Would you ever stop practicing magic?

So say for example that you got everything you wanted in life and you were living your perfect life would you ever stop practising magic?

I know that some people stop practising to give themselves a break or to stop lusting for results.

Some I imagine consider magic a continuous ascent to godhood so would never stop practising.

What are the circumstances where you would stop practising?

I may stop practising perhaps when I got everything I wanted in life so that means the trifecta of money, love and happiness. But currently a long way from all of those.

There is always something more even if it is currently beyond your perception

5 Likes

Very good point!!

I may not stop talking to spirits,i will keep the relationship with them till my end. My goal is to talk each one of them build relationships with them

6 Likes

Probably when I’m dead meat at some point. Until then I’ve got stuff to do.

8 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

It comes and goes

Romantic love? It’s a state of the body that fades like any other

The Nirvana of Western cultures.

If you would stop practicing when you get such ephemeral things, magick was never your thing.

8 Likes

True

4 Likes

Concerning magick and spiritual growth, I used to think that it was too late to “quit”; moreso now that I’m 40 but, about the first one, maybe in case of repeated fails even when I’m trying to improve. That’s not to set up a future, I intend to succeed :slight_smile: also, it’s like I’m gradually acquiring tools and would really like to scry with a quartz ball or do a Mars ritual with red lighting etc.

1 Like

I got the key-knowledge to everything I want or wish. It doesn’t even requires magick or other spirits at all. Get true knowledge, use it and you’ll find yourself in the paradise.

It happened with me 4 months ago and it worked. At this point I can say that I don’t need magick at all, and I shouldn’t practice it because I already got everything with this knowledge and will.

But magick and spirits just came back to me, did not left me behind. I was the one who turned away from them. They’re clearly won’t let this to happen again.

No. It is not my decision. I won’t be able to stop using magick and working with spirits.
They’re a part of me, no matter how happy, successful my life is.

2 Likes

I’ve stopped practicing magic before…it didn’t last long. At the very least I’ll probably be practicing meditation and internal alchemy till I die (I’d say or become Immortal, but there’s stages beyond that, so I’d still be practicing some kind of internal alchemy)

3 Likes

I’ve stopped for the past one month , all my magick was failing I was getting opposite of what I was asking , was getting no guidance from any spirits either , was feeling extremely disappointed and rejected so I finished what I was in the middle of , distroyed my servitor aswell . Just now I started again with no expectations and just one little thing at a time to gain my confidence back , let’s see what happens!

3 Likes

I guess a short break will be good to recharge your energy levels back

1 Like

Why did you do that? And did you understand why your magick was failing?

This is inspirational.

Destroyed the servitor because I was getting the complete opposite of what I was asking for and it was damaging my self confidence, I have no idea why my magick started to fail , I started a year ago and was extremely successful in the first 6 months even if I didn’t get the exact thing I would get success in one way or another , I feel like I got too excited and jinxed myself maybe .

1 Like

I already had what I wanted before I started using magik, I am older and worked all that through.

My main driver in life is curiosity.

Magik and the more to the point the unseen realms are curious, and as long as there’s layers to delve into I’ll keep diving.

6 Likes

What is that exactly? Do share with the rest of the class. i imagine everyone would benefit

Magick isn’t much a necessity for me so, yes.

It’s a part of who I am so no.

4 Likes