Working with the 1586 Necronomicon

Euoi, most of the text is the same. However, the sigils in the 1586 version are completely different, as are the Gates of Walking, and there are nine Gates instead of seven. The 50 names of Marduk aren’t in this version but a couple of other sections are, such as sigils for the Old Ones (including Kthulu and Haster) and magical squares for seven of them. There are also sigils for the Outer Gods, like Nyarlat-Hotep and Shub-Niggurath.

7 Likes

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Keep going on, please, and thank you for the leads on this version of the Necronomicon.

2 Likes

Great stuff!

just a few questions?

were you able to view the entities visibly? if so, how did they look like?

what summoning method did you use? which incantations?

lastly, when you hear their voice, do you hear it as you would another person? or is it different?

1 Like

[quote=“rd166, post:9, topic:5066”]Great stuff!

just a few questions?

lastly, when you hear their voice, do you hear it as you would another person? or is it different?[/quote]

Great questions!

I saw some of them but not all.

I saw Nanna, the moon god. He appeared to me as an old (but not weak) man with a long, grey beard. His voice was very soothing. I could hear his voice very clearly. It almost seemed to me like I could hear him as if he were another human being, but it’s always at least a little bit different for me, maybe because I don’t have conversations with people when I’m the TG sync. Haha… maybe I should try that sometime and see how similar it is to having a conversation with an entity like this!

I did not see Nabu (Nebo in the Necronomicon). I could only feel his presence and hear his voice in my head. Same with Inanna and Shammash.

With Nergal, it was different. I saw him… sort of. It was like my mind’s eye was looking at him through a zoomed-in lense so I could only see a part of him. As I have already posted, he felt like he was pressing in to try and crowd my space, and seeing him in the way that I did just intensified that.

Now, as for the method that I have been using: I gaze upon the sigil, get into the TG sync, and simply call to the entity to come to me. I am used to using demonic enns (both with and without sigils), which are SO effective! However, since I do not have any enns for ancient Sumerian gods, I have been adding the “alash tad…” chant, which has seemed to aide manifestation. I live in a small apartment in downtown Long Beach, CA, with my lady, two dogs, and a cat. I do not have a space - nor have I for some time - that I can use for creating a magic circle, lighting candles, etc., so I work with what I’ve got. Haha… I expect I will get some criticism from some of you who read this, that I am not really evoking these entities because I don’t use incense smoke for them to appear in or something like that. If so, I hope it is something constructive so I can learn from what you have to say. Otherwise, it should be entertaining! :slight_smile:

I evoked Marduk last night. It was awesome! I’ll post about it later today or tomorrow.

6 Likes

[quote=“HappyKanibl, post:10, topic:5066”][quote=“rd166, post:9, topic:5066”]Great stuff!

just a few questions?

lastly, when you hear their voice, do you hear it as you would another person? or is it different?[/quote]

Great questions!

I saw some of them but not all.

I saw Nanna, the moon god. He appeared to me as an old (but not weak) man with a long, grey beard. His voice was very soothing. I could hear his voice very clearly. It almost seemed to me like I could hear him as if he were another human being, but it’s always at least a little bit different for me, maybe because I don’t have conversations with people when I’m the TG sync. Haha… maybe I should try that sometime and see how similar it is to having a conversation with an entity like this!

I did not see Nabu (Nebo in the Necronomicon). I could only feel his presence and hear his voice in my head. Same with Inanna and Shammash.

With Nergal, it was different. I saw him… sort of. It was like my mind’s eye was looking at him through a zoomed-in lense so I could only see a part of him. As I have already posted, he felt like he was pressing in to try and crowd my space, and seeing him in the way that I did just intensified that.

Now, as for the method that I have been using: I gaze upon the sigil, get into the TG sync, and simply call to the entity to come to me. I am used to using demonic enns (both with and without sigils), which are SO effective! However, since I do not have any enns for ancient Sumerian gods, I have been adding the “alash tad…” chant, which has seemed to aide manifestation. I live in a small apartment in downtown Long Beach, CA, with my lady, two dogs, and a cat. I do not have a space - nor have I for some time - that I can use for creating a magic circle, lighting candles, etc., so I work with what I’ve got. Haha… I expect I will get some criticism from some of you who read this, that I am not really evoking these entities because I don’t use incense smoke for them to appear in or something like that. If so, I hope it is something constructive so I can learn from what you have to say. Otherwise, it should be entertaining! :slight_smile:

I evoked Marduk last night. It was awesome! I’ll post about it later today or tomorrow.[/quote]

Incredible. Congrats to you!
Thank you for sharing this info. So little is known about the ancient mesopotamian Gods, since so few people work with them due to giving preference to other entities in more modern pantheons and systems. I view work with these incredible beings the same as walking through some ancient ruins- a taste of ancient spiritual history. Absolutely fascinating, for me at least.

