Wow I already miss old forums

I like being able to easily select what I wanted to look at and was very user friendly this seems harder to navigate

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to feel a bit strange to begin with, but everything on here works - e-mail notifications, a nice obvious Reply button, all manner of things! :slight_smile:

If itā€™s a bit of a muddle at first, click Categories to format the layout more like the old one, while you find your way round:

And you can experiment with the software itself here, itā€™s a sandbox so you can play round and get used to how things work (try ā€œdrag and dropā€ images - no more having to code things into square brackets!):

1 Like

I like it. I think Timothy did a great job. It feels like Reddit but without all the arm chair assholes and fluff bunny wiccans.

1 Like

Yes, very confusing from what iā€™m used to. but fuck it. Lets all take as a chance to evolve. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Itā€™s obviously more hi-tech then the last forum.

Can anybody change the like button from a pink heart?

Maybe Timothy could skin the forum and add his own flair.

Iā€™m kinda kidding about the heart, but it just struck me as out of place.

Ra

2 Likes

Wow I see that the new forum is available to public now?? I was able to read all the topics without logging in! I donā€™t think thatā€™s good for privacyā€¦

1 Like

At least this way, people wonā€™t be able to make shit up about us! I;ve seriously heard some crazy shit about the kinds of things that we were likely to be discussingā€¦

And we might get quality new members who are now able to see the forum before they join, and realise how fab we all are.

1 Like

Really? There were people making up rumors about the stuff we were talking about? Why? What was the point when they could just have registered and seen by themselves?

I saw it happen a few times, mainly because people think a black magick forum is going to be full of unstable people, so theyā€™d get all excited imagining what we must be up to, whereas in fact this is one of the friendlier and more helpful magickal forums out there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Because we are all a bunch of ā€œdemon evoking black magiciansā€ ā€¦ pffff. Clueless. Oh wait. Nm.

2 Likes

Unstable? Us?

The spirits around me found that absurd and quite humorous. (that was a lie)

Quick, whatā€™s the difference between a black magician and a ā€˜normyā€™? Black magicians actually want to hear voices in their heads.

There is strength in being your own island of stability as opposed to being a spiritual beggar, pandering to the almighty for strength. When chaos ensues, instead of praying, I just check to see if my ass is still there. Sometimes it isnā€™t, and thatā€™s OK too.

Unstable! Pffff.

5 Likes

If being stable is working a 9 to 5 job I hate and blindly obeying some priest or politician while waiting to be dead with no means of having control over my own life then I donā€™t want to be stable any time soon.

3 Likes

Hey, so you guys should be able to change your own usernames now, this is something Iā€™d get asked for fairly regularly and it just couldnā€™t be done before, unless Timothy did it - profile pages also have more capacity for information and even photos, no more hand-formatting bold or italic text, or or masking a URL with painstaking care and attention! :smiley:

YouTube and other videos just work, no more ā€œ!No longer availableā€ as the default titleā€¦ :heart:

1 Like

I quite like it but took me ages to find my private messages but found out why ā€¦

haha wasnt until i got a message alert I saw it

is there any chance that pmā€™s from the old forum will get pulled over at some point ?

For some reason it also limited me for several hours as to how many pm s I could send. Twas frustrating I was in good conversation lol

Mines being mean it wonā€™t let me lol

I am really enjoying this new forum, I think itā€™s awesome lol

Minus all the inconveniencesā€¦

This software has automatic ā€œtrust limitsā€ and they do increase, increasing what you can do, but it takes a while. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know for sure about PMs but Iā€™ll add it to the list to ask Timothy.

2 Likes

I have raised maximum limit of messages per day to 75 for now.

3 Likes

Call me a romantic, but Iā€™d like to think thereā€™s an inner Aztec deity within all of us that is OVERJOYED at the gift of hearts.

<3 <3 <3

1 Like