Working with the 1586 Necronomicon

I am starting this thread as a means of sharing my experiences as I work with some of the gods in the 1586 Necronomicon.

I recently began by simply using the sigils in this book to evoke Sumerian gods (e.g. Inanna, Shammash, Marduk, etc.). To be honest, I had my doubts that they would work.

They do. Holy shit, they really do! Very powerful.

Right now I am working my way through evoking each of the Zonei to learn a bit about each of them via my own experience. I have evoked Nanna (moon god), Nabu (associated with Mercury, listed as Nebo), Inanna (associated with Venus), and Shammash (sun god). Next will be Nergal.

I will post my experiences with each of these gods (and goddess!) for those who are interested or have had their own experiences with them.

I am preparing to walk the Nine Gates listed in this Necronomicon as a major pathworking. I am very excited to take this on (and shitting my pants a little, but, um… in a good way?).

20 Likes

[quote=“HappyKanibl, post:1, topic:5066”]I am starting this thread as a means of sharing my experiences as I work with some of the gods in the 1586 Necronomicon.

I recently began by simply using the sigils in this book to evoke Sumerian gods (e.g. Inanna, Shammash, Marduk, etc.). To be honest, I had my doubts that they would work.

Right now I am working my way through evoking each of the Zonei to learn a bit about each of them via my own experience. I have evoked Nanna (moon god), Nabu (associated with Mercury, listed as Nebo), Inanna (associated with Venus), and Shammash (sun god). Next will be Nergal.

I will post my experiences with each of these gods (and goddess!) for those who are interested or have had their own experiences with them.

I am preparing to walk the Nine Gates listed in this Necronomicon as a major pathworking. I am very excited to take this on (and shitting my pants a little, but, um… in a good way?).[/quote]
I haven’t worked with this grimoire but I’m looking forward to hear about your experiences!

1 Like

never heard of the 1568 version how reliable is the date? Have you checked it with John Wisdom Gonce III ? He is the expert of experts onthe issue.

But all in all- if oyu are getting what you want- who cares, right?

[quote=“N.A:O, post:2, topic:5066”][quote=“HappyKanibl, post:1, topic:5066”]I am starting this thread as a means of sharing my experiences as I work with some of the gods in the 1586 Necronomicon.

I am preparing to walk the Nine Gates listed in this Necronomicon as a major pathworking. I am very excited to take this on (and shitting my pants a little, but, um… in a good way?).[/quote]
I haven’t worked with this grimoire but I’m looking forward to hear about your experiences![/quote]

1 Like

I evoked Nergal the other night. I’ve not met many entities - including demons - that intimidated the shit out of me, but Nergal managed to do just that. I had to fight my urge to end the evocation throughout pretty much the whole encounter!

That being said, this guy is fucking cool!

When he first showed up he didn’t say anything and wasn’t answering my questions, but it felt like he was pressing himself as close to me as he could, intentionally trying to crowd my space. When he did begin to speak, he seemed a bit pissed off that he had to be in my presence (although even as it was occurring it seemed like he was really just testing my mettle, like I have experienced with some demons). When I told him that I was preparing to walk the nine gates, he… well, he was suddenly enthusiastic about it! His demeanor didn’t soften; it was more like I told him I was throwing a party so he told me what he was going to bring to it, even though I hadn’t invited him (yet).

He said that he would “cut down” all that is standing in my path. He said he would “burn” anything in my way. I proceeded to clarify certain parameters to him, such as that he was not to harm anyone I cared for, etc.

Then my eyes started burning, badly. I went to rub them and he told me not to; that they were burning because he was burning away some things within me that needed to be gone, and that I must allow it to happen. This was when I really wanted to close down the ritual. I felt a heightened state of panic well up in me but I wasn’t going to let my fears get the best of me. Nergal noticed this struggle within me and laughed.

*Side note: As I wrote that last paragraph I accidentally slipped into the TG sync, and some entity just showed up. It isn’t responding when I ask who it is; it’s just a big shadow on my right side. It feels like it is an agent of Nergal’s. Shit, I feel like I’m going to pass out and the computer screen looks like it’s twenty feet away. At the same time, I get the impression that this entity is here to support me somehow. It is speaking to me now in a very, very low voice. I can’t understand what it’s saying. Not consciously anyway.