Hey, if it works, then it works. No need to follow everyone’s procedure just for the sake of it. Ritual is something that is personal and the experience is different for everyone, so good work!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. I really look forward to your posts about working with the others.
Keep up the amazing work.

3 Likes

The other night I evoked Marduk. He was… vast. When he first showed up my breathing fell into a strange rhythm, taking much deeper, fuller breaths than I am used to. Similarly, I was suddenly in an impossibly large space. I was in a room that was several hundred feet long and maybe half that in width. I didn’t notice how high the ceiling was, or if there was one. Everything was vast but no matter how far away anything was, I was almost close enough to touch it.

Lord Marduk remained just out of sight. I caught glimpses of him out of the corner of my vision but that was it. His energy was all power, no force, and it filled the entire room with ease. He was very calm.

There was something extremely familiar to me about all of this. When I was very young - maybe 5 or 6 years old - I started having a recurring dream that scared the shit out of me. In the dream, I experienced exactly what I described above, with the room being impossibly large, yet everything in it was almost close enough to touch, etc. The details of what was in the room would sometimes change, and sometimes it was just a huge, open space, but the dream always felt the same and there was always someone there with me. One of the first times I had the dream (maybe it was the very first; I don’t recall), I was told by the being who was beside me that I could have all the power in the world - the whole world… EVERYTHING. I remember it felt like I was a young prince being told of all the power and responsibility I had inherited, and it freaked me the fuck out! I told him, “No! It’s too much! It’s too much! I don’t want it! Leave me alone!” … and then I woke up in my bed, crying.

So, as that memory came rushing back to me I asked Lord Marduk if he had been the one who came to me in those dreams. Of course, I already knew the answer: Yes. I went on from there, asking him more questions to help me deal with this revelation.

Then, I asked him whether the 50 Names of Marduk in the Simon necronomicon were accurate. He told me that “they can be used for the powers attributed to them.” He said that the names were not important unto themselves. Each power could be called by some other name, but that it is important to assign a name to each power. Since these unique names have already been assigned to them within the Simon necronomicon, they can work.

It occurred to me the next morning that I hadn’t ask him whether the sigils that accompany the names were the true sigils of those powers. I’ll ask him next time.

*I just realized something else, regarding the dreams I had when I was a child. I started falling into deep depressions when I was six years old. I didn’t realize what was going on until I saw a psychologist around 20 years later, and since then I’ve been putting the pieces together. The only piece that I never fully understood was: What the hell happened when I was 6 years old that I suddenly became prone to such nasty depression? Since there wasn’t a traumatizing event in my life at that age, it just didn’t make sense to me. But now, it seems I have a key piece to this puzzle that I never had before. Hmmm… or maybe not. I will fine out.

5 Likes

Is this book avaliable online?

1 Like

Yes it is. Just Google it. My copy is a pdf.

2 Likes

I evoked Ninib (associated with Saturn) a couple of nights ago. It didn’t go very well… or maybe it did. I had had a couple of drinks and a couple of hits (literally two) of weed, a few hours before. I had intended to evoke Ninib a couple nights before but it didn’t happen. Since I was starting to get anxious and impatient, I ended up forcing myself to go ahead with it.

This was not the smartest thing I’ve ever done. It took me awhile to get into the TG sync, I didn’t have a clear connection with him once I did(I couldn’t even hear him for most of it)… I even started to nod off a couple of times, then keep pushing forward. Even then, everything in me told me to shut it down and try another time… but I didn’t.

Finally, when I did decide to call it quits, I heard a soft but distinct voice say, “Don’t dismiss me; let me work on you while you sleep and I will leave after that.” So, I did.

The next morning, I felt like a train wreck and I realized that I had made a big, stupid-ass mistake! I took a moment to dismiss Ninib, then went on with my day… which sucked ass until the late afternoon. However, that was when it dawned on me that, perhaps, I had done exactly the right thing after all.

I considered that maybe the voice I heard really was that of Ninib, and that he really did need to work on me (meaning that he had to… rearrange me somehow, maybe shift around some mental programming?). Well, for the last day or so I have felt like I have had a major attitude adjustment, and I’m feeling good!

