Why do some people suddenly turn to Christianity?

I’m so awe struck I just had to post it… I used to fallow the blog of a woman (Simona Rich), she posted some pretty interesting stuff about yoga, aura, hinduism etc… She had a really big site and even sold ebooks. She was so into this kind of stuff that she went to live in India for many years and was making her website into a commerce. Today I went to visit her site and you can’t imagine my surprise when I found out that she had removed all her articles, all her ebooks etc and is now warning people that these stuff belong to Satan!!! She is now using her blog to ramble endlessly about the Bible, satan, fallen angels, Adam & Eve and how God would have sent her a revelation that she had to renounce her old practices… I mean WTF,!!! If you want to read her whole story it is here : [url=http://www.simonarich.com/about-simona-rich]http://www.simonarich.com/about-simona-rich[/url]

But what is wrong with such a people?? What happens to them?? I mean I used to be a Catholic in the past and it’s Jesus himself who has redirected me toward the occult, shamanism etc… I suffered curses thrown at me, Entities attachments so I used to go to the church and pray endlessly for God to give me weapons so that I could defend myself against that. How can the God who’s directed me towards magick tell another person to renounce magick???

3 Likes

Who knows. People do wierd stuff. Maybe she needs to feel dependent or maybe needs to feel like shes fighting for a greater good.

I know for me being raised certain way and then breaking away from it is hard. Because we are creatures of habit.

I do feel that there are lessons learned in everything. You are navigator of your course. Sometimes the winds pick up and your sailing faster or changing course.
Id like think that there are lessons for her in this change of course.

Some people go back to because they get hounded so much that they just give in. Like here someone i know got custody of thier kids just because they go to church and the other person dosent. And yes the judge straight out asked both of them did they go to church and where.
It was my middle sister. The south is still very stuck on that.

2 Likes

Christianity sans magic is just the path some need to follow. Not everyone can hack it with magic and the front face of Christianity offers them a connection with the Spirit even if it is a more passive connection.

Some of us came to see that many of the spirits that are venerated in Christianity are masks of older Greco-Egyptian deities. Behind closed doors, we call them by their names. In the church, we can’t readily walk up to a statue of Anael, shoot it the finger guns and say “Yo, Aphrodite, s’up?” So we blend in because we like the fellowship and companionship of the fellow parishioners, even if they don’t know what is going on behind those closed doors.

I know it’s not a popular sentiment here but the spirit that is Jesus is indeed a powerful spirit. If he’s your guy, he’s your guy and he does watch out for his people.

So if he directs them away from magic I tend to believe that he honestly was trying to save them from getting into something that they were not prepared for.

Others he may tap on the shoulder and say “Hey, come follow me and check this out.”

1 Like

[quote=“Orismen, post:3, topic:9120”]Christianity sans magic is just the path some need to follow. Not everyone can hack it with magic and the front face of Christianity offers them a connection with the Spirit even if it is a more passive connection.

Some of us came to see that many of the spirits that are venerated in Christianity are masks of older Greco-Egyptian deities. Behind closed doors, we call them by their names. In the church, we can’t readily walk up to a statue of Anael, shoot it the finger guns and say “Yo, Aphrodite, s’up?” So we blend in because we like the fellowship and companionship of the fellow parishioners, even if they don’t know what is going on behind those closed doors.

I know it’s not a popular sentiment here but the spirit that is Jesus is indeed a powerful spirit. If he’s your guy, he’s your guy and he does watch out for his people.

So if he directs them away from magic I tend to believe that he honestly was trying to save them from getting into something that they were not prepared for.

Others he may tap on the shoulder and say “Hey, come follow me and check this out.”[/quote]
I understand what your saying. But he never saved me from anything.
I could quote every bible story by the time I was four.
I went to christian daycare until first grade. My grandpa a baptist minester and my other grandma was strict penticostal.
I can pray with the best. But when i was suicidal and spent everyday planning how i would kill myself the was no angel of mercy, not one to save me.
I finally said Fuck it…if gonna live even after an entire bottle of nyquil a bottle of tylonel pm and and fifth of crown royal and a bottle of benadryl…im still fucking here so im going to make the most of it live. Slashing my wrist got me nothing but scars so damn…im gonna try a new attitude and find my own way. Azazel has done more than any Christian god ever has for me. And Im being 100% honest about that.

5 Likes

I think she felt overwhelmed that’s why she would rather not have to deal with anything. Opening chakras and ascending and enlightenment and all this stuff if not for everybody. Not everybody can handle it. She said she felt violated when the monk walked by her and could affect her. BUT THAT happend to me when I was under Christianity. Why Christian God and Jesus didn’t protect me from being attacked energetically? I just think she is much too of a comfortable person and prefers to hide behind Jesus shit…
I love my empowerment that I have now. I sense immediately when someone is fuckin with me and throw it right back and do the same or worse…and they back off. Love it. I wouldn’t change that on 100 jesus…

2 Likes

[quote=“arianna, post:4, topic:9120”][quote=“Orismen, post:3, topic:9120”]Christianity sans magic is just the path some need to follow. Not everyone can hack it with magic and the front face of Christianity offers them a connection with the Spirit even if it is a more passive connection.

