Physical manifestation

My Personal Daemon is the latest in a small list who manifests to the point where he can touch me, properly, and I can feel him - this is usually accompanied by clairvoyantly visible manifestation, not full visibility as though he was standing in the room as an ordinary person. He’s done that only a couple of times but it was really tiring.

There’s often a “can touch, can’t be seen with ordinary vision” or “can be seen in the normal way, can’t touch” line, I don’t know why. Only a very few spirits who I have intense connections with can do both, and it’s not used or necessary most of the time.

Some can be heard with ordinary hearing, however I find this tiring (it’s as though there’s more focus needed) so once a spirit can manage that I’m usually happy with clairaudient conversation in future workings, once they’ve verified their identity.

My Child can speak audibly and be seen physically, with less effort and focus, perhaps because of the connection we shared.

Some beings seem to prefer clairvoyant visibility but will send flashes of light or what looks like occasional black confetti, visible with ordinary sight, and some beings who I can only see clairvoyantly (for example an entity connected to Defectron on here, who I evoked) can knock things over or cause banging or creaking using physical force.

Most of my evocations of beings outside what I might as well call my “family” are clairvoyant with perhaps a faint normally-visible outline, or confetti/flashes, and clairaudient once they’ve ID’d themselves and once I learn their specific voices.

I don’t find that information gained clairaudiently is any less reliable, provided the spirit has adequately ID’d themselves and there’s a relationship with shared goals that means they’re not busy trying to fob me off with nonsense.

Viewed from the school of thought that everything is consciousness and that we contain the entire universe and Source itself just as it contains us, I wonder if thinking in terms of physical evocation is plausible.

… As the spirit manifests its energetic make-up will turn into a physical presentation, which might explain why some entities are less than pleasing to look at. In this idea there is a dual effort, for was the spirit to remain in its natural habitat we would not be able to perceive the spirit even in the state we acquire for evocation (assuming you’re not trying to summon a lower astral entity, of course)


I’m not sure if I’m understanding you correctly but I think the physical manifestation is in some way a joint-creation of the magician and the spirit. And I’m not sure that, just because I can see them or hear them physically, anyone else could, and I’ve never tried to capture this on camera - I’ll leave that for the sceptics.

Also I don’t think physical manifestation is necessary in every case, nonetheless this puts aside once and for all the “is it only in my head?” stuff - once you’ve felt a being run its dry fingers down your face, you’re less likely to think you made this up; once a being’s knocked something over to make a point, you’re less likely to ignore their guidance or requests; and once you’ve heard a being speak to your normal hearing, the idea this is wishful thinking kinda flies out the door.

I’m leaning more towards the school of thought that if a being can manifest, with it being a joint effort between you both, then they have more chance of affecting the physical world more quickly and dramatically.

I don’t like to use smoke as a base too often because it irritates my sinuses, so it’s more normal to have darkness and I have a silk flame-light that creates flickering shadows, so I use that (some spirits are very adept at making those shadows “coincidentally” look like their image, for as long as they’re here) or darkness to get a slightly visible outline that sometimes looks like a retinal after-image, kind of glowing, and clairvoyance fills in the rest.

Another tool I used when I was younger was images of a being (paintings I did, or sculptures) and they seem to find it easier to project clairvoyant movement and features onto that, which is what (I currently believe) the statues in ancient temples were for, as bases for an anthropomorphic manifestation, which MAY have been preferable to an abstract shape in that it encouraged the entity to perceive our human world and limitations, and also to project an aspect of themselves that was closer to human in other ways.

The only images I have now are for beings in my “family” who have a permanent place in my life and who I trust completely.

While I’m talking about statues, I don’t know if any of you ever saw the Morgana fortune telling machines - they had a white blank-faced mannequin, onto which a talking woman’s face was projected like a miniature cinema screen:

They looked far creepier than the real thing of using a statue or painting, but the effect is quite similar to evocations onto a suitably anthropomorphic base - I also think the use of suitable objects as convenient manifestation bases is why many monotheistic religions banned the use of images entirely, even for decorative purposes.

As a last comment on this, I had a half-asleep dream the other day in which evocation had become so much a part of life, you could buy cylindrical columns that filled with smoke and were used as bases, they had a sound chamber kind of like the “devil’s toybox” that has small membranes inside (like the ones in a headphone speaker) and were miked-up to larger speakers by the column…

Anyway, just me thinking out loud and wonder what floats your boat in this sense and also if you have any juicy stories to share.
One thing that always gets me is the scent of entities - they each have their own distinct odour that grows stronger the more I work with them. This is another reason I don't always like to use incense as a base - I don't believe the spirits are gviing off actual particles of matter (which is what scent is) - I think it's a psychic triggering of the olfactory nerve, which is receptive to electrical impulses as well as fine particles.

It’s the shortest cranial nerve and the only one apart from the optic nerves that links directly to the brain.

Some examples: Hathor smells like fruit, somewhere between strawberries and the scent of Shiraz red wine, Belial smells like salty hard-working clean sweat with an iron undertone, and Akatasha smells like dusty and aged dried powdery things, with a topnote of tannins.

Azazel smells like when you’ve been holding something made of iron in your hand on a hot day, with a scent of incense and something almost like petroleum over the top.

Raphael has a non-cloying rose scent, and these scents often come through ahead of any other presence, and with time they ID the spirit as well as his or her signature.

Finally, on the rare occasions I’ve done a summoning and an impostor spirit has tried to mimic another, there’s a sour vomit-like smell to be detected, not unlike the way illness smells on a human.

1 Like