In any case, I will be evoking him again in the next day or two; I expect I will have a better connection next time.

3 Likes

After nearly a week of over-thinking the hell out of my last evocation to Ninib/Adar and second-guessing myself, I evoked him again this morning. It went MUCH better than the last time!

I began by asking him if he preferred one of his names over another, between Ninib, Ninurta, and Adar. He said it didn’t matter to him, and asked me which I preferred. I was caught a little off-guard by his response and told him I didn’t know.

I didn’t see him, but felt his presence quite strongly. He - and the entire space - felt very dark, quite, and grounded. He was extremely polite and well-spoken, and seemed delighted to engage in whatever conversation I began with him.

I mentioned that the 1586 Necronomicon said his number is 4, “as in the four corners of the earth.” I asked if that meant that he could teach about elemental magic. He said that he could, but as they relate to transformation; he is not so much a spirit that encompasses the elements exactly, but how the elements flow and cycle from one to another. He represents - among other things - the transformation that occurs throughout that cycle. He said that he can teach about that aspect of the four elements.

Then I asked him about the 9 Gates. He said, “Yes, you want to walk them.”

I, of course, said, “Yes,” to which he replied, “You already are.”

WTF??!?! That was pretty much my response. He said that I had begun as soon as I started evoking the Zonei, since I had the intention of walking the Gates when I began my evocations.

I asked him how I should go about walking the actual Gates, and after some conversation he said that simply gazing at each Gate the way I would a sigil would work just fine. The words he used were, “For you, this will work well.” I took this to mean that this would be a fitting approach for me, but that another approach may be better for the next person. He told me that I needed to paint each Gate as well. It will really be a three-step process for me to walk each Gate:

1. Evoke the Gate by gazing at it and entering the TG sync
  2. Based on my experience in step 1, create a painting of the Gate
  3. Evoke the Gate again, like in step 1, but this time gaze at what I painted

I then asked if I should evoke Yuggoth (associated with the 8th Gate) before walking the Gates, or if I should wait until I open the 8th Gate. He said it would be fine for me to evoke him, but warned me not to “go to deep.” He said Yuggoth would invite me to go deep, but NOT to do so. I have some hunches as to what he meant by this verbiage, but I’ll refrain from speculating in favor of just evoking Yuggoth and finding out for myself.

I also asked about evoking the Old Ones and the Outer Gods, since their sigils are presented in this Necronomicon. He said I could evoke them now, but he recommended that I walk the 9 Gates first, as he instructed, then evoke the Old Ones, saving the Outer Gods for last.

This is gonna be fucking cool!!!

Finally, I asked him if he - being associated with Saturn and in some respects, Earth - would be a spirit who could bring me wealth, and teach me to do so. I “felt” him smirk at this (if that makes any sense). He reiterated that he is a being of transformation, and that he could, indeed, teach this to me, but only if I were to embrace the transformation within myself that is required to fully facilitate becoming one who is Wealthy. This includes material, monetary wealth of course, but goes way beyond that; to truly be one who is Wealthy is to enjoy that Wealth in every single aspect of one’s existence.

I said, “Yes, I want that. Let’s do it!” He replied with, “Good! And so we begin.”

As I dismissed him, without thinking about it, I said, “Thank you, Adar.” He smiled and said, “You chose what to call me.”

This journey is very cool and very interesting.

5 Likes

i had recently went through this 1586 Necronomicon, an interesting book indeed. Although i have to say, unlike the Simon Nec it have no formula for the opening or walking the gates and there is no Sigil is given against the 9th Gate ( 9 Gates but 8 Sigils). May be the formulas from the Simon Nec could be tried to open the first 7 Gates. One most important thing anyone should be careful in the Pg. 39 of the pdf or Pg 27 as mentioned in the pdf, about the Astral Meade. Here, the book advised about soaking of Seeds of Morning Glory with Petroleum ether then again soaking in wood alcohol ( Methanol). Well, methanol is poisonous. Methanol has a high toxicity in humans. If as little as 10 mL of pure methanol is ingested, for example, it can break down into formic acid, which can cause permanent blindness by destruction of the optic nerve, and 30 mL is potentially fatal, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol.]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol.[/url] So, anyone who read this recipe and thinking about using it as a short cut for astral projection should use their own intelligence and think several times before attempting it at their own risk.

