Working with Hecate

Hello guys ! I want to start working with Hecate, but I haven’t find anything about Her. How can I start ?

Seriously? She’s one of the most popular Greek goddesses around. There is plenty of information on how to work with her.

Try the search at top right, and do switch up spellings as some spell it Hekate.

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/search?expanded=true&q=hecate

You have a lot pf options including making your own way from scratch using any system of magick you like best, from more “Pagan Goddess traditions” style of witchcraft to Western occult evocation, or Shamanic journeying to devotional work like Marc Allen Smith’s “Queen of Hell”.

Also don’t forget the original Greek mythology, and that youtube has a lot of videos from myth and historical to occult.

I would suggest starting there with what E.A. calls “preparatory immersion”, which means consuming as much as this material as you can find, (until you notice the repetition at least, imo, there’s too much for Hekate it would take a year), and gain a feeling for the entity. This is where the initial connection comes from and gains the entities attention, putting you on their radar, so to speak.

For Hekate my personal favorite is the Jason Miller work, the book" the protection and reversal magick " is focused on protection but help also to start to work with Hekate and to form hekatean protective circle. You have also the amazing books from Jack Grayle and Jeff Cullen focused on Her. With these authors you have years of practice at hands.
To merge into the Hekatean current start books like Hekate Liminal Rites and Hekate Keys to the crossroads are good for this task then you have important bibliography at the end of most of these books to go further.

Granted it wasn’t cheap, but I’d still have to recommend Jason Miller’s Sorcery of Hekate course if you’re looking for something specific and actionable rather than purely historical information or otherwise. It’s of course not necessary, as I know from personal experience after years prior without it, but it is extremely valuable and well done, also from personal experience since. I would also recommend the special print Ritual Offerings; written by Aaron Leitch, and some others, too. The one by Jeff Cullen is also going to be worth grabbing while you’re at it. I also enjoyed Queen of Hell by Mark Alan Smith, but it should not be viewed as a historical source as much as one of unverified personal gnosis, to be fair while also speaking praise.

1 Like

Sorita D’este Books mentioned above are a good starting points. Also her Orphyic Hymn will be useful.

Does anyone have a book Hecate: Death, Transition and Spiritual Mastery by Jade Sol Luna?

1 Like