Working with Marduk

The most credible info on Marduk I’ve come across is from Zachariah Sitchin. His translation of ancient sumerian texts is the best we’ll ever get I think. The book The War of Gods and Men is one I’d recommend to understand his psyche.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Sheeanabrugh. Please take a moment to post an introduction in our New Magician and Introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself and any magical experience you may have. It is a requirement here.

I have done that, but it’s under review.

I have worked with the Necronomicon Spellbook extensively. Great results too. I found that the spellbook is the simplest and cuts through all the unnecessary rigmarole of the original Necronomicon.

Marduk is an analogue of YHWH, Jupiter, Zeus etc. Sphere of Jupiter symbolically. Master and Lord of Magicians, i.e. True Self IMO. Teacher of divine justice–not human judgement which is terribly flawed thanks to limited perception–and revealer of the Infinite nature of reality. A very expansive spirit that typically leads to feeling of lightness.
Typical correspondences of Jupiter would apply if you insist on following those. The suggestions of the spellbook are more than enough, i.e. 2 candles, some incense and, ideally but not essentially, working at night with a waxing moon. You can build your own ritual structure too.

No specific rules. In fact, don’t even bother about the “warning” about invoking Marduk for so-called trivial situations. This is about self-knowledge and understanding the true nature of reality first and foremost. Temporal, transient and illusory physical manifestations would be the only trivialities in this context.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m not much on H.P. Lovecraft. I have read the Simon version a few times. So basically I can skip the watcher and all that is what you are saying? I can work with Marduk directly and not worry about all the other stuff?

Yes I have done it

Use the spellbook not the original

1 Like

Remember this is all a play in consciousness… nothing more.

1 Like

What do you mean?

The Necronomicon Spellbook is a much simpler approach to working with sphere of Marduk. It doesn’t have the concept of the “watcher” in it. I’m not even sure what the watcher is…I’m assuming it’s an allegorical reference to “God” / our inner, true, invisible and infinite Self who is always watching and ensuring perfect justice at every instant.

1 Like

If you were asking about the “play in consciousness”: spend time with the idea that nothing exists independent of your consciousness and everything exists within it. It’s very worth contemplating IMO.

2 Likes

I went back and looked and my Complete (Simon) Necronomicon has the watcher conjugation and stuff in it. I had read that there is more than one version of the Simon Necronomicon. But I’ll just not worry about that part of it.

1 Like

@Eternal_Idol Yeah, you could do that or just download the Necronomicon Spellbook…probably free on most sites. Work with that directly. The original Necronomicon is like any other full-length grimoire and it’s only added value is what you think it is.

1 Like

I used the sigil for Marduk from the 1586 John Dee Necronomicon. It just seemed to pull me more than the other version did.

2 Likes

Hmmm…it certainly is different from the necronomicon.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I intend evoking Barashakushu(Maduk) for assistance in an already written examination to make the grades go in my favor. I chose him after going through this forum and only 3 weeks of research.
The exam (7 papers in all) was written about 3 weeks ago and marking began about a week ago, however results will be compiled by next month and released at the end of September. I want to know if he’s the right choice for this kind of work or there are better options. Newbie here still learning :wink:

1 Like

There is a post here on useful spirits to use.

1 Like

How the sigil look like ??

The member you are replying to has not posted in two years. However, you can probably find a copy of the book he mentioned in the wilds of the interwebs.