5 Likes

Good point, Jyoti. The impression I have gotten (or maybe just my assumption?) is that the Ninth Gate is crossing the threshold to one of those great mysteries. The kind of mystery that, it seems, only we of the LHP have the balls/ovaries to dive into and discover.

In my opinion and experience, we don’t need to follow all the contrived preparatory bullshit that is written and recommended in the Necronomicon or any other tome. That is precisely why I evoked each of the Zonei (well, I still have one to go) before Walking the Gates; I hold my own experience and wisdom in higher regard than a bunch of convoluted crap (e.g. “you must fast for 7 days prior to performing this ritual” or “you must wear blue for this operation, but never red”).

Find what works for you, and don’t be afraid to reject what may work for someone else. It doesn’t matter that there are only 8 sigils but 9 Gates.

Now, if you decide to use rituals and incantations from one or both Necronomicons, PLEASE share your experiences on here! Many of us in the BALG forum would love to hear about them!

3 Likes

I must say I have followed this series of posts with great delight, Happy Kanibl, I work with the Necronimian 50 Names of Marduk, I have only done a few, but your posts have given me much food for thought. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Milla!

What Names have you worked with? What, if I may ask, were your experiences?

2 Likes

I have mainly worked with the 4th Barashakushu, and Mahla. Both have come through very well.
The first helped in kicking off my book-selling business on the Amazon website. I used to go for months without selling a single book From the week i did the ritual for the first time. I started selling five books a month, now it is three or four a week, every week.
The other one has been helping me assert myself and not allowing myself to be used, exploited and abused without retaliating. It was a stupid Christian conditioning of turning the other cheek that was behind it.
Now I am finding myself saying no to people, speaking out when i am upset and not letting anybody get away with offending me…

5 Likes

[quote=“Milla, post:21, topic:5066”]I have mainly worked with the 4th Barashakushu, and Mahla. Both have come through very well.
The first helped in kicking off my book-selling business on the Amazon website. I used to go for months without selling a single book From the week i did the ritual for the first time. I started selling five books a month, now it is three or four a week, every week.
The other one has been helping me assert myself and not allowing myself to be used, exploited and abused without retaliating. It was a stupid Christian conditioning of turning the other cheek that was behind it.
Now I am finding myself saying no to people, speaking out when i am upset and not letting anybody get away with offending me…[/quote]

That’s awesome, Milla!

Thank you for sharing that. I hadn’t worked with any of the 50 Names until reading your post (I tend to over-think things sometimes, such as “Which one should I evoke first?” and “Shouldn’t I just focus on working with the seven main Zonei?”), but reading your experiences with those two names snapped me out of my bullshit. Thank you! (I didn’t even realize I was doing it.)

I evoked Barashakushu a short while ago. Since the Simon Necronomicon says to face North when working with any of the 50 names, I used the demonic enn for calling demons/entities from the North:

“Lirach tasa vefa wehlc (name)”

I was going to use E.A.'s incantation for fourth incantation that he gives to “summon forth”, but just as I began reading over it I was… directed to use the enn. I have worked with demonic enns quite a bit in the last couple of years with a lot of great results, and this seemed like a perfect fit for this operation.

So, after repeating the enn with Barashakushu’s name several times, and vibrating his power word, my breathing suddenly got very heavy and the air felt thick. I also felt a very familiar tingle up my spine, along with different parts of my body starting to twitch. This has almost always happened with me when I evoke using demonic enns, though I don’t recall it ever happening when I’ve used sigils. With sigils I often feel a sort of vertigo. Hmm, interesting.

Anyways, I felt Barashakushu quietly greeting me. It felt like a wide ribbon was lightly sliding around my body, from my feet to my head; he was checking me out. After a short greeting, I told him that I wanted a new job and I wanted his help getting it. I went through the specifics with him, then asked him if he had anything to ask or tell me before he departed. I heard a very low voice speak but I couldn’t really make out the words. When I asked him to repeat what he said because I didn’t understand, I felt him smile as he replied, “You will.” I then thanked and dismissed him.

I am very interested (and excited!) to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

The fifty Names are quite very easy to use and very good, They deliver. And Barashakushu is great, very lovable and kind, as you have seen yourself.
What is good with them is that there is no need for all the tedious praparations connected with some of the others we have to evoke. You just choose the one you wish to contact. Provided you ask for something they are powered to do, they’ll never disappoint.
Barashakushu responds immediately, even to those who are not good at evokations.
So even if you don’t know how to charge or open sigils, you’ll get a good result with the fifty Names. I trust them implicitly.

