Why do you think people try so hard to stand out with Satanic imagery?

Ancestors say: Why should one be offended over burning something?

People who burn things and show it on social media are wanting others to react. Why react?

I guess the real question here is - why get angry about what another person does? Does it affect you personally? Hmmmmm?

“The clown is a creature of chaos. His appearance is an affront to our sense of dignity, his actions a mockery of our sense of order. The clown (freedom) is always being chased by the policeman (authority). Clowns are funny precisely because their shy hopes lead invariably to brief flings of (exhilarating?) disorder followed by crushing retaliation from the status quo. It delights us to watch a careless clown break taboos; it thrills us vicariously to watch him run wild and free; it reassures us to see him slapped down and order restored. After all, we can condone liberty only up to a point. Consider Jesus as a ragged, nonconforming clown–laughed at, persecuted and despised–playing out the dumb show at his crucifixion against the responsible pretensions of authority.” - Tom Robbins, Another Roadside Attraction

Really, only the stupid and the clowns are remembered. :grin::+1:

But in reality, I’m only one person.

2 Likes

Edgelord extraordinaire here. I paint my nails black, rock the guy-liner, have a selection of massive reversed pentacles and other satanic themed jewelry, etc…and I don’t think anyone here will dispute my serious dedication to the occult path.

Some people just like the shockvalue, others just enjoy the aesthetic. I’m a bit of both of those honestly. It’s just my thing, my dude. I wouldn’t be so quick to judge everyone with this aesthetic as posers. Looks at BALGs own Orlee Stewart for instance. She’s as gothed out as you can get and is absolutely on point with her skills and knowledge.

9 Likes

It is hard to say without knowing them. A posed picture speaks nothing of one’s character. As far as why he did it for this picture, it is likely aesthetics. There are many reasons to burn a book. I’ve done it in ritual myself.

That being said, there are those who are loud with imagery for the shock value, whether or not it actually is part of their path. Some out of pride for their path (I used to do the same with Norse style jewelry back when I was involved with Astrau). Just how some people are really.

2 Likes

I always try to blend in, although that’s difficult. You get a vibe about you or something. I wear an inverted, silver pentagram created by a silversmith who is now dead. It rarely slips into view, but when it does I just know by the reactions.

And as for those who wear black as their default position I highly recommend The Satanic Witch or What To Do When Virtue Fails by Anton LaVey.

Al.

3 Likes

I mean speaking as a metalhead here, yeah i mainly look like a thrasher (sometimes on a black metal side) but i dont use that as a way of trying to be “evil”. Being a metalhead and loving metal music is pretty much the same as being a horror fanatic (which i also am). But i never equate that with my magic, to me its completely separate. I dont use my style and my music as a way of satisfying some dark lord and putting up the middle finger salute to the christian god.

Im not huge on christianity but im not gonna go burn down churches and terrorize christian folk lol. I would feel like i made a fool of myself if i did shit like that just to get all eyes on me. If someone prefers to follow their judeo-christian god, alright thats their thing, it just doesnt need to be put in my face because i dont try to push my magical ways on others (if anything i push musicianship lmao).

1 Like

Hail.

THE
E D G E :sunglasses:

I’m sO diFfeRent and QuIRKy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Haha, fuck Christianity that’s mainstream bullshit
I’m so different Satan is my God, Lucifer is the best.
Darkness consumes me haha no feeling…

Damn only 50 likes…:pensive:

They enjoy the idea that they are different and anti culture, it’s basically a popularity contest for who’s the EdGieSt or diFfeRent.

Or they realize telling everyone they worship Satan… does not personify the best public image.

Most of them will never summon a demon or take the time to learn magick.

They remind me of those guys in highschool who make the football team just to wear a jersey and say they are on the team.

:man_shrugging:t2: It’s a faze :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

“How come God hogs up all the good fellas and we get all the retards?”
Indeed

4 Likes

It’s just a fashion statement. This has been around for a long time, except everyone has the opportunity during these times to exhibit their identity with bodily features and items/clothing. It is usually acceptable. Everyone has a particular style.

