Why does some ceremonial magick use angels and swords to threaten demons?

It mostly tends to mean, at a high level, study and meditate on all the qlippha one by one.

Redeeming them (as stated in my post above)?

Each qlipha will unleash a series of trials and teachings to the adept. So “going thought” the qliphas means you’re passing through the energies and lessons that correspond to each part of the tree. For example, when you initiate through Gamaliel, you might face mundane challenges related to your sexuality, sense of power, self esteem, worth etc.

2 Likes

I think it gets very personal and is not a simple path, it takes many years of repeated circling deeper into yourself to work through this properly, and few are either finished with it or ready to talk about something so personal in detail. I’m not sure you’ll ever be “finished” with such a thing while you have a human body - because the target is always evolving and developing.

I am currently initiating through the Qliphoth and have recently opened and started the 3rd Qlipha (Samael/ The Poison Of God, reigned by the demon Adrammalech/ Melek-Tawus)

There are some overall similarities to initiating through the Qliphoth, but the specifics should be very personal.

My take on this in a bit of a non-theistic way (I also have a way more w00w00 way to explain, but especially with work like this. I find it necessary to view it with a healthy dose of realism) is that this is shadow work in a very extreme way. The Qlipha or the shells represent negative or harmful aspects of your personal and the collective unconscious/ subconscious. If an individual keeps these aspects in their subconscious and is not aware of these aspects. They get trapped in these shells doomed to repeat the same situations and/ or behaviors over and over again.
The initiate connects to these aspects and under guidance of their reigning demon/ archetype brings it all to the surface in order to fully experience/ feel, closely examine, process and eventually (re)integrate whatever these aspects represent in general and for you personally.
If you are not able to fully experience these with healthy defense/ coping mechanisms in place and willing to “die” to what these aspects represent for you and their attachment to you/ your ego (hence the overall theme of this tree is Death). You still get trapped in the same way you learned yourself to ignore or fight these aspects over and over again. You might even end up worse off than before.
The price, however, is that you come to fully understand these aspects and learn to integrate these parts and gain sovereignity over your subconscious, even learn how to use these aspects to your advantage. By doing this in an occult manner, means you will learn occult solutions to dealing with whatever you unearth.