Why do some people suddenly turn to Christianity?

i know girls/guys that only attend church to know people to have sex.
so it is all social,like a pre-ritual before fuck aha!
because their families only want to see them with people that attend the church,so you go there and it is sure that one of the girls will come hungry for dick.
the girls of churches normally are hungry for dick all the time.
not gonna lie,the girls on church are very tight!!!
its all bullshit,atleast here it is like a neutral point and the people go there but the real intention is to fuck.

2 Likes

I probably maintain a belief I had years ago, that some people involved in Yoga, esotericism etc. wasn’t able to endure a trial (not necessarily caused by spiritual beings) and, mistaking it, they chickened out.
The Christian culture could sometimes manage to instill doubts, being strong and widespread, all that “only right way” thing.

2 Likes

I have especially seen people go “cattywumpus” in more mainstream, Right Hand Path oriented, Eastern or New Age paths. At best, breaking your brain might result in major ego problems and a major disconnect from reality (Westerners bring in so much baggage about the mind/body split and about sexual energy from the Western worldview, and I think this disconnection is a real dark side of RHP practice that nobody wants to cop to) and result in narcissistic personality changes and at worst, you might end up in psychiatric care or rehab.

Everything “bad” that people say will happen to you from practicing LHP, happened to me via RHP practices - thinking I was going crazy, narcissistic personality regression and years and years of pointless therapy, damage to my energy system resulting in years of autoimmune illness (which resolved via magic practice), hauntings, weird voices, and later, just a lingering feeling of disempowerment.

I’ve seen more people break their brain in a zen retreat than I’ve ever seen among pagans and occultists. It’s meditation culture’s dirty little secret. They are just less likely to connect their bad experiences to their path and may even double down on practice which leads to further disconnection between their practice and “the real world.” But yes, people do go psychotic just doing seemingly “benign” practices like meditation. And they’re often encouraged to keep doing those practices improperly and without guidance.

These paths are sold as a part of affluent “health/wellness culture” - in American culture, a lot of people getting into Buddhism, yoga, or qi gong may initially start of atheistic in orientation and be sold the practice as part of health or wellness, and so they may have no preparation whatsoever for shadow stuff that comes up, or for actual spiritual “awakening” symptoms. It doesn’t help that so many Western teachers are utterly out of their depth when it comes to mystical experiences via those paths.

Whereas someone taking up witchcraft probably does at least harbor at least some expectation of ghosts, demons, or magic actually existing.

For all the talk of Western magic being “bad” for Westerners, I suspect asceticism - which feeds off of personality damage and psychological fracturing and abuse we already receive in this sexually messed up, consumerist culture and in the average person’s dysfunctional family system - is often a lot worse.

*Edited to add: Another thing that Westerners very typically bring into Eastern practices, is that Eastern practices (with traditional guru/lama/sensei/etc relationships) can be very appealing to Westerners who feel disconnected from Western culture and are seeking some sort of rigid hierarchic structure and a surrogate parent figure, but don’t want to go to Christianity for these things. Especially since, unlike the occult or paganism, Buddhism and yoga are almost mainstream. There are so many guru relationships that go wrong - whether it’s because of a cultural disconnect on the part of a Westerner who romanticizes non-Western cultures and/or a teacher taking advantage of the student’s ignorance, or because of a Western teacher who doesn’t have a full understanding of the path and/or is also in it for the wrong reasons. I’d hazard to guess that “going wrong” is actually the rule.

4 Likes

YES - I’ve been saying that for years, not just here, trying to convince people that all this “I must detach and renounce the world” stuff is dangerous as hell for the average non-hermit, and often felt like I was yelling into the void! :laughing:

I had a lot of these things, though thankfully I’m both crazy enough and stubborn enough that they merely provided the launchpad of my own ascent via the LHP, I posted about it here:

In the tutorial for core shamanism I have created, a large chunk of the Upper World section’s intro (where people meet ascended masters and so on) is a warning against this kind of problemas well, because I have seen far too many people who studied alongside me get led a merry dance, while practicing with great care and attention, through an excess of trust in spirits and the baseline notion that detaching from this world must always be good and holy. :rolling_eyes:

And I agree totally that the normal advice people are given, to become even more immersed, is toxic in the majority of cases, especially for the divorced and/or neurotic women who seem to make up 80% of clientele for these services, and who combine a childlike need to be led, with deep self-hatred (which overlaps into hatred of their society and everyday environment) and emotional instability.

PS Thanks for the article link, it horrifies me that “mindfulness meditation” is recommended so smugly right now to people with clinical depression, bipolar, and even PTSD, when Himalayan Academy, very conservative and traditional Huindu teachers, instruct that meditation is NOT suitable for people who regularly feel sad or angry, due to the energising effects on the lower chakras.

3 Likes

Where can I find this???