Gotta go.

6 Likes

So, when I got off my computer last night it took me a few minutes to refocus and center myself so I could communicate with the entity that was here. He had a very different energy than Nergal; he felt assertive but not aggressive, and he was very dark, heavy, and calm. I saw no features; just a big, inky mass. When I heard his voice it was, again calm and clear, and it said, “Tell me some things that you want.” I took this to mean things that I want in my life. It seemed as if he wanted me to create sort of rough draft for Creating my life exactly how I want it. Either that or I completely misunderstood.

He listened to everything that I said, and at some point he told me his name. I was sure that I would forget it and told him I had to write it down, to which he warned, “No! Do not write down my name and don’t speak it to another. And you will remember my name tomorrow. Trust me.”

He was right. I do remember, and I usually suck at remembering names! I have felt him off and on all day, and he has counceled on some daily challenges as they have come up. He seems to be aimed at teaching to eliminate any of my own behaviors that are a waste of my time and energy.

Hmmm… Nergal did say he would cut down and burn anything in my way, and when I am wasting my own time and energy, I am engaging in getting in my own way. By eliminating those behavioral practices I am getting out of my way, hence freeing myself up to be the version of me that I am Creating! Ha! That’s fucking awesome! I fucking love black magic and I love my Path!!!

Tonight I will be evoking Marduk. I have sooooooooo been looking forward to this one!

*Also, in the next couple of days I will post my initial experiences with Nanna, Nabu, Inanna, and Shammash, which occurred previous to evoking Nergal.

5 Likes

Congrats on your success thus far! Would love to hear more.
One question though… how is this book different from the Simon Necronomicon we all know and love? It seems that they’re doing exactly the same things, but yet you call it the 1584 Necro, so I’m just curious.

1 Like

Euoi, most of the text is the same. However, the sigils in the 1586 version are completely different, as are the Gates of Walking, and there are nine Gates instead of seven. The 50 names of Marduk aren’t in this version but a couple of other sections are, such as sigils for the Old Ones (including Kthulu and Haster) and magical squares for seven of them. There are also sigils for the Outer Gods, like Nyarlat-Hotep and Shub-Niggurath.

7 Likes

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Keep going on, please, and thank you for the leads on this version of the Necronomicon.

2 Likes

Great stuff!

just a few questions?

were you able to view the entities visibly? if so, how did they look like?

what summoning method did you use? which incantations?

lastly, when you hear their voice, do you hear it as you would another person? or is it different?

1 Like

[quote=“rd166, post:9, topic:5066”]Great stuff!

just a few questions?

lastly, when you hear their voice, do you hear it as you would another person? or is it different?[/quote]

Great questions!

I saw some of them but not all.

I saw Nanna, the moon god. He appeared to me as an old (but not weak) man with a long, grey beard. His voice was very soothing. I could hear his voice very clearly. It almost seemed to me like I could hear him as if he were another human being, but it’s always at least a little bit different for me, maybe because I don’t have conversations with people when I’m the TG sync. Haha… maybe I should try that sometime and see how similar it is to having a conversation with an entity like this!

I did not see Nabu (Nebo in the Necronomicon). I could only feel his presence and hear his voice in my head. Same with Inanna and Shammash.

With Nergal, it was different. I saw him… sort of. It was like my mind’s eye was looking at him through a zoomed-in lense so I could only see a part of him. As I have already posted, he felt like he was pressing in to try and crowd my space, and seeing him in the way that I did just intensified that.

Now, as for the method that I have been using: I gaze upon the sigil, get into the TG sync, and simply call to the entity to come to me. I am used to using demonic enns (both with and without sigils), which are SO effective! However, since I do not have any enns for ancient Sumerian gods, I have been adding the “alash tad…” chant, which has seemed to aide manifestation. I live in a small apartment in downtown Long Beach, CA, with my lady, two dogs, and a cat. I do not have a space - nor have I for some time - that I can use for creating a magic circle, lighting candles, etc., so I work with what I’ve got. Haha… I expect I will get some criticism from some of you who read this, that I am not really evoking these entities because I don’t use incense smoke for them to appear in or something like that. If so, I hope it is something constructive so I can learn from what you have to say. Otherwise, it should be entertaining! :slight_smile:

I evoked Marduk last night. It was awesome! I’ll post about it later today or tomorrow.

