

2 Likes

Tealights or flameless candles, a small essential oil diffuser, either an obsidian mirror, bowl or quartz sphere, pen and paper.

2 Likes

I ssswear I have no idea of that which you ssssspeak

5 Likes

:snake:we are entirely normal "chews on dead rat

5 Likes

A tea light candle, a vial of water, an incense cone, a box of matches, a small bag of sand, a broken knife, a stick snapped in two, a mirror, a copy of “Equipment” by Edgar Guest, a copy of “The Man in the Glass” by Dale Whimbrow, a guide to meditation, and a note saying “see through a child’s eyes”

3 Likes

Actually, a survival knife kit itself could work with the matches and knife, plus a full first aid kit and full swiss army knife. These can be useful for many occult things.

1 Like

a mala/prayer-beads

1 Like

excellent answer.

1 Like

Excellent answer.

Then just practice the rituals that you have (if they don’t cause disruption). Practicing magick in itself advances your basic magickal skills, some of which can only be advanced by practicing magick. What you need to develop will be developed by practicing magick. And you transform your life in the meantime.

If chaos in your life as a means to bring you strength doesn’t appeal to you, know that it is not the only way to get true strength and change. The same can be gained in a gentle way with magick.
With Mystical Words of Power for example, a week or two will go by and you can be completely shocked at how much you have changed and grown, but it happened in such a gentle manner you didn’t even realize how much changed until you think about it, even though you may even be unrecognizable from your former self.

5 Likes

Also on this, some will not like the idea that they suffered so greatly to change, while they didn’t need to suffer in the first place, but they should not have called on destructive forces if they did not want destruction.
Different spirits can give you the same thing if you ask them, but they have a different style of working.
Say you ask to make someone fall in love with you: some spirits can tear their life apart till they are weak enough and place you in the right spot for things to happen, others can make them suffer mentally until they give in, while others can accomplish it by making them notice your attractive qualities, or by greatly increasing any love or attraction that is already there.

Every force has its place in the universe. Don’t call upon the forces of destruction when you build something up, and don’t call upon forces that build up when you wish to tear down.
When you seek internal change, you usually seek to transmute something, so call upon the appropriate forces, not the forces of chaos and destruction unless you really want to be wounded in the process.

6 Likes

Are we tailoring it to a specific tradition?

1 Like

No. Im from the Golden Dawn side originally, though considering Thelema.

3 Likes

An odd trip to the Doillar Tree on this …

Thank you … Orobas or ?? Funny how many useful items were just laying flat on the shelves for pickup…I have mine started :slight_smile:

I’d probably attune them myself, and get it the fuck over with

But sure, read the tao te ching while you’re at it, why not lol