4 Likes

And Happy Kanibl, you know it just occurred to me, that I did not respect that direction of North for my first evocation. I had travelled to Africa where I was for three months. When I first called Barakashuku, the table in my bedroom faced the window which looked South. I sat facing that direction and he came through.
The second time, I sat on my bedroom floor, facing East, and he came through again.
I am back in London now, and will be facing North in my living room. I’ll see if there is any difference. I have never paid attention to those cardinal points dictates!

2 Likes

I entered the first Gate early this morning! This is the Gate of Nanna/Sin, the Sumerian moon god. I thought early morning on a Monday (moon-day) during a full moon would be appropriate.

In the past week or so I have been looking at how the 9 Gates may or may not correlate with the main chakras. Yes, I know that the most common chakra system has 7 main chakras, but a few months ago I was told by someone close to me of two often-neglected chakras. One is located in both feet (deep, dark red in color) and the other is a few feet below that one (black in color). Haha… my feet are suddenly hot and throbbing with energy just because I’m writing about them.

Anyways, with this in mind, I have been playing with the idea that each of these 9 chakras may correlate directly with each of the 9 Gates. More specifically, I am connecting the first Gate with the crown chakra, the second with the 3rd eye chakra, and so-on. This is also very interesting because each of the Gates is associated with a color that is different than the usual rainbow chakra colors:

Chakra Traditional Color 9 Gates Color (god)
Crown Electric purple Silver (Nanna)
3rd Eye Indigo Blue (Nabu)
Throat Blue White (Inanna)
Heart Green Gold (Shammash)
Solar Plexus Yellow Red (Nergal)
Sacral Orange Purple (Marduk)
Root Red Black (Adar)
Feet Deep Red Deep Purple (Yuggoth)
??? Black ??? (Krythnon)

Additionally, the section in the Necronomicon which speaks of walking the 9 Gates actually begins with, “The is the book of entrance to the Seven Zones above the earth.” It then goes on to present all 9 Gates, not just 7. This would actually be consistent with the theory that I am playing with, since the lowest two chakras (which relate to Gates 8 and 9) are at or below ground level.

SO… with all of that being said…

I woke up before the sun today and took a shower, cleaning up my body and energy. Then I took Nanna’s Gate, which I had already drawn on a drawing pad in black pen, and went to a spot I had chosen. I then centered myself and gazed at the Gate (as I would a sigil), using the “alash tad” incantation and calling to Nanna/Sin to open the gate. This went on for several minutes with marginal success. Then, following my intuition, I began chanting a demonic enn to Satan:

Tasa reme laris Satan, ave Satanas

My experiences with Satan have been very different than for many people, apparently, as I have posted elsewhere on the BALG forum. Long story short: He told me that he is sort of a mirror for me of the version of myself that I strive to be, so it seemed fitting to chant his enn when opening a Gate of power that resides within me.

After only a few times repeating this enn, the Gate was flashing like a motherfucker! The lines were visibly vibrating, and going from straight to squiggly, and back to straight! Colors were flashing all over the Gate, too.

I stayed there for a few minutes, staring into the Gate’s maelstrom, before I willed myself to dive in. And then I just basked in it. I wasn’t really sure what to expect at that point, but I noticed that the whole top of my head - inside and out - was humming and throbbing with energy! And another thing: that energy was silver in color.

I called out to Nanna, and he and I spoke for a few minutes. As is mentioned in the Necronomicon, he gave me a word of passage that I am now to use whenever I open the Gate. I’m beginning to understand why I was told to paint the Gate and enter it later through my own painting: all I’ve really done so far is open the door. There is a lot of exploration to be done within this (and all) Gate(s). And when I get to a certain level of mastery over the power of each Gate, I may claim the power as my own.

That is the significance of painting the Gates based upon my own experience: The paintings are my expressions of each power.

4 Likes

I opened the Gate of Nabu tonight. I didn’t think I would be doing that so soon, but all afternoon I have been feeling a strong pull to do so. Then, tonight I realized that the days that correspond with the first 7 Gates run every other day; Monday is the day of the moon (Nanna), Wednesday is the day of Mercury (Nabu), Friday is the day of Venus (Inanna), and so forth. When I realized that, it dawned on me that opening the first 7 Gates is a two-week ordeal. Haha… this is intense! (Of course, if it weren’t I’d be supremely disappointed!)

I will write about the details tomorrow. My head is throbbing from the ritual. It’s not painful; there’s just a lot of pressure in various locations around (and in) my head.

1 Like