6 Likes

[quote=“HappyKanibl, post:10, topic:5066”][quote=“rd166, post:9, topic:5066”]Great stuff!

just a few questions?

lastly, when you hear their voice, do you hear it as you would another person? or is it different?[/quote]

Great questions!

I saw some of them but not all.

I saw Nanna, the moon god. He appeared to me as an old (but not weak) man with a long, grey beard. His voice was very soothing. I could hear his voice very clearly. It almost seemed to me like I could hear him as if he were another human being, but it’s always at least a little bit different for me, maybe because I don’t have conversations with people when I’m the TG sync. Haha… maybe I should try that sometime and see how similar it is to having a conversation with an entity like this!

I did not see Nabu (Nebo in the Necronomicon). I could only feel his presence and hear his voice in my head. Same with Inanna and Shammash.

With Nergal, it was different. I saw him… sort of. It was like my mind’s eye was looking at him through a zoomed-in lense so I could only see a part of him. As I have already posted, he felt like he was pressing in to try and crowd my space, and seeing him in the way that I did just intensified that.

Now, as for the method that I have been using: I gaze upon the sigil, get into the TG sync, and simply call to the entity to come to me. I am used to using demonic enns (both with and without sigils), which are SO effective! However, since I do not have any enns for ancient Sumerian gods, I have been adding the “alash tad…” chant, which has seemed to aide manifestation. I live in a small apartment in downtown Long Beach, CA, with my lady, two dogs, and a cat. I do not have a space - nor have I for some time - that I can use for creating a magic circle, lighting candles, etc., so I work with what I’ve got. Haha… I expect I will get some criticism from some of you who read this, that I am not really evoking these entities because I don’t use incense smoke for them to appear in or something like that. If so, I hope it is something constructive so I can learn from what you have to say. Otherwise, it should be entertaining! :slight_smile:

I evoked Marduk last night. It was awesome! I’ll post about it later today or tomorrow.[/quote]

Incredible. Congrats to you!
Thank you for sharing this info. So little is known about the ancient mesopotamian Gods, since so few people work with them due to giving preference to other entities in more modern pantheons and systems. I view work with these incredible beings the same as walking through some ancient ruins- a taste of ancient spiritual history. Absolutely fascinating, for me at least.

Hey, if it works, then it works. No need to follow everyone’s procedure just for the sake of it. Ritual is something that is personal and the experience is different for everyone, so good work!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. I really look forward to your posts about working with the others.
Keep up the amazing work.

3 Likes

The other night I evoked Marduk. He was… vast. When he first showed up my breathing fell into a strange rhythm, taking much deeper, fuller breaths than I am used to. Similarly, I was suddenly in an impossibly large space. I was in a room that was several hundred feet long and maybe half that in width. I didn’t notice how high the ceiling was, or if there was one. Everything was vast but no matter how far away anything was, I was almost close enough to touch it.

Lord Marduk remained just out of sight. I caught glimpses of him out of the corner of my vision but that was it. His energy was all power, no force, and it filled the entire room with ease. He was very calm.

There was something extremely familiar to me about all of this. When I was very young - maybe 5 or 6 years old - I started having a recurring dream that scared the shit out of me. In the dream, I experienced exactly what I described above, with the room being impossibly large, yet everything in it was almost close enough to touch, etc. The details of what was in the room would sometimes change, and sometimes it was just a huge, open space, but the dream always felt the same and there was always someone there with me. One of the first times I had the dream (maybe it was the very first; I don’t recall), I was told by the being who was beside me that I could have all the power in the world - the whole world… EVERYTHING. I remember it felt like I was a young prince being told of all the power and responsibility I had inherited, and it freaked me the fuck out! I told him, “No! It’s too much! It’s too much! I don’t want it! Leave me alone!” … and then I woke up in my bed, crying.

