Chiri:
For me, there is nothing when I close my eyes and try to envision. I cannot see his clothes, or his face. It’s only dark, aka: blind.
That’s okay, I just wanted to get a grip on the boundaries.
Seems like evoking into an object (idol) which is probably one of the oldest forms of evocation may be for you, that way you don’t need to structure using your mind’s eye.
I posted a thing about that below:
Another tool I used when I was younger was images of a being (paintings I did, or sculptures) and they seem to find it easier to project clairvoyant movement and features onto that, which is what (I currently believe) the statues in ancient temples were for, as bases for an anthropomorphic manifestation, which MAY have been preferable to an abstract shape in that it encouraged the entity to perceive our human world and limitations, and also to project an aspect of themselves that was closer to human in other ways.
The only images I have now are for beings in my “family” who have a permanent place in my life and who I trust completely.
While I’m talking about statues, I don’t know if any of you ever saw the Morgana fortune telling machines - they had a white blank-faced mannequin, onto which a talking woman’s face was projected like a miniature cinema screen:
They looked far creepier than the real thing of using a statue or painting, but the effect is quite similar to evocations onto a suitably anthropomorphic base - I also think the use of suitable objects as convenient manifestation bases is why many monotheistic religions banned the use of images entirely, even for decorative purposes.
E.A. talked about use of idols to faciliate evocation, in this:
2 Likes