Why do people work more with demons rather than angels and gods?

Are they not one in the same? Without the dark, one cannot know light, and without light one will never know of the dark.

But does the dark give way to the light, or the light give way to the dark?

I guess what I’m saying underneath all that philosophy bs is why must there be duality? In terms of light and dark, all is one. Good, evil, light and dark are all subjective. They all play off what one was shown.

4 Likes

It can be.

Not remotely true, in my experience. If anything they are extremely efficient and reliable. Any time I have had a problem it was because of “user error”.

I would not say evil is an accurate term. Dark, perhaps, but evil is not accurate. I have had a demon teach me more about the nature of charity and bringing abundance into the lives of those around me than I have learned from any allegedly “good” entities. But, to answer your question, I have no idea. No offense to anyone, but I have noticed this trend as well. There is very little discussion to be had on planetary powers or good old plain chaos sigils, too. Nobody is talking about using magick in day to day mundane ways, either, like using it on your food or natural remedies to enhance their innate health benefits. I think a lot of people shy away from angelic entities because of their association with Abrahamic faiths, but I have no such prejudices, myself. Not including aspects of the Catholic egregore, I honestly believe most “angelic” entities pre-date Judaism or Christianity; they were just known as different things and called by different names. And of course, some people are just drawn to them for personal reasons. It is different for everybody.

There are risks to be had working with what you perceive as “ascend forces”, they are just different, and sometimes those risks can be just as great. Most of the time the things you can ask from an angelic are not the same, or at least not manifested in similar fashion. Some of those things are not “feel good”, so the entity which delivers on it might be considered evil or demonic by some.

5 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. Neither give way to either; they are ambivalent. It is our perception of them that gives creed to the idea of good or evil.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right about that.

1 Like

That was enlightening. Thank you.

1 Like

Interesting responses.

My opinion is this:

Angels can be just as dangerous as demons, and they can backfire just as much as demons.

The thing is, you have to approach ANY entity with respect but also with power and confidence. It is a delicate balance to have, but it is paramount.

So ultimately, it does not matter what you call them. Angels or demons - they are entities with slightly differing characteristics and in different currents, with huge individual differences, but they all provide results.

As for the angel VS demon thing - again, it doesn’t matter. Most of the people here shy away from angels, even though angels don’t really have much to do with Abrahamic faiths in my experience.

Just as how demons are “demonized” and misrepresented, angels are too.

Demons are most often considered evil, and that they want to suck your souls out. Angels are most often considered as the messengers and servants of the Abrahamic “God”. Yet, both of these are complete and utter bullshit.

True LHP is embracing everything that is useful and stripping illusion - not replacing one bad with another bad, as it often happens when a new magickian starts working with “black” magick, flips off Christianity, demonizes angels, and starts working solely with demons.

So, to finish - try all of them out, choose what energy vibes with you the most. If you like them all, work with them all, just be careful when you start doing hardcore pathworkings, and those currents that require exclusivity. Even then you can talk things through with the entities in a current and see how you can best work with that current and another one.

Hope this helps, but do explore for yourself. Personal experience is of utmost importance in Ascent and magick, and everyone’s path is different. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I think we are saying the same thing- good and evil are merely subjective degrees of the same principle.

2 Likes

It was kinda half to you half to OP. I agree we are saying the same thing. I was just kinda adding on

2 Likes

Some people don’t see them as risky. They like working with humans and seem to benefit from it, making them more apt to help people. Not saying that Angels won’t, but in my opinion they are less likely to do most things demons would do. Also angels have moral limitations so to speak imo.

2 Likes

That’s not true, I’ve casted successful lust spells and curses with angels, as I work exclusively with them.

5 Likes

I got a chuckle out of this!

2 Likes

did you evoke Haniel for the lust spell?

1 Like

No, I made an angelic egregore named Pethahiah, as I believe spirits are psychological shortcuts to the subconscious which does all the real work. And so, an entity being established or not has no changes on its efficacy.

I made a post about it and everything.

3 Likes

yep…that’ll do it. Did you continue to feed her?

1 Like

No, it was a one off creation event.

This brings up some interesting ethical questions; do we have a moral responsibility to maintain the thoughtforms we create? If they have any degree of sentience they must be on some level aware of their own “dispersal” when they are not maintained. Obviously this is more the case for thoughtforms / tulkus that have been around a while and have had a chance to develop a degree of sentient existence than for a thoughtform created for a one off job.

1 Like

Since I believe all spiritual entities are just tricks of the conscious mind to access the subconscious mind, no I don’t believe they have any amount of sentience. And so, the ethics is resolved.

In a similar way that I roll my eyes when leftists say that we are harming our earth. Our earth used to be a giant ball of lava, it wasn’t until several asteroids crashed into it that it got water and some microorganisms. If all the humans and animals were to die in a nuclear war tomorrow, the earth will still continue on. We are not necessary for the health of the earth. And the heath of animals and plant life is not equivalent with the health of the earth either.

I don’t know if I’d say angels have moral limitations, but it’s been my experience most have a highly developed sense of order, very “it’s all part of the plan” type of guys and gals, i think they see themselves as behind the scenes mechanics who keep the machines running. :innocent:

The Demons i work with are more like “We’re making this shit up as we go along”…Oh and reaches over and starts hitting buttons on the angel’s console randomly. :smiling_imp:

But don’t take my word or anyone else’s on this either, work with both and make up your own opinion on them.

12 Likes

This gave me a chuckle too

1 Like