Others he may tap on the shoulder and say “Hey, come follow me and check this out.”[/quote]
I understand what your saying. But he never saved me from anything.
I could quote every bible story by the time I was four.
I went to christian daycare until first grade. My grandpa a baptist minester and my other grandma was strict penticostal.
I can pray with the best. But when i was suicidal and spent everyday planning how i would kill myself the was no angel of mercy, not one to save me.
I finally said Fuck it…if gonna live even after an entire bottle of nyquil a bottle of tylonel pm and and fifth of crown royal and a bottle of benadryl…im still fucking here so im going to make the most of it live. Slashing my wrist got me nothing but scars so damn…im gonna try a new attitude and find my own way. Azazel has done more than any Christian god ever has for me. And Im being 100% honest about that.[/quote]

He must not have been your guy.

It’s like the saying goes, “When God gives you lemons, you find a new God.”

Or something to that effect.

3 Likes

Definitely not my guy! But if it works for others. That what matters.

I’ve had something really similar to arianna happen to me. In high school I was sort of a Jesus freak because I thought Jesus could save me from my depression. I prayed and prayed and I got nothing. No support. No saving grace. And certainly no “Holy Spirit”. I left the whole thing. Odin is waaaay more supportive and protective than that stupid Jewish Zombie (that probably didn’t exist anyhow).

1 Like

Yes. Its really tough. Especially when you hear people talk about all those “miracles” that saved them. And you really pray expecting that. Because your taught to. And it never happens.
You realize that you gotta watch out for you because nobody else is going to.
But Azazel is one i can count on. He has came through for me.
Im glad you have Odin as I have Azazel :slight_smile:

There’s a running joke in the circles I travel in that magic for newbies is this Epic Level thing that they get all elitist and Edgelordy about, until they actually get it to work. Then they go one of two ways: They go wide eyed, smile and want more, or the power blasts their brains and they run screaming into the safest paradigm possible; generally Christianity. I’m guessing she went the latter route.

2 Likes

Lack of study and the fear of Hell. If she actually took the time to study the origins of Christianity (and even Judaism and Islam for that matter), she’d have found out it’s all plagiarism and syncretism used a form of control over the masses.

Hinduism and Buddhism also have concepts of Hell, though different than the Christian or Islamic ones. I’d never revert back to Christianity all I know for certain it’s all a lie.

1 Like

Buddhist hells are my favorite!

1 Like

Yes. Its really tough. Especially when you hear people talk about all those “miracles” that saved them. And you really pray expecting that. Because your taught to. And it never happens.
Im glad you have Odin as I have Azazel :)[/quote] Honestly magick has changed my life for the better. When I was a Christian I listened to Brian “Head” Welch (a evangelist member of the band KoRn) because I figured if Jesus had “saved” him from addiction then Jesus could “save” me from depression. It all turned out to be hog wash and I have the scars on my wrists to prove it. But that’s in the past. I’m glad you have Azazel and I’m glad I have BALG and the great friends and teachers I’ve found on here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im glad you have Odin as I have Azazel :)[/quote] Honestly magick has changed my life for the better. When I was a Christian I listened to Brian “Head” Welch (a evangelist member of the band KoRn) because I figured if Jesus had “saved” him from addiction then Jesus could “save” me from depression. It all turned out to be hog wash and I have the scars on my wrists to prove it. But that’s in the past. I’m glad you have Azazel and I’m glad I have BALG and the great friends and teachers I’ve found on here :)[/quote]
Me too!! There are some amazing people here! Im glad I got the chance to know them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even basic New-Age stuff?

She had a really big site and even sold ebooks. She was so into this kind of stuff that she went to live in India for many years and was making her website into a commerce. Today I went to visit her site and you can't imagine my surprise when I found out that she had removed all her articles, all her ebooks etc and is now warning people that these stuff belong to Satan!!!

So she’s just dumb.

She is now using her blog to ramble endlessly about the Bible, satan, fallen angels, Adam & Eve and how God would have sent her a revelation that she had to renounce her old practices... I mean WTF,!!! If you want to read her whole story it is here : [url=http://www.simonarich.com/about-simona-rich]http://www.simonarich.com/about-simona-rich[/url]

Yeah, nothing special to see here, just a person breaking into little fragments.

But what is wrong with such a people?? What happens to them??

The ones that aren’t cut out for this thing, simply break on the way if they’re deep enough.

How can the God who's directed me towards magick tell another person to renounce magick???

Simple answers:

1. Your god didn’t direct you to anything, it was one of the spirits that masked itself so you’d listen.

2. Her god didn’t say anything, she’s insane.

3. You’re both loons. Have fun.

Some of us came to see that many of the spirits that are venerated in Christianity are masks of older Greco-Egyptian deities. Behind closed doors, we call them by their names. In the church, we can't readily walk up to a statue of Anael, shoot it the finger guns and say "Yo, Aphrodite, s'up?" So we blend in because we like the fellowship and companionship of the fellow parishioners, even if they don't know what is going on behind those closed doors.

