Yahweh vs. Source

According to a recent Damien Echols video, the HGA is the God of the Old Testament (Yahweh).

In the same video he suggests that Yahweh is the creator of our world not the universe.

Also according to Echols, the ancient Mesopotamian storm god Enlil got transmitted to the Jews as YHVH, or Yahweh, another storm god.

So, putting this all together, it is Enlil who is creator of our world.

Now, from a literal aspect this makes sense. If you lived tribally thousands of years ago, then the weather and storms/rain dictated your livelyhood. Without the right weather, crops would not grow and people would starve.

So from this point of view, Enlil and Yahweh are personifications of the more harsh and brutal aspects of nature, but also the majesty that good weather brings to crops and everyday life.

This is why Enki in ancient myths always sides with the humanity, as he is Enlils opposite.

Nature vs. Humans, a story as old as time.

To overcome the demiurge, that harsh aspect of nature (and ones nature), you must become one with it and realize it is a part of you, and that both of you come from the same source.

6 Likes

This reminds me when Yahweh (appeared) to be away with Moses & the Israelites made themselves a idol god.

Mind elaborating?

When Yahweh appeared to be away some of the Israelites had Moses brother Aaron & company make themselves an idol God they can see. I think it’s better if you go read the story for yourself. You can start with Exodus 33 & remember it’s all connected (what’s before and after Exodus 33).

1 Like

Interesting take, I’m still a little torn between YHWY and the source.
Especially when seeing YHWY as the demiurge, because that is a gnostic take on it’s essence. As the gnostics state it, it was the Sophia that is at the core of the creation of this universe. Be it as consciously creating a a place for her offspring to dwell or as a by-product of creating something that had no place where the Sophia originates from.
As I understand the gnostic creation story. The demiurge just went on creating within this universe, but The Source would be either the Sophia or the lingering Sophia energy. Pretty much linked to the demiurge, but not the demiurge itself.

But… it is just one take on a very heavily symbolic creation myth and who knows how faulty that story is?

1 Like

Yahweh put in this sentence is accurate, but wasn’t YHVH (the teragrammaton) reffersing to smth else? and had nothing to do with the judaic god?

I 100% agree with this

This is why I opt for the nature hypothesis. I see the Gods mostly as embodiments of natural forces that end up with a life of their own in the astral.

I have the post screenshot somewhere where someone claimed there’s a council of rabbis that command yhwh and he’s their kaikodaemon that takes orders from them to influence this matrix, not the other way around.

I can’t believe with what we generally know that he is the demiurge since humans and other religions have been around a lot longer than the Israelites.

On Joe Rogan, Roseanne Barr said yhwh is an ancient a.i., and she was too kooky to really elaborate but it was an interesting idea nonetheless despite her not being a reliable scholarly source lol

I’m not a fan of echols at all. I used to be an associate of William Ramsey so that says enough, but if you follow echols then you should listen closely to what he says and also be extra skeptical since he’s affiliated with so many weird celebrities. So who knows who and where he gets his ideas from and what he’s allowed to share.

I’m not happy come to think of it that I spent hours years ago, calculating my HGAs name using math and astrology charts, and the name is in Hebrew but a lot of creepy signs and syncs happened after that but also reflected names and events decades ago when I was a toddler. What a weirdo world this is!

1 Like

He could be tho. Just because he was revealed to the Iseralites as Yahweh doesn’t mean he couldn’t have been revealed as an earlier name to an earlier people (namely, Enlil in ancient Mesopotamia). In Echols book, he describes exactly this.

What is William Ramsey all about? Why aren’t you a fan of Echols?

Well they did appropriate a lot from the Babylonians, Egyptians, and Greeks but yhwh I believe is fairly easy to break down as to how they came up with him and he’s basically a conglomerate of the powerful gods in the area at the time like El, Ea, Enlil, and even Enki.

YHWH was believed to be a son of El, the highest source.

This tracks with Echols saying that source created both humans and the demiurge.

I believe Ea and Enki are also the same god.

The Watchers book by Ars Aurora which is free on Kindle unlimited, neatly breaks it down that yhwh is a combination of: yhwh the original storm god, Ea, El, Enki, and Enlil. That’s why he’s also so jealous, wrathful, bipolar one era and then so loving and merciful the next. Enlil hated humanity and wanted them punished and destroyed while the others were more benevolent.

My family ancestry doesn’t have any relation to that part of the world so I don’t feel concerned or connected with the Abrahamic paradigm which is funny come to think of it now that this board and most of its subject matter is related to it, meaning demons and most of the spirits discussed are still a part of it, they’re just the antithesis of the Abrahamic god and customs.

I belive the God Jesus spoke of was El, or source. He also says “The God of this world is Satan”, referring to Yahweh as the Demiurge of our world. This shows how Enlil would have been given to the Israelites and YHWH, as Enlil has many of the same characteristics as Yahweh.

This explains the difference in demeanor between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

1 Like

Yahweh isn’t Satan. Keep in mind that a god can be anything & on the other hand you have the God of all gods aka the Source/self existing one or Yahweh.

What separates the Old & New Testament are the covenants. The old is revealed in the new & the new is hidden in the old.

I definitely agree that Satan is its own powerful entity

Yahweh can be an adversary (satan) though.

Is there Source? Or is the source of Source beyond human comprehension?

I could go on and make this a very long post, but I’ll try to make this as brief as I can. So I won’t bombard this forum again with a post that could also make an hour-long lecture ^^

Do note this is from a hermetic-gnostic point of view. Which means everything is symbolic in order to make us be able to at least picture something near a reality that is too abstract and beyond our imagination

Try to imagine this:
There is “God”/ The All/ The Monad/ One
The Sophia is one part of an emanation of The All/ “God”
The Sophia designed the entire universe, or rather the macro-verse to give it’s creation, The Demiurge, a place to exist. probably making The Sophia also known as Source. Source is our connection to The All/ The Monad.
The macro-verse exists within the mind/ imagination of The Sophia/ Source (or in the mind of “God”/ The Monad and Source is a larger part of it’s mind in which this macro-verse lies. Opinions differ a lot on this point)
The Demiurge is either The Universe/ Macro-verse itself or a prime energy of this universe
Yahweh is storm god from (some of) the tribes of Israel that came into huge fame and notoriety and as such an emanation (Archon) or perhaps even only part of an emanation of The Demiurge.
Do you see how far Yahweh is removed from “God”/ The All or even Source?

That is my view informed by being in a hermetic-gnostic mystery school from birth (take that with any weight, or lack thereof, you want).
Some might view Yahweh directly as the Demiurge, perhaps being more than a perceived storm god in the first place or The Demiurge crystalizing in form and imagination and taking on that persona.
If that is you, considering Yahweh as The Demiurge. Adjust the above to see that Yahweh vs. Source connection

I would kindly like to repeat myself that this is symbolism, meant to make something extremely abstract and beyond any human comprehension a little more understandable.

3 Likes

asking if HGA is god is kind of like Koetting asking if its real or if it is all happening in your head.:thinking: Are you in the matrix or is the matrix you?

To me Sophia creating the universe as a place for the demiurge to live sounds like the creation story of Liber Lillith. I dont know if there is any connection. It does give us new perspective of “god” We live inside of a universe controlled by an evil sadist. But, the universe we live in is inside of a bigger universe that is controlled by some benevolent being.

… :dizzy_face::yawning_face: lol falling asleep while I am typing

1 Like