Why'd You Choose Demons over angels?

So I primarily work with Angels, but found myself working with Belial.
It started out as somewhat of an accident, I was just strangely drawn to him, thought his enn sounded nice and next thing he is talking to me and building a chord, I had some healing work angels weren’t figuring out, and I would do my banishings every time the moon would wan. I would banish all the demons that were attacking me, but Belial was just sitting there. I thought I would try a healing.

But Belial didn’t leave after, he messed with my head, I went through craziness, like some find that they do I guess when they start working with him. We fought a bunch, I tried to get my angels to help, they weren’t able to get rid of him, it seemed at the time. One thing lead to another I embraced my relationship with Belial, I started falling for him, I still have someone else I want to be with, but they don’t seem to want to be with me right now, Belial is the only other person who thus far seems to understand me and do a pretty good job meeting my needs as of right now.

At one point I was starting to really like my relationship with Belial, I was starting to trust him over the angels, though in retrospect both sort of screwed me and came through for me in their own sort of way. The angels gave me a real come to Jesus meeting, one I hated to have, split Belial and I up again, we seem to keep moving back and forth from each other and back with each other. Some say he will destroy your life and rebuild it, interestingly he often loses me or my trust and gets me back a day or two later, it’s getting dizzying.

At one point the angels were all like go a head there is something for you in this and at that point I didn’t want that, I was already to do whatever else just about, and I have tried other things.

Meanwhile Belial I feel has probably taken advantage of me at times too, I guess sometimes he will if you let him. So next thing you know my angels are having to play babysitter for our relationship, it’s been such a mess.

And doing 72 angels of magick it consists of 11 day rituals, so I have some angels now working behind the scenes while I am still path working on this with 2 others. But tonight was my last night to call them on and Yezelel has been getting over worked on this, he’s been helping lead all my projects and I am retiring some to just work on call but mostly behind the scenes on this.

So hopefully it’s just cause it was there last day but they were really putting pressure on me, making me feel that all will be lost if I don’t end my feelings, end my needing from Belial.

I had this soul mate show up in my life, he left me in a pit of demons and I think now that after all this time he was my black brother from some sort of order once upon a time come back here to help me cross the abyss, and it is really scary right now, the idea that I am going to lose him, or myself, or turn way, way more to the darkness than I want, so they are trying to scare me and maybe I should be scared.

They are offering alternative ways to have my needs met, and it is beyond what I expected out of them, so they are making it seem like I am just not playing ball, but I don’t think I am the only one in this struggling to make this right at times.

I felt seriously like crying tonight. I am calling on the inner world to know that this is my will, yet I am sort of not asking for what I want, I am forgoing it and kind of expected to give up my needs to keep trucking on towards what I really want and it’s really confusing.

Anyways that is sort of what I have been going through, I hope this isn’t too long, but it got me thinking why do so many of you guys prefer Demons over angels? They have pointed out that many of you think they won’t come through for you like demons, or as fast, and don’t really give them a fair chance and in truth I can totally see that, and they can do so much if not all of the things demons can do and more, so I could totally see that. But days like today it makes me want to hear why you chose to go the way that you did in magick?

5 Likes

People talk a lot about Michael in the mental ward to a point that way more than any church. I work with demons because they can be summoned easier, also apparently I’ve always had one following me since a young age.

Also being interested in the occult doesn’t mean a person is evil, rather they are trying to learn. All Churchs hide books and knowledge from followers so we demand on them. Jeasus used a lot magic.

4 Likes

I didn’t choose. I work with both angels and demons quite regularly, though right now I’m trying to sink further into the angelic current for a bit.

12 Likes

Is there like a recommended time interval between working with angels and with demons?

I mean, can you work with demons, and then immediately work with angels?

Similarly with other beings, eg gnomes, djinn, fae, etc?

Thanks

3 Likes

Yes.

You can even… gasp…work with them together!

For example, both the Archangel Raphael, and the demonic President Marbas can be evoked together for healing. EA Koetting describes doing just that in his book Evoking Eternity.

