Wow I already miss old forums

Hi @Lady_Eva the old posts aren’t editable or deletable, could you please fix that? Thanks.

I don’t think I can fix the length of editable/deletable time, that’s an @Timothy job probably, I can and have been editing and deleting stuff where requested (guys, please try to keep this to something important to you, like your best tutorials that need fixing, or demonic orgy confessionals you want gone, not random broken things you find, I’m a bit unwell and also have a lot of work on today - the kind that pays! :wink: ).

PM me your things, I’ll try and clear them now or later once I can sit down properly again to do things. :slight_smile:

Ok I will, but how come the recent posts are editable/deletable? Will the option disappear after some time?

I think a lot of forums have a window for this, that’s a question for Timothy though, sorry! :slight_smile:

Well this definitely is different, but like they say the only thing that remains the same is change. So I’m all for giving it a go. :slight_smile:

I don’t love it, Timothy.

But, c’est la vie. It’s really just the information within that matters.

I was looking to post on the vampiric path section of the old version forum. Where has it gone? Not very happy, really guys. This is a pain in the arse…

It’s now Baneful magick, curses & vampirism

1 Like

I dont like the new forum design. Any web page that is 90% flat bright white is hard on the eyes and tiring over time. The old forum had way more flat bright white than it needed, but this one has even more.

1 Like

Oh, and it seems that the login page sends your password in plain text over the internet. Its unencrypted (as the old login page was as well).

That needs to be fixed immediately if true.

1 Like

Uhm. I also kinda miss old forum. A bit harder to use than old forum. Last one was a bit more “friendly” than this one but I still think that this one is way more improved and it has some benefits, all it needs at the moment is little tweaks and it should be great.

• Flame
1 Like

I have to agree I hate reading on white color as well. Would be cool if there was the option to pick our own layout among a selection.

1 Like

Holy shit, its not https!! That’s the spookiest thing I have ever seen on this forum. I never noticed and IT security is part of what I do for a living. Epic fail for me. Yes hopefully BALG could just get another cert for the forum VM, or however its setup, then auto-redirect http to https. @Timothy Nice catch @BB44 .

@Lola , I agree. In my browser, I can hit F12, get the developer tools, click on the background of the page, and set the background color to a nice dark grey and the text color to white. Much easier on the eyes. The change persists for the duration of your session, so its rather necessary for me. Maybe you can try it out if you are techy. I figured Timothy (and I won’t @ him here because I’m sure he’s getting pestered alot these days) will get to the theme at some point. Hopefully. I’m just happy the forum lives on.

Is there a way to view old Private messages??

Wow you get PMs? lol. I’m not that cool or popular to reach any type of limit for that!

1 Like

Yea haha it said for the first day so hopefully over time it’ll say fuck it

Oh I see, but I never use a computer. I’m always on my phone so I don’t think this is possible for me :slightly_frowning_face:

Ah. Got it.

Hi folks, I think old PMs are gone, sorry, maybe Timothy will be on later and confirm. I downloaded a bunch of mine but didn’t get them all.

This forum software protects us all from the old scammers we used to occasionally get, who’d join and post maybe 35, 40 or more messages in short order trying to bump their post count and look like established members, which never exactly worked but fools will be fools.

It’s annoying for real members on here trying to continue ongoing conversations but it WILL pass, it’s just a feature of what the software "thinks"are new members and I should be able to sort it if it’s causing you problems. My e-mail is [email protected] if you can’t PM for some reason.

Changing the skin of the forum would be nice, and yes, HTTP also bothers me, my “HTTPS Everywhere” browser add-on doesn’t fix it obviously, that’s again an admin decision to make. :slight_smile:

I’m limited as to what I can do right now, but these things will help : use Category view (top menu), it makes everything look a lot more familiar while you find your way round, and afaik EVERYTHING is here (except PMs), last night I fixed all of one member’s threads where the old forum had resized images and this one wasn’t recognising the old tags, so if anyone hits an old post you worked hard on that looks like crap, PM me.

I want to help as much as possible, and minor things like that, I CAN do. :slight_smile:

3 Likes