3 Likes

Mostly either teenage angst (in which case it’s understandable and forgivable and hopefully they grow up) or anti-social losers who never got a clue about life.

2 Likes

I love how toxic the picture is. Could he be a vampire sucking you all dry perhaps?

Seems to me alot of people on this thread are depressed and even more of a robot then the individual enjoying his existence in the picture. Why worry about it? Why does eat you up so much? Go accomplish something…I mean at least his pic went viral …oh my such duck butter.

Sad little attention seekers with low vibration. If you have real power you don’t need to show it off.

It depends on how your power works whether you need to show it off or not.

1 Like

I honestly wish I lived in an area where it would be socially acceptable for an adult wife and mother to edge out some.

But I live in rural consverative America (which is very cool with me, I just clash with the religious aspect here) and as such its just so not accepted. And it would be detrimental to my husbands business and my kids social life if i did 🤷 so I dont.

And I already get the look because of the vibe I give off and I dress either like Betty crocker home maker or my work clothes (dirty carpenter/drywaller/painter) so I think its more about vibe than appearance.

The kid to me doesnt strike me as a high level anything yet. Mainly just vibes attention seeking approval puppet from his anarchist anti social counter culture peer puppet masters. Which is common among today’s dopamine social media likes seeking junkies.

1 Like

They exist as camouflage for the rest of us.

8 Likes

@wickedpea I love this :joy: Indeed they hide the true power. Just allow them be the pink elephant in the room while we ground our energies onto this planet and by time they find out it be to late. :smirk: JK lol

In all honesty I questioned this myself. Why it is that they go through this length to get attention. I understand some of us was that goth kid that got turned on with the vampire fad or that emo kid that had to have their “brooding” mood or that punk goth that “practiced” witch craft. :unamused: I know I was that goth kid. :pensive: That one that was turned on with the thought of a hot vampire biting my neck :flushed::rofl:

But I have to agree what was posted. None of the beings from the Empire would work with these kids. If they actually did get hold of someone and say that it was Satan or Lucifer or a important demon lord, welp either it’s them talking out of their ass or it’s a imposter who is board and see them as either entertainment and/or a poor ignorant fool to get them to help them achieve a goal (most likely either possession of their body or getting free energy aka their own or blood sacrifice) But either or never turns out grate and the person who is fooled will ultimately either wound up being in a extremely bad situation (homeless, drug addiction, prison ect) or gone insane by the entity that most likely haunt them and terrorize them for a good amount of their lives before either one of the above happens and the entity gets board or they some how brake free and most likely be converted to the Christian faith, most likely traumatized for life. :woman_shrugging:t2:

This is exactly why when I had people in the past who wanted to communicate to any spirit, I always recommend them start from ground and build up.

3 Likes

I understand to some extent: I live in a very liberal area, but I work in a very conservative profession. While there’s a little room for self-expression, we’re expected to look neutral.

I don’t necessarily mind the sacrifice most of the time because I’d much rather have the career than the funky haircut or tattoos. I’d rather be able to actually use magick to get what I want than to spend my time convincing people that I use it.

But that’s something that chafes me about some younger people ostensibly on the Left Hand path, when they assume that they can wholesale reject the normative world and then perform rituals or make pacts with spirits to get what they want from the normative world, without putting in any effort, without giving the world a reason to give them what they want.

I remember about a year ago, I met a 20-year old with a GED who had no ambition and was defensive to “normies.” She told/warned me that it doesn’t matter what her life is like now, because she’ll be “living off her investments,” and won’t need to work, even though she wasn’t investing in anything but body mods and booze and clearly didn’t know how to talk to middle and upper class people to make the kind of social connections you need in order to be able to invest.

And she mentioned that she’d send Belial to “set me straight” for telling her it’ll never happen.

It’s been a year and Belial hasn’t turned on me yet.

Wonder how those investments are working out.

4 Likes

What is this image please?

Not really related to the OP, but that’s an image of Baphomet.