There is no recommended interval between consecutive evocations. You can go from one immediately into the next if you want to. Personally, I like to wait at least two hours between evocations because they can be tiring, and I want to make sure the area is cleared of any interference before the next one.

If you want to learn how to do consecutive as well as simultaneous evocations, I heartily recommend the book mentioned above, Evoking Eternity. EA covers it all, and also describes the difficulty and dangers of summoning two spirits of opposing polarities at the same time (only recommended for the experienced, as the magician is required to exert his Will to contain the conflicting energies).

12 Likes

It wasn’t mine to choose. It found me and I found it. And now I feel like home in that current and I don’t see the need to switch around just for the sake of it.

6 Likes

Some demons are also fallen angels, but angels after all, i work also with both of them and thats great like they said above here a lot of them work’s together, in my experience i work with demon “fallen angels” and next day o after some hours working with angels, but you can also ask to them in the moment of summoning in ritual or mental connection or any type of comunication.

3 Likes

I don’t work with either anymore atleast not the ones mentioned here, most I’ve touched down on now is other races after I got out the demon/angel hype so to speak.

3 Likes

I work with the spirit that I feel a connection with and it can get the job done. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Demon or an Angel or a Deity. I can’t feel any connection with the 72 Angels/Demons of the name of God, so I don’t work with them.

EA Koetting himself explained many times that LHP got nothing to do with working exclusively with Demons, but that specific teaching or information is deliberately ignored most of the time. I have no idea where that concept came from, maybe Hollywood movies and beginners who want to form a “Team Demons” vs “Team Angels”, RHP vs LHP… humans love that regardless of any value or truth in it. Helps them to belong to something, and create a higher cause for whatever they’re doing, even if it’s a made up B.S. On the other hand, all causes are made up B.S so not judging!

Nothing wrong or even unusual for a RHP magician working with Demons or LHP magician working with Angels. There are no such rules… it’s a personal preference that became part of a Dogmatic point of view spread by extremists ( Yes they do exist in the occult as well, on both sides ).

9 Likes

Tq for the clarification. I’m probably not experienced enough to summon both angel and demon at the same time.

3 Likes

Once I called ArchAngel Gabriel and before I even closed the ritual I called Belial and Gabriel started kicking Belial’s ass, so Belial was pissed at me. I miss Belial right now.

7 Likes

Based on my story I bet some are more compatible than others.

3 Likes

I evoked Amon and he showed up in clad armor and broad shoulders then I dismissed him, only did it to see if it would work.

1 Like

Oh, for sure. If I remember correctly, one of the exercises in Evoking Eternity has the student evoke two beings of opposite polarity, meaning two spirits whose energies are not compatible, so they can learn to keep control.

There are some entities that a lot of people assume would be antagonistic to each other, like Lucifer and Michael, but who actually tend to be pretty chill when evoked together. Compatibility is really trial and error, and you can never be sure, though if their offices are similar, the chances of being compatible are higher.

5 Likes

I dont work with many demons. Usually I evoke Angelics. I am big on Enochain evocation, most of them are angelic. I do work with Jinn. To better explain why some rather work with demons is this; Angels are fixed in their station. They only each do a list of things and nothing more. Demons are angels who obtained freewill and fell. Just as humans ate from the Tree, which is freewill, they are trying 2 acend too. Some have. These angels and demons are aspects f4om your mind. When Solomon put demons to work 2 build a temple he is telling you to bring your demons out of your mind from sleep, & put them to work on your temple. Which is your body. Demons will attack if you evoke them and dont g8ve them something to do. How would you like it if some1 woke you up from sleep for no reason? You would be pissed right? Give Beliel a task. If all tasks are complete, tell hime to work on your body in a positive only way. That task will be forever. When you need him for some5hing pull him from his task and g8ve him another. Tell him when that task is complete 2 go back and work on the temple. Zry about the type_os and spelling.