That’s different than renouncing everything and becoming a Christian and saying even the most shallow New-Age stuff “belongs to Satan”.

Blending is fine, renouncing is not.

I don’t think the problem is with only Christianity. I’ve noticed that some entities masquerade as other Gods, Goddesses, Angels, and Demons. This renouncement and diversion into another path could mean to give up your power and to lower down your guard and spiritually corrupt your ascent.

I’ve seen ridiculous videos and read articles where even some Christians would have the holy spirit exorcised out of them by Muslims with passage recitations from the Koran and in turn submit themselves to Islam and vice versa. Lmfao

There’s plenty of stories here on BALG alone to convince you that there are indeed liars and disinfo shapeshifting agents on the spiritual/astral planes.

So don’t go giving up your protection and banishing techniques!

I don’t think the problem is with only Christianity. I’ve noticed that some entities masquerade as other Gods, Goddesses, Angels, and Demons. This renouncement and diversion into another path could mean to give up your power and to lower down your guard and spiritually corrupt your ascent.[/quote]
It sounds like it is similar to little kids running into a bad entity on a Ouija board. They don’t know how to protect themselves so as soon as they run into a bad entity they remember what their mommy and daddy said about Satan and run back to Jesus.

When I was Christian as a little kid, the only way I ever heard of contacting “demons” was ouija and tarot. If I had experimented and never had the fortune of running into an actual magician then I never would have found out about skrying, evocation, astral travel. I would never had heard of the concept of lower astral plane entities and probably would be a christian today.

Just out of curiosity - not trying to make any particular point - now that you’ve been practicing the occult and you KNOW HOW to get in touch with spirits, have you tried using your new abilities to contact Jesus? Or Jehovah? Or whoever. You know, just to see what they’d say? Maybe ask why Jesus - in all his infinite love and compassion - didn’t come to your aid?

I would ask the same question of everyone else who used to be a Christian but never got anything from it.

Just a possibility - maybe some of the people who are getting something back from Jesus are getting into TGS or something without even knowing it. Though they don’t realize, Christians DO practice magic. But they think magic is bad so they don’t see it like that and they don’t gone their ability. But some do engage in a kind of meditation, where they spend time alone, relaxing, and contemplating or praying - I have no doubt that some Christians actually can drop into the right trance to affect a result, they’re just totally ignorant of what they’re doing or why it works. They simply take it is as affirmation.

Just out of curiosity - not trying to make any particular point - now that you’ve been practicing the occult and you KNOW HOW to get in touch with spirits, have you tried using your new abilities to contact Jesus? Or Jehovah? Or whoever. You know, just to see what they’d say? Maybe ask why Jesus - in all his infinite love and compassion - didn’t come to your aid?

I would ask the same question of everyone else who used to be a Christian but never got anything from it.

Just a possibility - maybe some of the people who are getting something back from Jesus are getting into TGS or something without even knowing it. Though they don’t realize, Christians DO practice magic. But they think magic is bad so they don’t see it like that and they don’t gone their ability. But some do engage in a kind of meditation, where they spend time alone, relaxing, and contemplating or praying - I have no doubt that some Christians actually can drop into the right trance to affect a result, they’re just totally ignorant of what they’re doing or why it works. They simply take it is as affirmation.[/quote]

Hmmm how to explain…
When I was 13 my step dad was a trucker and my mom always went with him. So that left me and my little sisters to be left here there and with everyone.
So one time they were leaving and i was in school so i was told to choose where i would go stay. But i just wanted to stay home. With my mom. So i said i wanted to stay home thinking she would too.
Nope i was given a twenty dollar bill and told ill see ya in a week. I was 13 and home alone for a day short of a week and i still went to school. My grandpa just happened to call the house and flipped shit that i had been there alone and went to get me.
So my feelings are why do i want to talk to someone who abandoned me?
Ive asked my mom about that and get complete denial that it happened. She was always the best parent ever.
Im pretty sure itd be about the same discussion.
The all loving father never abandoned me. Its just in my own head. Or some shit.

I get in touch with spirits yes. But Id rather talk to Azazel anyday. I feel like itd be reliving something that was painful enough the first time. :confused:

But it is a good question.

1 Like

simple answer: WEAKNESS.

they see something on this side of the curtain and they think that “oh my god im going to end up selling my soul to the devil to save me from this monster”

they would rather join a cult with 2000 years of bullshit propaganda behind it than be a strong individual.

its the saddest thing in the world to me that people can’t handle this shit. its your fucking birthright and they throw it all away because of their fear and ignorance.

they dont have the mental fortitude to live on their feet, standing and bracing the waves of spirit so they get down on their knees and beg christ for mercy and all that nonsense… they are mentally and spiritually WEAK!

the saddest part of all of this is that if they had just braced themselves, stood with resolve and done battle with the demon or whatever they feared, they would have come out STRONGER. they were presented with a trial to fortify one’s self and they RAN AWAY before the battle ever began. COWARDS! cowards cowering at the feet of a god who’s time is almost up.

1 Like