Working with Set and Apep?

Guys lots of my works involve Set :heart: and now I get input from Apep God of the Vampyre.

Are you familiar with these energy workings? Are there rituals where magicians work with both Set and Apep?

Do you guys have some exemples or bibliography hints? The egiptian pantheon is somehow new to me.

4 Likes

One
Set and Apep can both exist in the same space without destroying it.

Two
They have A rivalry and that is it. The choice of the magician to work with one or both does not effect either of them in any way. They are here to fulfill your will and can put Divine Beef to the side to do as such.

Three
Evoking them at the same time will cause a Degree of Chaos until they are in the ritual chamber, but will bring Powerful results.

Four
Follow their Advice and work with them as you see fit.

7 Likes

I’ve worked with Set and Apep and their energies are very similar.

Set for Death Magic and Eternal Darkness.

And Apep for Alchemy.

Apep is extremely ancient.
Cause of this, he’s not gonna be insulting people and calling em assholes and shit.

He’s a fucking Ancient Serpent of Chaos.
Nuff Said

But they are Very powerful and multi faceted.
We see this in mythology.

Apep is able to cause Chaos because he is Chaos.
Thus Set limits the range of his actions out if necessity, not out of some Divine Beef.
Apep is also able to provide wisdom and increase your Serpent Power, and so Is Set.

Technically,
They are both Evil in the fullest sense.
But Evil means not limited or confined to morals. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

So if you can handle a double dose of that energy, go for it.

One thing I will say tho:

The Egyptian Pantheon does NOT tolerate those who treat magic as a Game. This is especially true for Set, in regards to Baneful Works.

I believe even more so for Apep.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot @Micah great insights!!! I will carefully approach this!

2 Likes

I would like to gain more info about working with Set since i have the feeling he’s contacting me for quiet a long time.
I made contact a few times but it was very confusing.

I recently ordered Set: Neter of Chaos and Confusion in the hope i’ll find some more info.

1 Like

Does anyone have a correct sigil for Set? The one I found seems incorrect. For me, it didn’t work

1 Like

You could always make one.

I pm you one

can you pm me too?

1 Like

I saw now your message. I send you the pm in a couple of moments

1 Like

Set is not Death magick. Not everything that is dark is “Ooooh Death Magick.”

4 Likes

I know but i am mostly interested in demonic Assassins and Gods of Death and this power of Set is the one I like.

1 Like

Do you guys have some exemples or bibliography hints?

I am not working with Egyptian Gods, but I have read an interesting overview of Set and Apophis in the works of Kenneth Grant (for example “Nightside of Eden”). Probably you can extract something useful for you.

3 Likes

Indeed, Grant has lots of interesting things to say about Set.
Like his connection with the number 27, the Tau cross etc

2 Likes

I just wanted you to know and not blindly follow someones fantasy.
Set is Chaos and Elemental but his son, Anubis is more death. A Trickster god in ancient Egypt didnt mean overly evil and “omg death energy!”

And if you talk to Anubis he is the most chill spirit. He also thinks things out and doesnt rush into Killing or harming.

Personally i like Set’s energy as well, but he’s definitely not for everyone. :rofl:

1 Like

Technically Set is not a god of Death. He is an antinomial entity, an Adversary who was born by himself, defying all laws of nature, imposing chaos against the normalised order.

1 Like

Kenneth Grant’s “Nightside of Eden”
contains both sigils of Set & Apep.
I could post them or send them as PM
if you want.

Regards,
Lukianov

4 Likes

The sigil posted works very good. I would try the ones you have. @Lukjanof

1 Like

@Rav

Apep (Apophis) & Set:

4 Likes

Three
Evoking them at the same time will cause a Degree of Chaos until they are in the ritual chamber, but will bring Powerful results

– THIS IS KINDA CORRECT…

devils choose their apprentices, so evoking these in sweat is not the way to get to their grace