1 Like

I typed out a tutorial (I’ll PM it to you after posting this) which I’ve sent to a few people on here - the only reasons I haven’t posted it publicly are 1. any tutorial generates ongoing questions by new members who find it, which is fine, but I can’t always commit the time to give them the attention they deserve, and 2. the people I did some training with, the Foundation for Shamanic Studies, had some kind of weird copyright, although this is taught openly by other teachers, but I’m not sure where the line’s drawn so I’m keeping this to PM for now, to avoid those complications. :smiley:

3 Likes

Oooh. Would you mind sending me a copy, too?

2 Likes

I see you know your Christianity pretty well. I also noticed your a Christian now? I’m just curious because I’m battling with belief right now. Why should we accept the words of the bible too be true?

And if you don’t mind the time. I’d perfer the academic route as much as the moralistic. I just can’t bring myself too practice magic until I wrap my head around this. In amos “is there no evil in this city that jehovah hath not done” or In isaiah where he clearly states he creates light dark good and evil peace and calamity" I’m sure you know the other touchy verses like this. Plus, alot of the bible seems too be pagan rip off-ish.

1 Like

First, you should make sure that you introduce yourself to the forum, it’s one of the rules. :smiley:

Second, I no longer call myself a Christian, I excommunicated myself a few months ago by becoming a heretic, and then an apostate. It’s my intention to remain this way, and I have musings about practicing Judaism, Islam, or Hinduism to gain the same in depth knowledge about them that I have of Christianity.

But, I would say that we should treat the Bible with the same respect we treat other holy scriptures. But, we shouldn’t overtly revere it. It’s a great tool for divination, just think about your question in your mind and randomly open your bible and the verse you see first is an answer, it was an old tradition in the Catholic Church called Sortes Sanctum which translates to Lots of the Saints.

Yes, this is true. Originally, the Hebrews were part of the Canaanite pantheon, and originally the worshiped Yahweh among the other gods of the Canaanite pantheon, including El, the cheif of the Canaanite pantheon. Isra-El for example (The Hebrew root of “isra” is a complicated and hard to translate name, it carries the connotations of fighting and through fighting becoming victorious over your opponent, and it is unknown whether it is El doing the fighting on behalf of the man, or the man doing to fighting against El.) I have detailed previously how the Hebrews went from worshiping El and the Eloheim to a singular devotion to the god Yahweh during the times of the Prophets Hosea (Salvation) and Elijah (El is Yahweh) who began the cult of Yahweh and eventually he eventually subsumed the characteristics of El.

Yahweh was originally a warrior God who rode on clouds, we have evidence of him also in the Bedouin Pantheon and pre-Islamic Pagan Arabia. Yahweh sent Moses to free the Hebrews from Egyptian slavery and then Yahweh and the Hebrews made a covenant together, which is why they remain the chosen people of God to this day.

Anyway, I’m rambling, I have to go soon. But when the Hebrews went into the Babylonian exile they got heavily influenced by Zoroastrianism and part of that Zoroastrian influence was taking Yahweh, who did both good and evil, and make him do only the good, like Ahura Mazda. And then, they took a class of angel, the satans, known for their accusing nature got rebranded as Satan, the entity that opposes Yahweh in the same way that Ahriman opposes Ahura Mazda. And a lot of things, like an actual afterlife other than the grave, a belief in the resurrection, and many other beliefs that weren’t originally Jewish but became so.

Christianity is the inheritor of this legacy of Zoroastrian influence into Judaism.

3 Likes

because the christian girls are tight and know how to bend knee like no other!

So how do you people new into the occult prepare/deal with the actual consequences of magick practice?

First. Christianity at its base value is “believe in god and he will take care of you in everything” its a religion of slavery and servitude, not power. Second although there is christian mysticism one cannot reach god without first going through jesus. So your not even going to god your circumventing the whole process.
Thirdly its pretty easy to make use of the forgiveness clause most people who do not realize their own godhood go back to what they know. Which is christianity it is the only basic religion that 99 percent of people know in the world where you can " be saved" and you would not suffer any type of consequence after death. Although most people even in christianity dont know what being “saved” means

1 Like

Not really, early Xianity was big on deeds and words, even thoughts, having to fit certain standards in order to get to heaven and be worthy, this thing of “only believe, and you’re guaranteed to be saved” is quite new.

We need @ashtkerr on this one really but he’s not been on for a while, he knows more about the different schools of thought and their history.

I don’t believe in it and have never professed that faith, but it has crossed streams sufficiently with some ancient mystery school concepts regarding the ascent of man via self-identification with a/the god, that not every single thing in it is worthless.

1 Like

One item recently brought to my attention is baptism. Most baptisms are tame these days. Back in older times a person was nearly drowned, causing a near death experience.

There is also the issue these days, where most Christians are against any social programs, reinforcing not the behavior expected, but the opposite, charity vs.miserliness.

I think most people have a healthy fear of death and what comes after and they believe the hype thats been drummed into humanity and society for a couple thousand years perhaps they have a close call or someone close to them dies or has a close call and they question what is going to happen to them when they die and after having the horrors of going to hell drummed into you since birth most people shit their pants and turn to what they percieve as a source of comfort that they will go to a good place when they pass.