So, as that memory came rushing back to me I asked Lord Marduk if he had been the one who came to me in those dreams. Of course, I already knew the answer: Yes. I went on from there, asking him more questions to help me deal with this revelation.

Then, I asked him whether the 50 Names of Marduk in the Simon necronomicon were accurate. He told me that “they can be used for the powers attributed to them.” He said that the names were not important unto themselves. Each power could be called by some other name, but that it is important to assign a name to each power. Since these unique names have already been assigned to them within the Simon necronomicon, they can work.

It occurred to me the next morning that I hadn’t ask him whether the sigils that accompany the names were the true sigils of those powers. I’ll ask him next time.

*I just realized something else, regarding the dreams I had when I was a child. I started falling into deep depressions when I was six years old. I didn’t realize what was going on until I saw a psychologist around 20 years later, and since then I’ve been putting the pieces together. The only piece that I never fully understood was: What the hell happened when I was 6 years old that I suddenly became prone to such nasty depression? Since there wasn’t a traumatizing event in my life at that age, it just didn’t make sense to me. But now, it seems I have a key piece to this puzzle that I never had before. Hmmm… or maybe not. I will fine out.

5 Likes

Is this book avaliable online?

1 Like

Yes it is. Just Google it. My copy is a pdf.

2 Likes

I evoked Ninib (associated with Saturn) a couple of nights ago. It didn’t go very well… or maybe it did. I had had a couple of drinks and a couple of hits (literally two) of weed, a few hours before. I had intended to evoke Ninib a couple nights before but it didn’t happen. Since I was starting to get anxious and impatient, I ended up forcing myself to go ahead with it.

This was not the smartest thing I’ve ever done. It took me awhile to get into the TG sync, I didn’t have a clear connection with him once I did(I couldn’t even hear him for most of it)… I even started to nod off a couple of times, then keep pushing forward. Even then, everything in me told me to shut it down and try another time… but I didn’t.

Finally, when I did decide to call it quits, I heard a soft but distinct voice say, “Don’t dismiss me; let me work on you while you sleep and I will leave after that.” So, I did.

The next morning, I felt like a train wreck and I realized that I had made a big, stupid-ass mistake! I took a moment to dismiss Ninib, then went on with my day… which sucked ass until the late afternoon. However, that was when it dawned on me that, perhaps, I had done exactly the right thing after all.

I considered that maybe the voice I heard really was that of Ninib, and that he really did need to work on me (meaning that he had to… rearrange me somehow, maybe shift around some mental programming?). Well, for the last day or so I have felt like I have had a major attitude adjustment, and I’m feeling good!

In any case, I will be evoking him again in the next day or two; I expect I will have a better connection next time.

3 Likes

After nearly a week of over-thinking the hell out of my last evocation to Ninib/Adar and second-guessing myself, I evoked him again this morning. It went MUCH better than the last time!

I began by asking him if he preferred one of his names over another, between Ninib, Ninurta, and Adar. He said it didn’t matter to him, and asked me which I preferred. I was caught a little off-guard by his response and told him I didn’t know.

I didn’t see him, but felt his presence quite strongly. He - and the entire space - felt very dark, quite, and grounded. He was extremely polite and well-spoken, and seemed delighted to engage in whatever conversation I began with him.

I mentioned that the 1586 Necronomicon said his number is 4, “as in the four corners of the earth.” I asked if that meant that he could teach about elemental magic. He said that he could, but as they relate to transformation; he is not so much a spirit that encompasses the elements exactly, but how the elements flow and cycle from one to another. He represents - among other things - the transformation that occurs throughout that cycle. He said that he can teach about that aspect of the four elements.

Then I asked him about the 9 Gates. He said, “Yes, you want to walk them.”

I, of course, said, “Yes,” to which he replied, “You already are.”

WTF??!?! That was pretty much my response. He said that I had begun as soon as I started evoking the Zonei, since I had the intention of walking the Gates when I began my evocations.

