Why YOU Are The Luckiest Magician On Earth

I will say, as I’ve mentioned before I’m about 17-18. I didn’t start this path, system, etc until I was 15 turning 16. I didn’t actually get to practice, I had fight (not fist fight, for clarification) for it. I had to stand my ground for anything I’m doing now. (I’m actually in a Christian house.)

With that being said, there are many ways to have what I like to call an “incognito practice”. You don’t need the glitz and glamour. Hell, you don’t even need a book. Really 90% of what I know either was an idea I decided I would try out or was from spirits. The books and all of the accessories, to me, are treats.

7 Likes

That’s why you succeed, you’re not waiting to be given magick, given the tools or given permission and praise, spoonfed in soundbite form and with lots of encouragement - you went and TOOK them. :thumbsup:

To paraphrase Roseanne Barr, the thing some people have yet to learn is that no-one gives you power - you just take it.

I don’t blame people for wanting things to come easy, part of the reason we do magick is because we want shortcuts, we want the world to adapt to US and not the other way round, but there comes a point at which this goes beyond trying to adapt life to suit our own needs and into self-created obstacles, and often done with complete lack of awareness as to the history of magick and of the difficulties faced, even now, by many people. :thinking:

8 Likes

:sweat_smile: I feel the frustration aimed at me and others

Precisely. Time and death do not wait so why should I? Praise and words are meaningless, they don’t give me progress, I do.

3 Likes

One of the reasons I made this a thread was so as to not call anyone out, and also, I think we can ALL slip into moments of this, maybe less so or more so, but like I said I had a meltdown over running out of coffee yesterday, sometimes it’s good to take a moment to reflect on what we have, instead of only ever focusing on what we desire, what we lack, especially when I see people tripping themselves up and having public meltdowns over it.

We are blessed – we are the inheritors of the hard work, and the literal blood, sweat, and tears of untold thousands of magicians, psychics, and witches before us.

Next time we feel hard done by, taking a moment to reflect on this may serve as a helpful kind of re-set of energy, from the state of want and lack, to the state of power and plenty. And yeah that’s all a bit new-agey, but not everything they have is wrong, especially when it brings peace of mind, grounding, and clarity! :wink:

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Do We Always Have To Use Humans As Puppets?

Strangly enough, at one one point after I started middle school I was actually accused of being a witch. Only because I liked to put odd designs “symbols” on my note books and would spend time in the Library looking up stuff on the witch trials. This was all before I ever started practicing and in modern day NY none the less.

Luckily it got squashed before it got out of hand.

4 Likes

A lot of truth in this for the western world i think, but i also think there are enough of us working very hard to not make it the west’s epitaph, i’ll save the rest for another topic(if i ever get around to making it) about how adversity is the most misunderstood and extraordinary gift we’ve been given.

My small meltdown over the weekend was despite being out and about both days i still managed to forget to buy more candles for the super demonic ritual i had planned for that sunday night, how could i possibly summon the forces of ultimate Darkness without them? :scream: Fortunately ultimate Darkness didn’t mind at all that i ended up using the unopened pack of birthday candles that has been sitting in the kitchen cupboard for the last six months, as it turns out ultimate Darkness is very understanding about these things.

Every time all these really silly things seem like the end of the world take a step back and view them as a testament of just how far we’ve come as a society if they are the only things we have to truly complain about.

8 Likes

:fire: Oof. Great post @Lady_Eva

5 Likes

I was drawing pentagrams with chalk when I would play with my imaginary friends when I was 4… my chalk lol my .50 chalk opened me to who I was lol

2 Likes

Thank you for bumping this thread!

Pressing Ffffffffff
to pay respects to the practitioners of old.

3 Likes

And if the witch trials were not bad enough, the werewolf executions and changeling murders were pretty brutal as well.

3 Likes

Wow, people need to talk about that more!

2 Likes

Oh yes, urine soaking and death by fire for Channelings, the Wheel for suspected werewolves. Rather have the urine and fire treatment over the Wheel personally. We definitely are fortunate to live in this time period

2 Likes

Yikes! Is there like a Guiles of werewolf suspects?

This is why I hate the song “Ring around the rosie”. When victims of the trials were burned, it was done publicly alot of times.

Children would dance around the bonfire and sing that song.

“Rosie” is the color their skin would turn as they were being burned.

A pocket full of posies was used to mask the smell of burning flesh.

And I’m sure you can figure out the rest.

Usually, it was just owing a wolf pelt, possibly having the scar of a bite. Pretty ridiculous if you think about it as everyone had pelts. But if your god fearing neighbor said you were howling at the moon, shifting into one at night and hunting pretty women, you considered one and forced to confess by torture. Whether you admitted your “guilt” or not, the end result was the same

Just saw this in the new BALG newsletter, SO feeling this vibe right now:

Magicians used to travel across oceans and deserts to find apprenticeship with an occult mystery school. They would ride camels to secret caves, and sacrifice their entire lives to kneel in front of a priest. But now, you can simply log in to my members area in your pajamas and download as much knowledge as you need at your conveniene.

2 Likes

The expeditions to these locations would have certainly sorted the hobbyists from the determined. I’ve often wondered if occultists of today would be of the same calibre as those of old if the internet and mass production was removed, and if the removal of all internet archived knowledge pertaining to the occult would be an efficacious action toward the creation of different or higher breeds of practitioner.

3 Likes

I think the opening of this forum and the fact it now dominates search results for a lot of magickal, spiritual, and occult terminology, has led to a cultural shift: away from the norms of the old forum, full mostly of people who wanted to practice magick for its own sake/the sake of long-term ascent, and who often had bigger goals than purely personal gain (or the roundabout, “I’ll become a living god of empires and then she’ll want me back” stuff), and the many new friends now, who just have a problem they want fixed, and would gladly give up magick if they got it solved another way - like the difference between being a forum for plumbers, versus a helpcentre for those with leaky pipes.

I’m not judging those sick/heartbroken/poor (etc) people btw, because many folks got into magick trying to scratch some itch, then later got serious about it.

But the decreased amount of enthusiasm for the practice in its own right, of doing magick for its own sake, tends to cause people who just want the results to struggle with innovation, improvisation, and creativity, and I think that can create a kind of clash of cultures, because they appear to want spoonfeeding, while from their POV, we’re all gluttons sitting at a feast, with all the knowledge and powahs, refusing to hand over some crumbs.

The fact magick is a craft which has to be honed seems to get lost, and so does the fact that theophanies (interactions with gods and high-level spirits) are not the same thing as magick, which is focused on tanglible results, primarily in this realm of existence. :thinking:

Literally anyone can become a god in the astral and be told they’re that, and yet not be able to manifest a piece of free cheese.

I had no actual books, just a few precious things I scraped together from fiction, folklore, and family stories; no peers, the internet didn’t exist, and I didn’t even know magick was a real thing people did, and that didn’t stop me. I therefore strive to educate people to innovate and be creative.

But with an eye to my future lifetimes, I also want the maximum knowledge made available, so that next time I can start off with better tools… :thinking:

5 Likes