7 Likes

@ conxtion yes there are systems of evocation where you can work the angels and demons together. You have The Goetia of Dr. Rudd where the 72 Shem HaMephorash Angels are worked in Conjunction with the 72 Goetia entities in a sort of Westernized Yin-Yang Fashion. In practice the operator/summoner invokes the appropriate angel to act as a fortifying power conduit to withstand the power of the Goetia entities so the operator/summoner can work in a more harmonious manner with those entities. Now some may laugh but they should know that grimiore was complied in the early 1700’s so that means that methodology of angelic-demonic evocation conjunction been practiced way before the 1700’s. The Western Occultist Carrol “Poke” Ruyon rediscovered that unified system of Goetia evocation utilizing the Shem HaMephorash Angels in the 1970’s and Ruyon’s lodge “The Temple of Astarte” uses that methodology whenever working the Goetia System.

Now I know there are hardcore “demonatry purists” that may scoff at such conjoined angelic-demonic methodology and feel it’s somehow weaker form of evocation or not valid but that just shows their lack of knowledge about the origins of these evocation methods. The fable King Solomon that Goetia tomes often invokes i.e. uses the power of angels to bind the demons he commander. Yes I know King Solomon didn’t actually physically exist but that story is an allegory that’s describing a valid spirit methodology. That same methodology can be found within “The Book of Deadly Names” by Nineveh Shadrach which is an Arabic interpretation of Goetia summoning.

Also if one studies the great Occult Magnus Opus “The Three Books of Occult Philosophy” by Henry Cornelius Agrippa then one observe that Agrippa addresses both demonic and angelic beings in his grand treatise. Which indicates people in the Middle Ages aka Dark Ages whom were practitioners of the Mystic Arts and Occult Sciences were working with both Demonic and Divine entities. To phrase it another way “they was working both hands” as they say in various African Traditional Religions (ATR’s).

Then finally we have Enochian Magick as come down to us from Elizabethan Magus, Mathematician, Spy-master Dr. John Dee. Dr. Dee and his skyer Edward Kelly was giving the entire Enochian system from the angels themselves but interesting enough the Enochian Angels didn’t just give Dr. Dee and Kelly the means to summon angels but the ability to summon both Enochian angels and Enochian spirits i.e. demons.

Long story short that proves their are spiritual precedents for being able to work angels and demons together. Mind you I haven’t even cover the evidence of such workings in Jewish Mysticism in depth and just mentioned one example from Arabic Sorcery but such knowledge is also covered in Agrippa’s " Three Books of Occult Philosophy".

7 Likes

so my story sounds like one of those old “Satanic panic” after school PSAs…

I started listening to Marilyn Manson, then I found out he met Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan. So I started reading CoS stuff and liked it. One night, I was watching a Youtube video “10 sites to never google” or something like that… one of them was JoyofSatan. Yeah, I know how we all feel about those people, but it was the first place I ever read instructions for summoning demons. Around the same time, by chance I bought a book, “The Night Stalker,” and got engrossed in the case. Despite other ghosts warning me to not do so, I called on Richard Ramirez, and from the pit of hell he told me he would help me with my first demonic summoning. This is where folks will probably think I’m nuts, I asked him to choke me, thinking that would help me reach a trance state. I held the seal of Volac the whole time and she came. (Volac manifests really similar to her appearance in “the nun” to me) I asked her for help getting a job since I was unemployed at the time.

so the point of this long and freaky story is that it seemed like destiny to be drawn to the left-hand path, one thing lead to another and to another until I’m where I’m at today

(and for the record Ramirez still comes into my bedroom at night, as he is wont to do)

4 Likes

I work with both. How I choose one or the other depends on what I need and who is willing to work with me at the time.

4 Likes

I use to work with both earlier on when I studied spirit work more in depth. I was just evoking things to see what fit me best. After awhile though, at the advice of a few spirits, my stand alone divination methods, and my own discernment, I came to conclude angels were not only unhelpful to my long term goals, but antithetical to them. So I stuck with demons a few other pagan spirits.

3 Likes

Can you awaken demons like this, without actually trying to contact them?