Correct. Both The Didache and The Epistle of St. Barnabas both non-canonical early church documents from the first century contain lists of do’s and dont’s for Christians.

The Didache (50 AD) I, “There are two ways, one of life and one of death; but a great difference between the two ways.”

The Epistle of St. Barnabas (80 AD) XVIII, “But let us now pass to another sort of knowledge and doctrine. There are two ways of doctrine and authority, the one of light, and the other of darkness. But there is a great difference between these two ways. For over one are stationed the light-bringing angels of God, but over the other the angels of Satan. And He indeed (i.e., God) is Lord for ever and ever, but he (i.e., Satan) is prince of the time of iniquity.”

I had mentioned in a previous forum somewhere about continuing to have dreams about Jesus and returning to Christianity. At which point Drachir swore at me and rebuked me for being such a pussy, or something like that. Nevertheless, one morning it was like an outpouring of grace, I had another dream and when I woke up I felt such a sense of contrition and need for God that the first words I uttered were, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.” That was on Sunday, November 19. I made an appointment with the pastor of the parish, a man who had truly become a father to me, I went to confession with him on Thursday, November 23 and later that day I went to my first Mass in three months. Many people were excited to see me, apparently they all had thought that I had moved to Edmonton with my mom, but one woman, Irene, told me that my guardian angel appeared before her while she was in prayer asking her to pray for me and that I was not in Edmonton. Along with her, so many friends of mine shared that they had been faithful to daily pray for me to return to the Church, I felt really blessed by the whole experience.

I did a minor exorcism on my room with holy water and suddenly my cat, who never used to come into my room, ever, suddenly began entering my room. I don’t believe that this was a coincidence. I was checking my e-mail today and I got a summary of notifications from BALG, and I thought I might check up and see how everyone’s doing.

Maybe, I do know that Theosis was a doctrine taught from the times of the Apostles. St. Irenaeus of Lyons is a disciple of St. Polycarp of Smyrna, who in turn is a disciple of St. John the Apostle.

St. Irenaeus of Lyons (130-202 AD), Against Heresies V, Preface, “[B]ut following the only true and steadfast Teacher, the Word of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, who did, through His transcendent love, become what we are, that He might bring us to be even what He is Himself.”

St. Clement of Alexandria (150-215 AD), Exhortation to the Heathen I, “[Y]ea, I say, the Word of God became man, that you may learn from man how man may become God.”

St. Justin Martyr (100-165 AD), Dialogue with Trypho 124, “[Y]et thereby it is demonstrated that all men are deemed worthy of becoming gods, and of having power to become sons of the Highest…”

Unlikely, going back to The Didache, it describes the acceptable modes of Baptism for the Early Church.

The Didache VII, “And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in living [i.e. running] water. But if you have not living [i.e. running] water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptism let the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.”

It’s very difficult to drown people by dumping water over their heads.

This is a sad, but true, observation. The Catholic Church however, is the number one charitable organization in the entire world.

I definitely believe that this is true to a great extent, but not totally, as is usually the case. Rarely do true monoliths exist in any organization or religion, Christianity, and Catholicism within it, are no exceptions. I don’t serve God in order to go to heaven, though that’s a nice benefit, primarily, it’s because I can’t do anything else. I consecrated myself to Jesus in my baptism, and I am his and he is mine into perpetuity. He will always uphold his end of the covenant, the least I can do is attempt to do the same.

I primarily think of Christianity not as a way to “fly away” to heaven, but instead to let “thy kingdom come and they will be done on earth as it is in heaven”. When I feed the poor, a little bit of heaven is manifested on earth. When I give money without expectation of return, a little bit of heaven is manifested on earth. Our job is to “immanentize the eschaton”.

I apologize for the length of this post, it’s just been so long since I’ve made a post here, I wanted to be perfectly clear and expressive in my language. Who knows, BALG may have two Catholics, eh @telgega?

2 Likes

I thank you for your post and ,I myself, feel and believe in God, as I was raised Christian , yet I feel such admiration for BALG community and LADY_EVA. I consider myself spiritual and yet I keep finding BALG community and resources extremely honest and helpful. Your post expands and enlightens my personal perspective and perceptions on spirituality. Thx you very much for taking the time to post brother💘

1 Like

that shit is soooo sad. mostly, it was a malware always runniing in her background, just waiting for the right time to crash her system to its own designs. Alot of time people go to the 'Whiter Deeper arts from other cultures thinking they can pretty up what they thought was a very deficient christianity. They can get alot of new 'friends and Wower power" which carresses their ego so well, some even know and plan to “Return from the fall” [Jacob NO comes to mind] because for those with low self esteem nothing feels better than ‘being the lost sheep who found their way Home’. For the most part, it is just cheaper and easier to fall to the lowest common denominator which ultimately “Requires” just abit of lip service in promise of the prettiest crown. Give me an hour with her, she would not have a bible to stand on… but then she may be so delicate that could send her literally over a cliff… or worse, a fundementalist something.

2 Likes