Working with Set and Apep?

Indeed, Grant has lots of interesting things to say about Set.
Like his connection with the number 27, the Tau cross etc

2 Likes

I just wanted you to know and not blindly follow someones fantasy.
Set is Chaos and Elemental but his son, Anubis is more death. A Trickster god in ancient Egypt didnt mean overly evil and “omg death energy!”

And if you talk to Anubis he is the most chill spirit. He also thinks things out and doesnt rush into Killing or harming.

Personally i like Set’s energy as well, but he’s definitely not for everyone. :rofl:

1 Like

Technically Set is not a god of Death. He is an antinomial entity, an Adversary who was born by himself, defying all laws of nature, imposing chaos against the normalised order.

1 Like

Kenneth Grant’s “Nightside of Eden”
contains both sigils of Set & Apep.
I could post them or send them as PM
if you want.

Regards,
Lukianov

4 Likes

The sigil posted works very good. I would try the ones you have. @Lukjanof

1 Like

@Rav

Apep (Apophis) & Set:

4 Likes

Three
Evoking them at the same time will cause a Degree of Chaos until they are in the ritual chamber, but will bring Powerful results

– THIS IS KINDA CORRECT…

devils choose their apprentices, so evoking these in sweat is not the way to get to their grace

About the look of Set:
To me Set appears as a crocodile in green or
grey what he choses or the Set-animal in black like he is known.

@rav
Did you already work further with Set
and can you tell me how he appears to you?

In one night some months ago Set cut my throat with the move of a mere finger but it wasn’t strong enough to kill me. I awoke. The feeling told me his power got near to my flesh.
The feeling was disgusting.
He said: “Never again.”

I am talking astrally when I’m leeping.
I can’t remember what was the reason for
his violence.

When I met with Set and Apep, they felt similar but also different Set felt more like a creation aspect of the void and Apep felt more like the uncreation/deconstruction aspect of the void. Although, I never felt darkness from either of them. Both of them are pretty interesting Gods.

2 Likes

@Rav I see you’ve discovered Sekhem Apep by Michael W Ford. I have that book buried somewhere. I’ve read it so I recognized that sigil instantly, though I haven’t worked with it myself. I worked with 2 of Ford’s other vampire grimoires though, The Vampire Gate and Akhkharu. I used to be an avid practioner of Ford’s books.

1 Like

I totally dig his works. Would be great if he would do an international temple for all practitioners who love his work.

1 Like

First off, the spikes in Glyphs on the Sigil of Apep you posted, need to be removed, or it will not be as Powerful as Intended.

Secondly, ALL OF YOU, get your hands on Liber Isfet : The Grimoire of the Mesu Betesh, by Lucas N.

Third, if you want more other than the book i posted, look deep into both, the Necronomicon and other Babylonian sources. And also delve into Typhon.

I am currently in the process of trying to find rituals/dig more deeply into what i have found in order to be able to write my own…

Also a Sigil of Set somebody wanted? Just use his Hieroglyphs in RED INK.

EGYPTIANS WERE VERY SUPERSTITIOUS!!!

Red Ink was forbidden, because its energy, channelled the power of Set, and Apep. The spikes were to blasphemize Apep, to dilute his power…

1 Like

I couldn’t help but chuckle. You are indeed correct. Set is “beyond good and evil”. He is beyond the petty confines of this world.

What is serpent power? Kundalini?

What is the void? And how could one utilize the uncreation/deconstruction aspect of the void?

If you click on that member’s pic you’ll see that person’s account is closed so they won’t answer.

Simply put, Kundalini is the life force that is held to lie coiled at the base of the spine until it is aroused and sent to the head to trigger enlightenment. More info on this can be found around the forum.

Yes! thank you. I kinda already knew that though. I was asking is “serpent power” meant Kundalini.

Oh, ok. Now looking more at your question, I see what you were asking. I thought you were asking about the two separately. Serpent power seems to be another term for it, yes.

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

Void is one of the elements that you either have or you don’t or you request a deity of it to aid you with it. Such as Khaos, Apep, Nun, Tiamat, as it tends to break down other energies naturally.

1 Like