I asked him how I should go about walking the actual Gates, and after some conversation he said that simply gazing at each Gate the way I would a sigil would work just fine. The words he used were, “For you, this will work well.” I took this to mean that this would be a fitting approach for me, but that another approach may be better for the next person. He told me that I needed to paint each Gate as well. It will really be a three-step process for me to walk each Gate:

1. Evoke the Gate by gazing at it and entering the TG sync
  2. Based on my experience in step 1, create a painting of the Gate
  3. Evoke the Gate again, like in step 1, but this time gaze at what I painted

I then asked if I should evoke Yuggoth (associated with the 8th Gate) before walking the Gates, or if I should wait until I open the 8th Gate. He said it would be fine for me to evoke him, but warned me not to “go to deep.” He said Yuggoth would invite me to go deep, but NOT to do so. I have some hunches as to what he meant by this verbiage, but I’ll refrain from speculating in favor of just evoking Yuggoth and finding out for myself.

I also asked about evoking the Old Ones and the Outer Gods, since their sigils are presented in this Necronomicon. He said I could evoke them now, but he recommended that I walk the 9 Gates first, as he instructed, then evoke the Old Ones, saving the Outer Gods for last.

This is gonna be fucking cool!!!

Finally, I asked him if he - being associated with Saturn and in some respects, Earth - would be a spirit who could bring me wealth, and teach me to do so. I “felt” him smirk at this (if that makes any sense). He reiterated that he is a being of transformation, and that he could, indeed, teach this to me, but only if I were to embrace the transformation within myself that is required to fully facilitate becoming one who is Wealthy. This includes material, monetary wealth of course, but goes way beyond that; to truly be one who is Wealthy is to enjoy that Wealth in every single aspect of one’s existence.

I said, “Yes, I want that. Let’s do it!” He replied with, “Good! And so we begin.”

As I dismissed him, without thinking about it, I said, “Thank you, Adar.” He smiled and said, “You chose what to call me.”

This journey is very cool and very interesting.

5 Likes

i had recently went through this 1586 Necronomicon, an interesting book indeed. Although i have to say, unlike the Simon Nec it have no formula for the opening or walking the gates and there is no Sigil is given against the 9th Gate ( 9 Gates but 8 Sigils). May be the formulas from the Simon Nec could be tried to open the first 7 Gates. One most important thing anyone should be careful in the Pg. 39 of the pdf or Pg 27 as mentioned in the pdf, about the Astral Meade. Here, the book advised about soaking of Seeds of Morning Glory with Petroleum ether then again soaking in wood alcohol ( Methanol). Well, methanol is poisonous. Methanol has a high toxicity in humans. If as little as 10 mL of pure methanol is ingested, for example, it can break down into formic acid, which can cause permanent blindness by destruction of the optic nerve, and 30 mL is potentially fatal, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol.]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol.[/url] So, anyone who read this recipe and thinking about using it as a short cut for astral projection should use their own intelligence and think several times before attempting it at their own risk.

5 Likes

Good point, Jyoti. The impression I have gotten (or maybe just my assumption?) is that the Ninth Gate is crossing the threshold to one of those great mysteries. The kind of mystery that, it seems, only we of the LHP have the balls/ovaries to dive into and discover.

In my opinion and experience, we don’t need to follow all the contrived preparatory bullshit that is written and recommended in the Necronomicon or any other tome. That is precisely why I evoked each of the Zonei (well, I still have one to go) before Walking the Gates; I hold my own experience and wisdom in higher regard than a bunch of convoluted crap (e.g. “you must fast for 7 days prior to performing this ritual” or “you must wear blue for this operation, but never red”).

Find what works for you, and don’t be afraid to reject what may work for someone else. It doesn’t matter that there are only 8 sigils but 9 Gates.

Now, if you decide to use rituals and incantations from one or both Necronomicons, PLEASE share your experiences on here! Many of us in the BALG forum would love to hear about them!

3 Likes

I must say I have followed this series of posts with great delight, Happy Kanibl, I work with the Necronimian 50 Names of Marduk, I have only done a few, but your posts have given me much food for thought. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Milla!

What Names have you worked with? What, if I may ask, were your experiences?

2 Likes