Working with the Annunaki (The Tower of Etemenanki)

For the past two weeks, I have been studying Mesopotamian Magick and seriously pondering implementing the system into my initiation as a Black Adept. Fast forward to yesterday while doing a Canaanite version of kunda yoga, I had a vision of the 7-headed Dragon Mushusu coiled around me and communicating with me telepathically. I like to consider myself a man of reason however the Ancient dragon communicated to me that i had the spirit of the ancient Sumerian gods flowing in my bloodstream. I’m curious to discover what this means so I am committed to working with the Gods within the Mesopotamian pantheon.
I’ve decided to document by progress here as a way of holding myself accountable as well as inspire anyone who wants to work in this initiatory stream. I’ll be working with Michael W. Ford’s ‘Sebitti’ and ‘Maskim Hul.’ My framework will be the Tower of Etemenanki as well as the Neo-Assyrian Tree of Life, starting with Nergal, God of the underworld. First working starts tomorrow, let’s get it🤘🏽

15 Likes

Here’s what the Neo-Assyrian Tree of Life looks like for the curious minds out there :grin:

9 Likes

Stay away from my Huluppu tree…

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

Because the Huluppu tree is sacred.

2 Likes

I don’t like that tree, it makes my eyes bleed.

1 Like

Well that’s unfortunate. I’m sure there are other initiatory frameworks that will do less damage to your optic nerves :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Except that I am not an initiate in this.

1 Like

So you have nothing to worry about then :smiley:

3 Likes

I wish you luck, I really do, if you continue to work with these entities we walk the same path, and are distant kin.

But don’t trust that tree, it is wrong, it will mislead you.

2 Likes

I trust my instinct and the Old Gods are given life by the power of my Daemon. All manifestation is in relation to self and made sacred by the temple of my mind, body and spirit :grin:

3 Likes

As it should be.
The old ones are slipping back into this world, it is always warming to see more of their agents surface.

I hope I get to see more of you on the forum.

3 Likes

Most definitely brother, I wish you the best in all your endeavors as well

2 Likes

Very interested, I dont often hear about the old gods. How are you going to go about initiating contact with Nergal, if you dont mind my asking?

2 Likes

I will begin with some basic pathworking as well as daily incantations and offerings. I get the vibe that there will be some dream work involved along the way. However, I’ve decided to keep it simple for now and allow the working to evolve after initial contact has been made. Daily contemplation of death will also be a great way to attune my energy to Nergal’s current.

1 Like

So quick update:
Last night I performed a ritual of creation with the Enuma-Elish to announce my intent of walking this path. My experience wasn’t too strange; room temperature suddenly dropped (it’s usually hot af here), cold winds, shadows moving on the wall, etc.
I had received a vision of Tiamat emerging out of the dark waters with her consort Qingu. Her countenance was both terrifying and comforting.
Also had a pretty interesting dream I believe is connected to Tiamat’s mask as Ishtar, the Goddess of Love and War.

I designated time today to align my mind with the current with mindful yoga. Here are the Deific Correspondences:

1. Yoga of Rising - Marduk
  2. Yoga of Washing/Bathing - Enki
  3. Yoga of Consuming - Pazuzu
  4. Yoga of Resting - Ningishzida
    Note: these deific masks are invoked while performing these activities

I also performed a basic purification/Banishing ritual by encircling the four winds and reciting the purification incantation to Samas. Felt really light and unburdened afterwards.

I will be doing a pathworking tonight with Nergal to understand my primal instincts and begin the process of transformation towards achieving my goals.
Since Nergal is a God of the Netherwold, I did a little bit of contemplation on Death as a concept while listening to “Somebody Gotta Die” by Biggie Smalls. I saw a terrifying and fiery face flash before my eyes as I was rounding up the contemplation session. So i’m definitely looking forward to tonight😈

2 Likes

This is really dope bro glad you finding new/old ways of Magick sounds interesting would love to learn

2 Likes

Appreciate you bro⚡️More updates on the way

Fabulous work, I’ll be incorporating this in my magick, thanks for sharing!

In relation to having Sumerian god energy in your blood, according to our creation story, Qingu was sacrificed by Enki and Enlil to create us so this could be what the dragon was referring to.

2 Likes

Ahh yes that actually makes a lot of sense! Thank you for bringing that to my attention